Psuedo 4v4

Only for talk specifically about the Art of Conquest expansion.
AEnima
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: AEnema

Psuedo 4v4

Post by AEnima »

Ok so, instead of needing 8 good players to make a balanced game...4 good players / 4 whatever players. Just put the good wing with a good pocket, vs a good wing vs a good pocket, and let them go at it. 4 people could relive what an old 4v4 feels like. Discuss.

[-Ts-] Tricky
Administrator

Re: Psuedo 4v4

Post by [-Ts-] Tricky »

lol thats what normaly happens no ? :P
-NeW-: ey idiot
-NeW-: triki
-NeW-: no
-NeW-: stupid
-NeW-: u are syndrom down
-NeW-: and retardet
simple_faith Assassin was pretty great
Kazter:Assassin was shit.

Oldspice
Lobby Username: Oldspice Guy

Post by Oldspice »

calv u make a lot of retarded posts. just sayin

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

Oldspice wrote:calv u make a lot of retarded posts. just sayin
Jossos, for once I agree with you. (actually for the second time, first time was on a manninator topic.)
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

AEnima
Intermediate Member

Post by AEnima »

[-Ts-] Tricky wrote:lol thats what normaly happens no ? :P
The point is people think you need 8 people to have a "good ole game" when in theory you could make due with 4.

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

2v2?
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

AEnima
Intermediate Member

Post by AEnima »

Well no, because 2v2 is played like 2 seperate 1v1s. 4v4 with a 2v2 inside it would be like an old 4v4.(for example in mid sword wing, ca pocket, all the variations)

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

When you have a good teams of two, 2v2's play similar to a wing/pocket vs wing/pocket 4v4. Usually that's when the teammates have a good connection though, otherwise sometimes it will end up as two 1v1's as you said. I suppose what you're talking about would change the mindset of the game (as opposed to a 2v2) and make it more enjoyable for people who don't form teams of two often.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

Eisregen
Lobby Username: Lycantropia

Post by Eisregen »

works good, i will set up my my mid 4v4 hosts like this.
It dont helps us kick beginner, and rush them down f11 3 made them leave too fast
guess they can enjoy the game much more vs same skilled players.
xdfsddsvfdsvvadf

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

I feel like this is what we've always done. Only stacked 4v4 games I've played in 2012 have been games with epic and joey since they almost always team up together and then u have calv and tool instantly team up with them in lets say a mod tl..
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

AEnima
Intermediate Member

Post by AEnima »

Kazter wrote:I feel like this is what we've always done. Only stacked 4v4 games I've played in 2012 have been games with epic and joey since they almost always team up together and then u have calv and tool instantly team up with them in lets say a mod tl..
If those are really the only stacked games with the dwindling community we're left with then you've gotten insanely lucky.

But anyway what do you guys think about this idea; 4v4 unlocked teams, the 4v4 winners play each other 2v2, the 2v2 winners play each other 1v1, that would be coooool.

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

AEnima wrote:
Kazter wrote:I feel like this is what we've always done. Only stacked 4v4 games I've played in 2012 have been games with epic and joey since they almost always team up together and then u have calv and tool instantly team up with them in lets say a mod tl..
If those are really the only stacked games with the dwindling community we're left with then you've gotten insanely lucky.

But anyway what do you guys think about this idea; 4v4 unlocked teams, the 4v4 winners play each other 2v2, the 2v2 winners play each other 1v1, that would be coooool.
That would be interesting.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

the unlocked team parts would work if you got 8 respectfull players in the game who don't tend to unteam when ever they want to ruin the game. (which will most likely happen 90% of the games.)
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

AEnima
Intermediate Member

Post by AEnima »

Omega wrote:
AEnima wrote:

That would be interesting.
Or like, economy wars type thing maybe? No army, game ends when someone hits pop first. Just mass pop/eco with a civ you choose, and you would earn points for most gold/stone/food/iron/wood. Also for first to pop, top economy over all, something to that extent? There could also be a way to "compete" over the middle mines since you can't actually fight people. And if that's not desired you could do it on planets.

Orrrr "Wonder Defense". Could be played on DM or SH with possibly an NR of 15 or so, one team builds a wonder that needs to be defended, one team attacks it sort of thing?

Bascially we should just accept we're probably not going to get a lot of normal 4v4s at this moment and we should improvise with COOL stuff like DIS SHIT.

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

I agree that new-ish game types are pretty fun. Wonder defense is a classic, though!

I've always thought that the following game type would be pretty fun (managed to convince a few people to play it a few times):

If the game starts with even teams, then it's just N vs N. The moment someone dies (we defined "death" as losing your entire base), they resign, everyone waits a period of 1 f11, and then everyone unteams and it's a FFA. When someone dies again (loses their main base and resigns), teams become (N-1) vs (N-1). To select the teams, you basically just go by the order of people remaining in the game and then do odds vs evens. That usually mixes up the teams fairly well. When someone dies agian, it's FFA... Then teams... then FFA... Repeat until it's 1v1 and someone wins :)

If the letters are the players, and the number is just their order from top down on the diplomacy screen...

A 1
B 2
C 3
D 4
E 5
F 6
G 7
H 8

Initial teams would ve 1,3,5,7 vs 2,4,6,8 (i.e. ACEG vs BDFH).
If player "E" bites the dust in the 4v4 round, and player "B" bites the dust in the FFA round...

A 1
C 2
D 3
F 4
G 5
H 6

So, it'd be 1, 3, 5 vs. 2, 4, 6 (i.e. ADG vs CFH)... Repeat on and on.

Return to “EE: AoC Discussion”