• Hit Points
  • Range
Economy
  • Hunting and Foraging
  • Iron Mining
Buildings, Walls, and Towers
  • Building Time Decrease
  • Cost Reduction
For upgrades, you want to upgrade (not necessarily in this particular order): Range twice, attack twice, and hit points once. (Note: some players claim upgrading hit points twice is better in grenwar, however this is simply not true for a variety of reasons, it is in fact inferior in real games that you play properly in. Then again, it is only very slightly worse, so small that it should essentially never actually win or loose a game for you. Of course, knowing this there's absolutely no reason to gimp yourself, is there?)

It should be noted that this can be a decent Indy SH wing civilization for infantry if you simply remove the Hit Points on grens and instead put Attack.

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Re: Standard Grenwar Civ

Post by Arntzen »

Your saying attack is better then hit points in grenwar, why do you not have attack in civ then?
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

ben55

Post by ben55 »

in civ maker, you get 25% more hp compared to 20% more attack, while in game(upgrading) the scaling isn't as favorable to hp
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible"!"

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

Kazter wrote:Your saying attack is better then hit points in grenwar, why do you not have attack in civ then?
Good question.

As Zeke has already pointed out, the scaling for the civilization bonus is a 25% increase for hit points and a 20% increase for attack, whereas the scaling in terms of individual "strength" between hit points and attack for in-game upgrades is practically identical(*).

Why then, if they're practically identical in terms of scaling, is attack better (FOR UNIT BONUSES ONLY, which is what I was actually stating in my post)? It's fairly simple to see why:

Hit points are only useful for making your units not die. Attack is useful for making other units die. Since they're basically equally strong in terms of relative strength in gren vs. grens, attack is the clear winner. The reason for this is because Grens can attack a large variety of things they wish to kill faster at various points in the game, including buildings, walls, gates, heroes, citizens, and hospitals, whereas with hit points the only time they're helping your guys out is when you're fighting other grens, and when you're doing that attack is just as good.

I could also discuss situations with large armies, accounting for the amounts of "overkill" that the units that die actually receive, which when you look at it *very* closely also shows that attack is slightly superior in grenwar, but it's fairly complicated to explain how you get there and I don't think 95% of players would understand it or care enough to bother understanding it.

Note (*): Not actually identical, but close enough to it in a real game. It can be shown attack wins here too.

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

I see, thx! :D
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Return to “Standard - High (SH)”