Hotkeys = Cheat ?

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
Lancelot5
Lobby Username: Lancelot5

Hotkeys = Cheat ?

Post by Lancelot5 »

Hey,

I had an discussion about Hotkeys on the Lobby. Zelfbob said that several players and also top Players have their own hotkeys which allowes them to Select several buildings and units at once.

I was a bit shocked because its a kind of cheat to use such methods. Make gaming esier because
saves a lot of time.

So are own Hotkeys here allowed or not ?

tool
Lobby Username: (Zabijej) Tool

Re: Hotkeys = Cheat ?

Post by tool »

we've informed the admins and are in the process of forming a hot key task force to eliminate this potential threat
mhm?!?

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

Their not allowed in games like sc2 and such, but honestly idc about it since here in EE a "bot" like that wont help much. I mean the only thing I'd imagine be good is a bot pressing "," 1billion times so u can easily get all army instantly.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

herik
Momma's boy
Lobby Username: herik

Post by herik »

You should probably ask lightness all about it, his been showing off his macro mouse for a long time.

ben55

Post by ben55 »

tool wrote:we've informed the admins and are in the process of forming a hot key task force to eliminate this potential threat
nice, i hope you catch the criminal scum committing such heinous crimes.
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible"!"

eeralf_
Nemesis
Lobby Username: eeralf

Post by eeralf_ »

Lancelot5 wrote:Hey,

I had an discussion about Hotkeys on the Lobby. Zelfbob said that several players and also top Players have their own hotkeys which allowes them to Select several buildings and units at once.

I was a bit shocked because its a kind of cheat to use such methods. Make gaming esier because
saves a lot of time.

So are own Hotkeys here allowed or not ?
damn, shit when this realy work, iam not sure, but when so maybe iam not so slow iam thinking , .;)

Lancelot5
Lobby Username: Lancelot5

Post by Lancelot5 »

Dunno why some persons always have to post their shit into threats. If u have nothing to say and not even care about topic why come and post. Do u need to blame others to feel urself ahead ?

Katzer =) wrote:Their not allowed in games like sc2 and such, but honestly idc about it since here in EE a "bot" like that wont help much. I mean the only thing I'd imagine be good is a bot pressing "," 1billion times so u can easily get all army instantly.
Yeah in other Games u would get banned for using such Hotkeys thatswhy i was wondering that players using it here that normal. I didnt know that thatswhy i was asking.
I think partly it can help a lot for example:

pressing ,
select all workless citz
seperate workless citz from workless fisherboats
select several building
select all fighters/bombers etc
select 6 citz (no mistakes cause of fast or slow clicking)
etc...

Probably u can be faster if u micro all that on ur own. But for slow players like me its good.

CusTomm_
Lobby Username: Adventure_

Post by CusTomm_ »

I really had to laugh when I saw this Topic. I am also palying with that feature. I think many people could missunderstand this, we are not using a special programm or w/e just a gaming keyboard which allows to save specific key sequences on them. For example the G15/ 19 or Cyborg Saitek...

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Post by Captain Nemo »

Personally I don't think it should be allowed
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

BigRon
Lobby Username: BigRon

Post by BigRon »

so thats why shodan could place 12 tcs at once

herik
Momma's boy
Lobby Username: herik

Post by herik »

Well this topic really brings the question of: is it the keyboard/ mouse that has the skill or the player.
To be quite frank, this game has enough leavers as it is, if this does get banned it will bring a larger division of the community.

CusTomm_

Post by CusTomm_ »

It wouldnt make sense to ban anyway, since the keyboard isnt faster. Its not like ONE click and u have 6 cits send to mine...
It exactly represents your quickness, since it just reflects your sequence of hotkeys. You cant just tell the keyboard to press 6 times tab :tongue: You have to press shift and 6 times tab and then SAVE your sequence on hotkey, so it is saved with exactly the speed u just did it. It just helps you to not mess up at beginning, I agree, thats an advantage.

eeralf_
Nemesis
Lobby Username: eeralf

Post by eeralf_ »

Adventure_ wrote:It wouldnt make sense to ban anyway, since the keyboard isnt faster. Its not like ONE click and u have 6 cits send to mine...
It exactly represents your quickness, since it just reflects your sequence of hotkeys. You cant just tell the keyboard to press 6 times tab :tongue: You have to press shift and 6 times tab and then SAVE your sequence on hotkey, so it is saved with exactly the speed u just did it. It just helps you to not mess up at beginning, I agree, thats an advantage.
na some software works in other ways, u can even set the delaytime (in ms) on each Key, i have also programing such macrorecorder with this feature, Prooost!!

CusTomm_

Post by CusTomm_ »

Well but thats not the issue with the keyboards than. Thats more like specific software

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

Honestly, any good gaming keyboard automatically removes any delays between your key presses, or gives you the option to insert a 100ms delay (at a minimum, if it doesn't allow you to specific a specific length of delay).

Any kind of macro recorder that allows you to define your own macros, and hotkeys to execute those macros, also allows you to set or remove delays. It's really easy, and you don't even need any programming knowledge, you just need to not be retarded. Autohotkey is a prime example. Hell, autohotkey is sometimes even better than legitimately writing something in a programming language, because it's just so stupid simple and succinct for a bunch of different operations.

Regardless, anyone can use their own macros. It's simple, and you don't even need to purchase a gaming keyboard or mouse...

With that said, the advantage from a gaming keyboard or mouse, without even considering macros, is probably bigger than someone using macros anyway. This is especially the case for better mice.

Oh, and the time saved with a macro is almost non-existent in a game. How long do you think it takes between presses of the tab key? Not much at all. And you're pretty much only using a macro in say, an SH game to select 6 cits, twice... So multiply that time saved by 12. And that's about it. If it amounts to more than a 2 second advantage, then you're just really slow.

Return to “EE General Discussion”