A ranking suggestion in progress.

Important information about the tournament, including rules, and any announcements.
StatsZero
Intermediate Member
Xfire: EXTINQUISHER
Lobby Username: Zero. Dont forget all the fancy marks. lol

A ranking suggestion in progress.

Post by StatsZero »

Dear fellas,

The other day when i was bored, again, because of all the people leaving these days etc, I stumbled on an idea. 8)
I try'd to explain it to some mates but they didn't see any value in it. :(
I think it does actually.. so i will give it a try here. :roll:

So i was thinking:

Why not make some kind of ranking system for Save Empire Earth AND GameRanger..
Cause let's be honest; All GameRanger people are never going to come to Save-EE and Save-EE players will never all going to be at GameRanger..
So i thought: Why not support them both? Help GR players install them both and backwards.
So i made some kind of '*Beta*' ranking system... If it's even worth calling a system trololol...
Basically i made a site with all settings on there, with Numbers from 1 to 10... i repeat: THIS IS STILL BETA/Pre-Idea.

The idea is if someone wants to become in that top 10 list, they have to battle eachother..
So the one on Rank 5 in for example liga; Will battle the player in Rank 4, and Rank 4 will battle the one on 3..
Keep them off you're back by winning and gain height in rank by winning aswell..

Also, i want to say OUT LOUD that the one in Rank Nr. #1 will not forever be the Nr. # 1.. one week offline = Out of the race till they get back online on a regular basis.
And Also, Rank Nr. # 1 is not Nr # 1 on a serious basis.. so don't take it too serious.. it's just a little competetion..

I NEED help with this from you guys..
In the first place i want to know if you guys like the idea and if i should proceed in advancing it intoo a proper version!
If it's NOT an good idea i will just delete the page and the idea when i see this is not getting animo by anyone.

Also i want to say that i don't want to bother anyone and just help keeping the game alive :-)
So if you're offended in any way by me or the idea that im trying to sell: PM/Send me an e-mail.

Im going to put the site down here, though im not informed by any rules regarding posting sites and stuff so i hope it's legal :silent:

If this idea is actually doing fine after while i will put more money in it :)
---> http://www.ee-ranking.webs.com <----

Game on !
Zero.

P.S. If there already is a Zero, Im sorry dude/woman.

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Re: A ranking suggestion in progress.

Post by Captain Nemo »

It looks like it's a pretty basic ladder system u're proposing which heros also hosted a few years back with huge succes. Im a big fan of it, and it seems like u have the programming skills and resources to make this work. Im not entirely for the ranking system u have as it seems u can only play one/two person(s) at a time untill u battle the next whereas I think it'd make sense if u can play everyone, but it's your ladder.

I'd very much like to help with w/e u need help for... can't do any programming, but I can help spread the word and probably make people play this aswell as giving some advice hopefully :) Very nice initiative
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

Well, I support this 100%. I think it's nice what you are trying to do and I hope this will go good.

Couple of things that just came to mind:
1. There should probably be a "rule" on how every setting is. Example Mid SH= Game Variant Tournament, Small map, Plains, Standard High Resources, Middle Ages - Middle Ages, Difficulty Easy, Speed Very Fast, # of Wonders OFF, Use custom civs, Reveal map, Lock speed, Lock teams.
This rule is not supose to be this nazi rule, but it's gonna be used WHEN players dont agree. Example some like Medium map, or Medium difficulty.
2. I think from EEC perspective that Mod SH is more common than Mod TL, and Indy TL is more common than Indy SH. I'm not sure this is just what I think.
3. What do you do when player NR 4 is a lobby player and player NR 5 is from GR? Where are they supose to play?
4. Can a player choose to join every setting?
5. What Nemo was saying about not able to play everyone, I gotta agree with Nemo here. Think it will be alot more fun for everyone if they can play against everyone.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

[-Ts-] Tricky
Administrator

Post by [-Ts-] Tricky »

take it the lists will be extended depending on how many people join like liga you will prob get 20 and mid sh you will prob get 30+
-NeW-: ey idiot
-NeW-: triki
-NeW-: no
-NeW-: stupid
-NeW-: u are syndrom down
-NeW-: and retardet
simple_faith Assassin was pretty great
Kazter:Assassin was shit.

StatsZero
Intermediate Member

Post by StatsZero »

@ Nemo : Thanks for the great great feedback bro! At first i was kinda scared for getting flamed etc haha :)

Also, I dont REALLY have the knowledge and scripting knowledge to do it anymore at a certain point, untill that time i will just keep on developping untill i need help with it, which i will take care of :-) I can also try to throw a dollar or two at the chinese among the internet society and see how it works out..

And because i run this project alone, as i told earlier, i can't be at every battle, but when this project is really coming off the ground i will "hire" some thrusted and brand new "Stats Officers" so they can have an eye out for me :-)
So basically i can only look at 1 v 1's atm , sorrrrrry guys! Maybe later!
And if everyone can play everyone it would mean you're rank 56 for example in mid sh.. And you kill the nr 1.. You would be the nr 1.. That doesnt make sense right?? There should be a thing called "ranking" to make it a cool project! I will look intoo on how it works and i'll put it on the website tommorow!
Maybe i"ll contact u for tips and tricks! Think u can pass me your msn/skype? :-)

@ Kazter

Hey Kaz! Thanks for the support bro!

1. Yes i will put them in every different setting part of the website :-) and will look up all the information! Thanks!

2. Yes! Thanks! I was confused about what setts there should be.. I think it should be: Mid SH , Liga, Indy TL, Mod SH, Pre 2 Nano , Grenwar, Mod DM ?? :)

3. I think if you're going to be an asshole over where they should 'play' the battle, than you're just not worth the battle.. But fair question.. I guess it will be: Or they agree on 1 of them, Or we iny miny moo, OR i sett up a lan :-)

4. Every player can rank in every setting :-) Though i have to admit.. If you are 'GodOfWar653665555556' and member of GR/Lobby since 2 days i would put less effort in it, and that's why i am going to need "Help-santa's" LOL.

5. I know right :) But i gotta sit down tommorow to figure out ( maybe with a little help) how it's best be done :-)

Thanks man!! Great questions :)

@Tricky:
Yes, in some settings i will defenitly extend the list..
Im thinking of:
Mid SH: Top 25
Grenwar: Top 20/25
Indy TL: Top 10
Mod SH: Top 25
Liga: Top 10/15
Pre 2 Nano: Top 20/25

Thanks guys! E-mail me with alllll good suggestions! :-) Tommorow i will put up more rules and all the site tabs better worked out..
I hope we can start the first battles in the weekend :-) Would be much fun!

Greatings,
Zero

StatsZero
Intermediate Member

Post by StatsZero »

BTW Nemo! When i thought the problem over i actually came to the conclusion that i should work with a 'Hitlist', like score saldo in soccer :)

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

We need to make who you beat somehow important. Like beating the worst player and beating a player like Samuel should give different points. Idno, there is probably a formel that can be used here.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

[-Ts-] Tricky
Administrator

Post by [-Ts-] Tricky »

yea i was speaking with spora about that what happens if rank 15 beats rank 1 how much does he move up?

Also i know alot of people who do ladders or tournys they like to be able to play it anytime they like instead of people telling them what times to play it.

Will you have a admin guy basically incharge of different setts so that the updates to the tables are always updated?
-NeW-: ey idiot
-NeW-: triki
-NeW-: no
-NeW-: stupid
-NeW-: u are syndrom down
-NeW-: and retardet
simple_faith Assassin was pretty great
Kazter:Assassin was shit.

StatsZero
Intermediate Member

Post by StatsZero »

Omg guys! Im so cheared this is something actually talked about! Great!
Tricky, do u mind discussing things with Spora in this topic? I'd love to read it next time!

And Yes! As i said above i will invent a system of a couple of pages tommorow first thing in the morning :D and will post it here :-D
Also: real time updating isnt possiblle unless it's automatically updated in the hgame somehow, which will be impossible.

My point of view on this matter for NOW is: just sett up alot of 1 v 1's in GR and Lobby and if this is actually getting alot of animo, too much animo in fact for me alone my plan will be to get some independent people who i thrust to post in some kind of ' Officer's only ' tab in the site so i can process them on intoo the site and ranks.. If im right, which my suspiciouns are i will soon be working on iupdating ranks all day :-)

StatsZero
Intermediate Member

Post by StatsZero »

So Tricky, what do you think about experience points? Each win game will gain you a certain type of experience points depending on the sett, and the persons rank you're doing a battle with? Some kind of formula..

Example: Level 10 is 120 exp. Needed.

Tricky is level 9. And is for example in rank 6, he battles "fill in name " in rank 9.. @ level 4.. So 9 (level) minus 4 (rank opponent) x 5 ( liga sett for example... We should make a official setting top 5 from hard to easier and the points they gain ). = + 25 exp. :)

5 of them and you level up for example :P and IF the person in rank 5 has less totall exp than you: your the new 5 :)

Let me know what you think of it guys :) suggestions?

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Post by Captain Nemo »

Okay well, Ill suggest the system we used for our ladder back then cause it worked. Yours can work too Im sure, but here is just my suggestion. Everybody starts with 1000 points. u win a game u gain 10 points and if u lose u lsoe 10 points. if u play a player with 10 points more than u, u can win 11 points, and lose 9. If it's 100 more than u, u can get 19 points and only lose 1. see the pattern? anything more than that it will remain 19/1 btw. List will obviusly be in order of who has most points.

Thats what we did back then and seemed to work fine. I think I can still find the excel thing I did to calculate points easy. might even be able to get the script if I can contact FS. Anyway it seems you're planning on manually update, thats fine but will probably take alot of work I hope you're up for it. If anyone can make a system so that each player can report a win and it automatically gets updated it would probably be great but idk if anyone are up for it.

I don't know if it's a system like this you're going for, and if not just ignore it. Just the kind of ladder system I like :)

Oh btw as for contact info PM me here on the site and for chat Ill be on lobby, don't have skype and hardly ever use MSN.
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

Captain Nemo wrote:Okay well, Ill suggest the system we used for our ladder back then cause it worked. Yours can work too Im sure, but here is just my suggestion. Everybody starts with 1000 points. u win a game u gain 10 points and if u lose u lsoe 10 points. if u play a player with 10 points more than u, u can win 11 points, and lose 9. If it's 100 more than u, u can get 19 points and only lose 1. see the pattern? anything more than that it will remain 19/1 btw. List will obviusly be in order of who has most points.
Some sort of tiered system like this is definitely needed for a ladder. Otherwise, you're just encouraging the best players to farm points off of lower ranked players, instead of playing each other.

Plus, a tiered point system has other advantages too. It makes it easy for good, new players to break into the ladder, since they get more points by beating better players, it encourages bad players to occasionally play people they'll probably lose against, and so on.

StatsZero
Intermediate Member

Post by StatsZero »

HOLY :@: NEMO! That's an brilliant idea! it would be totally awesome if you got me the sheet + script, if not; One of them both would be great aswell! :thumbsupl:
Yes, I think i am going to use this :-)

GREAT! :D

StatsZero
Intermediate Member

Post by StatsZero »

What about this guys?? :D

Beneath i will try to explain how this will work:

Every player starts with 1000 points.

Every game the winner receives +10 points.

Every game the loser will lose -10 points.

If the opponent has 10 points more than you, before the game starts; U will risk to lose 11 points, or win 11 points.

This can get up to 20 points! So be carefull! or gain alot of points!

+ or - 10 pts. STANDARD AT SAME AMOUNT OF PTS.

+ or - 11 pts. IF OPPONENT HAS 10 PTS. MORE

+ or - 12 pts. IF OPPONENT HAS 11 PTS. MORE

+ or - 13 pts. IF OPPONENT HAS 12 PTS. MORE

+ or - 14 pts. IF OPPONENT HAS 13 PTS. MORE

+ or - 15 pts. IF OPPONENT HAS 14 PTS. MORE

+ or - 16 pts. IF OPPONENT HAS 15 PTS. MORE

+ or - 17 pts. IF OPPONENT HAS 16 PTS. MORE

+ or - 18 pts. IF OPPONENT HAS 17 PTS. MORE

+ or - 19 pts. IF OPPONENT HAS 18 PTS. MORE

+ or - 20 pts. IF OPPONENT HAS 19 PTS. MORE

:mrgreen: :thumbsupl:

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

It's usually done something more like this:
There are a set number of points 'up for grabs' each game. I'll use 20 as a quick example. I'll also just arbitrarily make up some point differences for the scaling.

If the two players are evenly rated, winner will gain 10 points, loser will lose 10 points.

If there's a 20 point difference between the players, the higher rated player would gain 9 points if the win, or lose 11 points if they lose, and the other player would lose/gain whatever that player won/lost.

If there's a 40 point difference between the players, the higher rated player would gain 8 points if the win, or lose 12 points if they lose, and the other player would lose/gain whatever that player won/lost

Or quickly in table form, with 20 points up for grabs each game and a scale of 20 points for change in losses...

Point Difference / Point gain by higher rated player if they win / Point loss by higher rated player if they lose
0 / 10 / 10
20 / 9 / 11
40 / 8 / 12
60 / 7 / 13
80 / 6 / 14
100 / 5 / 15
120 / 4 / 16
140 / 3 / 17
160 / 2 / 18
180 / 1 / 19
And then it'd stay the same forever.

Return to “Tournaments”