Is there a way to go fullscreen

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
Danger
Basic Member

Is there a way to go fullscreen

Post by Danger »

On my laptop Empire Earth's resolution no matter what i set it at cuts off like 2-3 inches on each side and is just a black rectangle. Does anyone know how i can stretch it to fullscreen the resolution options on ee don't do shit

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Re: Is there a way to go fullscreen

Post by Omega »

Presumably, your laptop's screen has a 16:10 or 16:9 pixel aspect ratio. Make sure that the resolution you're setting Empire Earth to has the same pixel aspect ratio that's native to your screen, and definitely make sure it's not a 4:3 pixel aspect ratio. This sounds exactly like the problem you're having.

If you don't see any resolutions with pixel aspect ratios that match what is native for your screen, I'd suggest reinstalling Empire Earth, and making sure whatever drivers you have for your screen are up to date before trying to reinstall.

Other than that I'm not really sure what might be causing the problem. Do you have any programs that modify the working space available to windows installed, such as WinSplit (and the dozens of other programs which do something similar)? If so, try disabling them.

Danger
Basic Member

Re: Is there a way to go fullscreen

Post by Danger »

No idea ill try what you said but its a new lenovo that has good specs so i thought it was the game being so old that did it.

Return to “EE General Discussion”