Siegetowers in Transportships

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
Lancelot5
Lobby Username: Lancelot5

Siegetowers in Transportships

Post by Lancelot5 »

Hey,

For p2n games it would be really nice if Siegestowers can enter Transsportships too. What u guys think about this and is it possible to change it ?

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Re: Siegetowers in Transportships

Post by Arntzen »

I feel like this is only gonna help vs a retard wall where ur able to land and then use the ST to get over the wall. In this situation u can use reli or rams. Tho I wud not mind this being added. Also I hope you are thinking EMPTY ST's (so you have to place the army inside the ST's after u have landed also that transportships still have same unit-limit) if not then this wud be to powerfull.

This wud be cool, but is it worth to make a new patch because of this? Dont think so.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

I can already tell you that if this were done, one of two things would happen:
1) If a siege tower that had units was loaded into the transport, it would be allowed. Which is bad.
2) If a siege tower that had units was loaded into the transport, the game would crash for everyone. Which is bad.

Lancelot5
Lobby Username: Lancelot5

Post by Lancelot5 »

Hey,
I feel like this is only gonna help vs a retard wall where ur able to land and then use the ST to get over the wall. In this situation u can use reli or rams.
Yeah thats the normal playing but often coasts are completely covered with temples and the wall has lot of HP because of Ishtar. So u cant do any shit unless u put a lot of time into it but that makes it very uneffective.
1) If a siege tower that had units was loaded into the transport, it would be allowed. Which is bad.
2) If a siege tower that had units was loaded into the transport, the game would crash for everyone. Which is bad.
I dunno if its possible to have different population cost count on ships compared to general. Siegetowers can carry 8 units and cost 2 pop. So on a ship they should cost 10 slots/pop. So it wont make any difference if they filled with units or not. For heavy Siegetowers then 14 slots/pop.
To your 2nd argument i cant say anything, its just an idea to improve gameplay but I have no Idea if it is able to realize.
An other way, but i think strange one, is that a citz (or new a unit) is able to build siegetowers which are more expensive compared to the siegetowers of the siege factory.

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

You are right in that this would sometimes be the better choice. Also I really like that you're voiceing idea's to make this game better. Looking at Omega's reply I'm sure it just is not possible!
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Return to “EE General Discussion”