A long time has passed since the last patch, for both server and community. As some people might have noticed, the server (and the RIP hosting system) had to undergo multiple treatments to make them more robust and reliable. As for now I am proud to announce the new "Leviathan" server series which can be considered as the first versions of NeoEE servers that fully support each individual feature of the game.
Let me get to the details:
What's new on "Leviathan" 0.4.0.X?
- The overall architecture has been overhauled such that it runs more stable (less crashes) and with better efficiency. Furthermore, its software design now is closer to true platform independency than ever before.
- The database servers got upgraded and the storage policies have been altered. Some passwords may have been corrupted during the transformation. In that case, just send me some PM/whisper me and I will help you.
- Some may have observed that some genious 1337 hacker used an old hacking tool to flood the lobby server with fake rooms and/or games. This is no longer possible on the new versions - therefore don't even consider trying it. (Disclaimer: At no time, any data had been stolen from the databases. These "hack" just aimed to disrupt the user experience of the lobby, nothing else.)
- The features "username forgotten" and "password forgotten" have been implemented. You will now receive emails from "firstname.lastname@example.org". Make sure your spam protection doesn't block it!
So long for the boring part. What about the patch? As it is not finished yet, this list is not complete yet, so please be a bit patient. However, here are some of the highlights the patch will include:
- The RIP-hosting system got an major upgrade. Besides a new UI, it automatically checks for forwarded ports (which should render HostPingRIP.txt almost useless). Additionally, it's enhanced by a second stage at which it tries to automatically forward ports via UPnP, thus enabling game ping and saved game transfer for those who have UPnP available and enabled on their routers. Finally, in some cases, it should now be possible to transfer the game host even to those people without port forwarding.
- A source of game crashes has been removed from EEC and AOC.
- The CDKey system gets renewed. This step will make it necessary for everyone to redownload the NeoEE installer.
- New ressource options "Unlimited" and "None" are available.
- New game variants have been added (e.g. "Tournament Extreme" a.k.a. "Hyperion" with higher gathering rates and less morale).
Stay tuned for more!