A ranking suggestion in progress.

Important information about the tournament, including rules, and any announcements.
StatsZero
Intermediate Member
Xfire: EXTINQUISHER
Lobby Username: Zero. Dont forget all the fancy marks. lol

Re: A ranking suggestion in progress.

Post by StatsZero »

I am now. but you're not :P
Don't forget im doing the best i can and i do have to take care of stuff in the real life aswell :)

Contact me tommorow to bit off the first game Kaz!

Greatings!

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

Excuse my "should have happend yesterday"-attitude. I'm just REALLY ready for this :)
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

StatsZero
Intermediate Member

Post by StatsZero »

Totally understable and quite cool!
Let's play em now, you and Nemo first :) to test this formula! I see uve been looking for me but you iz afk :wink:

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Post by Captain Nemo »

Heres a doc with my explanation of the point system. I hope this makes sense to everyone...

Please make my little table look a little better when u put it up, this was done fast. Correct w/e grammar/spelling mistakes I might have made.
Attachments
Point system.doc
(32 KiB) Downloaded 339 times
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

sporaTiK
Intermediate Member

Post by sporaTiK »

Hey guys,

I've been afk from forum so i missed this discussion! I had heard ghost was working on ladder but i now see it is zero!? Nice effort man! Anyway, a lot of good ideas have been raised. I think the best action to take would be to put into effect nemos system and start playing. This is the hardest step after all... getting the system working and players playing/using the system. As we see players rising and falling in ranks we can then divulge these ideas and make corrections. Just my opinion.

One more idea: It seems you are going to have a ladder for each 'main' setting. At a later time, we should come up with a formula to take into account players rankings in every sett they play and give them an overall rank. That way we can see who are the best all-around players. I know many think the Liga ranking would pretty much be this overall rank but i disagree. Anyway, just keep in mind for later.

Also, i can be a moderator/updater/santas helper if its gunna be needed
SporA

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

I think I came up with a better table than what you have, Nemo! :P
Ladder Point System Explanation.pdf
(157.79 KiB) Downloaded 577 times
---

Spora, I don't think that there's a reliable and fair way to give players an 'overall' rank like you're suggesting. Simply being able to see how a player is ranked on all of the different ladders they're playing on can give a human a decent idea of how good overall they are, though. I mean, if someone is in the top 5 for every ladder, they're evidently an excellent all around player. If they're in the top 5 for 1 ladder, and are in the bottom 25% for all the other ladders, they're obviously not a very good overall player.

You can't tell if they only play 1 ladder of course, but in that case a formula would be useless too. Basically, a formula isn't really going to do much at all that you can't do by just looking at their various rankings.

StatsZero
Intermediate Member

Post by StatsZero »

@ SpoRa

Good to hear you are back! :o
the current system is in effect, i have to say; SOMEONE did a pretty good job on the excel automatic calculation.. makes my work A TON easier to do and process all the digits!
SpoRa, I got my Lobby working today since i had to do download EEForeverV2 since i run 64-bit Windows 7. [Thanks to Simple_Faith i beleaf ].

@ Megs

I will look intoo that file in a couple of hours when my night shift is over =]
Also, i want to ask you to fill in and process one of my brainpuke, Ok here it comes: Since i do have a found a little programmer, im trying him to make some drop bin on my site for VICTORIOUS SCREENSHOTS so i can process them intoo the ranking..
BUT; it's totally not done and in pre pre pre pre beta beta. lol.
So Maybe you'd like to make a EE-RANKING *BETA* forum where people would post their victor screenshots and delete all the inrelevant spam except those screenies. [ To keep a clear head ].

ALSO i ran intoo a problem with this 'Screenshot' system Nemo introduced: How do i know the loser, so probably not the screenie dropper, wants to be in the ranking?

Zero! :thumbsupl:

StatsZero
Intermediate Member

Post by StatsZero »

CLAP CLAP CLAP, OMEGA! :thumbsupl:

That is probabaly the best one to have. MANY thanks. Totally going to put you on credits! Must have been a ton of work? :oops:
Now excuse me when i say i probably won't get it THAT beautifull on the site but i'll try and put the pdf on their for everyone to download! :mrgreen:

Zero! :thumbsupl:

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator

Post by Captain Nemo »

megs I know u enjoy taking a big dump on my otherwise beautiful table :D (it really looks good man, yours that is)

Zero, a statistic winner screen should be clear enough to see who won and lost, and it should also be in topic title.
i have to say; SOMEONE did a pretty good job on the excel automatic calculation.. makes my work A TON easier to do and process all the digits!
You're welcome :)

If you have a programmer I do have a suggestion if this thing become very popular. It's gonna be alot of work updating the ladder all the time with the screenshots and at some point you'll not get it done daily and people will complain.
Thats where an automatic "report your game" site comes into play. You create a login page where people log in and can report their match. This will appear on the loser's personal page and he must confirm the loss and then the ladder is automatically updated. Used this with great succes on our previous ladder, where over 3000 played games would have been too much for us to manually update.

StatsZero
Intermediate Member

Post by StatsZero »

YAY! I proccesed some games intoo the ranking AND i adjusted the rules nicely!! :D

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator

Post by Captain Nemo »

you may need to update kaz's and lightness's clan names ;)

sporaTiK
Intermediate Member

Post by sporaTiK »

Yeah I see what you are saying Omega. I know there is no formula to clearly tell who is best overall player. Yes, you could just look and see who's in the top of most ladders. But I believe we could come up with some algorithm that could at least give a fair result. Could take a players best 5 setts (based on ranking in ladders) and figure out something. Could be as simple as adding each of the 5 rankings and lowest total is best all-arounder. Or you could make it more involved and take into account the number of players who play each sett and put a weighting on that sett. If nothing else it will be a fun list to see who is in it.

Anyway its just an idea for much later. lets not waste time on it and focus on getting this ladder working! xDD

spora

sporaTiK
Intermediate Member

Post by sporaTiK »

Also, voe sickness said there are some good php scrips with ladders system out there already ranging from $25-$200 which would make the game reporting automatic. I know no one wants to drop money on this but just putting it out there...

Here is a website with pre-made ladder systems: http://eliteladders.com/

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

Excuse me sir Zero.

But according to kazters total points right now which is 1050 is incorrect.

If he battled with 1040 vs shicko at 990. He would get 8 points.
Even if he battled at 1040 vs 1000, he'd get 8 points.

1000 vs 1000 ( kaz vs me ) = 10 for kaz -10 for me.

1010 vs 1000 (kaz vs espay i think.) = 10 for kaz -10 for espay.
1020 vs 1000 (kaz vs evo i think.) = 9 for kax -9 for evo.
1029 vs 1000 (kaz vs shicko game1.) = 9 for kaz, -9 for shicko.
1038 vs 991 (kaz vs shicko game2.) = 8 for kaz, -8 for schiko.

So kazter will have 1044 and not 1050 points.
Evo has 991 points, not 990.
shicko has 983, not 980.

I'm too lazy to redo the math of the mid sh part, but I'm pretty sure those are wrong too.
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

Houston we have a problem!
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Return to “Tournaments”