Empire Earth Religion

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
Trichome Indica
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: ΤŖĪÇĦŐΜĔҗ Į ŊĎįċą җ

Empire Earth Religion

Post by Trichome Indica »

I personally do not like the option of making religion, I mean it's fun and all ; making volcanoes and causing earthquakes but in reality ?
In reality prophets dont cause major natural disasters or spread infectuous diseases amongst the masses. I just find it takes away any "reality" that this game may, or may not have to offer.
Not to mention Malaria and the Plague suck ! :oops:
This would be the main case in my argument against using the Religion features Empire Earth has to offer.
What is you opinion of using Religion in EE ?
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Re: Empire Earth Religion

Post by Ghost »

If you're smart enough to remember to use it in the game, then by all means should your opponent suffer the consequences.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

inola
Nemesis

Post by inola »

I love Religion like large islands medium map killing some mass amount of boats with one or two hurricanes or indy plague your own sword cave and run them into your enemys base ^^ to hilarious.
Religion owns.

Sexacutioner
Nemesis

Post by Sexacutioner »

reli is a key factor in most games if your playing correctly anyhow :P

nothing like bustin a pro out at the start of a game using metalurgy or tributes then quaking your wings base

then save it in your base, surround it with buildings so it cant be touched and malaria ( -.- do not plague or your going to skrew yourself )

out in the open plague is a great one to use, no fear of losing your own cits because their army destroyed your temples

your being attacked and just dont have the army to defend quite yet ? volcano is a great way to deny access to an area while killing mass army if their dumb enough to stay in the blast zone

if im playing islands i usually have 4-6 prophits for the boat whores :D

tanny
RokisDead

Post by tanny »

oh shit i forgot about prophets and volcanoes and that stuff
damn!
wtf is save ee?

peow130
Noob @ Everything

Post by peow130 »

Plague dogs.
Nuff said.
SlipKnoT wrote:swords are 30 u idiot.

Sexacutioner
Nemesis

Post by Sexacutioner »

peow130 wrote:Plague dogs.
Nuff said.

NO U R ?

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Dogs die too easy.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

Trichome Indica
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: ΤŖĪÇĦŐΜĔҗ Į ŊĎįċą җ

Post by Trichome Indica »

Well those are some pretty interesting opinions on the use of Religion. I definitely have some different perspective now on tactic, and functionality of those dam Prophets "The End Is Coming". Perhaps I will start using them in games from now on, instead of No R/S/B , might go NO S/B :mrgreen:
Thanks for sharing your opinions on the topic..........
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

simple_faith
Nemesis
Lobby Username: simple_faith

Post by simple_faith »

the other playerz can just build mass templez. your religion is no match for that sirz

PeLlE
Nemesis
Xfire: thepelie
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Pelie

Post by PeLlE »

In my oppinion religion is onl< usefull for 1 attack: cause after the first religion attack your enemy will build temples and you cannot hit him any more :)
dreamwalker: i already clearly stated for all the english people that i dont play here
eeralf: ======???????????
eeralf: dont undersstand say it in street language
dreamwalker: fam mans already said im not gwarning wid yo shit on dis ting

Sexacutioner
Nemesis

Post by Sexacutioner »

they dont follow their armies around with temples lol

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

Religion can be great.

Using it properly takes a bit of skill, and knowing when to use it is very important. It's a powerful tool, but unless the right conditions are met it will not help you, or even hurt you (they're actually the same thing, just one is more obvious than the other).

A good use of Malaria can win a battle with ease. A poor use of Malaria will make you die, or essentially waste your prophet/his energy.

A good use of plague can absolutely decimate an opponent's army or economy, or both. A poor use can kill your economy, army, and even your team.

A good use of a Volcano can force an opponent to retreat, or prevent them from advancing on you in a certain way. It can be used to keep an opponent inside of their base, or even to trap a unit such as a Hero while you attack. (Most importantly, it lets you win pre-pre islands games). A bad use, however, can have the opposite effects on you. (I suppose I should have mentioned that volcanoes can kill things, but if that ever happens you or your opponent have to make your army stand there and die...)

A good use of an Earthquake can take out a few key buildings your opponent has. There really isn't much chance an earthquake can backfire on you, unless you're an idiot.

A good use of Firestorm can destroy an opponent's base (or ships...). Again, it can't really backfire on you unless you're an idiot.

Of course, all of these things in addition to having a risk involved (even if it's just loosing your prophet), cost time and resources. And for maximum effect, you have to plan how you're going to use your prophets. And of course, the biggest problem with prophets outside of pre games at the top levels of play is that they simply aren't robust...

Sexacutioner
Nemesis

Post by Sexacutioner »

if your not playing p2s then every other set is always on tourney variant so the resourses arent realy that much of a deal to lose

malaria will kill off animals, so if they are in your base trying to kill cits mining animals, dont use it or you lose all that meat, when an animal dies from anything other than a cit, you get 1/5 the meat you normaly would, somewhere around there anyhow

also if they have a large enough army, they get plagued, run directly to your temlpe and destroy it then hit explore with scout behavior on, it WILL wipe out your entire population, army, cits and any animals you may have left, using plague in your base is possibly the stupidest thing to ever do, only exception to this rule, if you have Zeus your fine

if your not used to playing with reli then it will most likely skrew you over the first few times you use it till you get used to what it does, and the duration of the effects

CARLOS
Intermediate Member

Post by CARLOS »

". Perhaps I will start using them in games from now on, instead of No R/S/B , might go NO S/B
umm id just like to point out that w/o trebs pts win pretty easy.

Return to “EE General Discussion”