Music Downloanding

Discuss anything here related to the large world of computers and electronics, whether you're asking for help, wanting to learn more, or just want to share some intellect with your fellow forumers.
PeLlE
Nemesis
Xfire: thepelie
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Pelie

Re: Music Downloanding

Post by PeLlE »

torrents are shit. Alot of virus, often slow download speed and highly illegal ;)
dreamwalker: i already clearly stated for all the english people that i dont play here
eeralf: ======???????????
eeralf: dont undersstand say it in street language
dreamwalker: fam mans already said im not gwarning wid yo shit on dis ting

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

PeLlE wrote:torrents are shit. Alot of virus, often slow download speed and highly illegal ;)
Totally agree ;)

10010 1111 10
Nemesis

Post by 10010 1111 10 »

Silence wrote:i heard from my brothers friend that her mother found something that sounds like lemonwire or something or was it limewire he says you can download free songs from there althought i dont use it
Limewire, its a peer-to-peer networking app. Essentially the same thing as torrenting, and just as crappy.

Silence
Xfire: donthavethiseither

Post by Silence »

10010 1111 10 wrote:
Silence wrote:i heard from my brothers friend that her mother found something that sounds like lemonwire or something or was it limewire he says you can download free songs from there althought i dont use it
Limewire, its a peer-to-peer networking app. Essentially the same thing as torrenting, and just as crappy.
to omega and binair i know its limewire... you cant openly admit you use it or you can be sewd for pirating...
i dont use it though

10010 1111 10
Nemesis

Post by 10010 1111 10 »

Actually it is only against US law to allow others to download from you, it is not illegal to download from others. So as long as you keep your shared folder empty you are not liable.

PeLlE
Nemesis

Post by PeLlE »

Well in agermany and I think alot of other countrys you basicly can be punished from downlaoding. And here it's proven that people using limewire/torrents are often cought and punished while noone cares about people downloading stuff from rapidshare etc because there they only care about uploading. I for myself wouldn't touch any torrent/limewire because the risk is, atleast in germany, pretty high..
dreamwalker: i already clearly stated for all the english people that i dont play here

Silence
Xfire: donthavethiseither

Post by Silence »

10010 1111 10 wrote:Actually it is only against US law to allow others to download from you, it is not illegal to download from others. So as long as you keep your shared folder empty you are not liable.
I Dont live in US, and its against the law here, to download from anything illegal

PeLlE
Nemesis

Post by PeLlE »

The thing is they mainly don't even try to catch downloaders because there are far too many, but if you're doing illegal uploads you you're risking a bit more. The thing with torents is that you mostly download AND upload (even if alot of people got no idea that they're uploading, too) so the authorities atleats in germany are trieing to catch torrent users for uploading sicne the punishments for that are way higher than for downloading..

taco
Civ Nazi
Lobby Username: taco

Post by taco »

i remember last year, a 6 yr old kid was fined like $6000 and had to go to court for downloading a nursery rhyme. talk about making an example out of her

peow130
Noob @ Everything

Post by peow130 »

i've never had any slow speeds with torrents, or ever gotten viruses.
Only Grade A retards get viruses through torrents..
SlipKnoT wrote:swords are 30 u idiot.

X warrior411
Nemesis
Lobby Username: X Warrior411

Post by X warrior411 »

I'll see you in prison in two years,peow. 8)

peow130
Noob @ Everything

Post by peow130 »

I bet my photoshoop skills will still be better!
SlipKnoT wrote:swords are 30 u idiot.

Return to “Technical Discussion”