-

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
Manni
Lobby Username: Manni

-

Post by Manni »

-
Last edited by Manni on Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SlipKnoT
Nemesis

Re: CFT group

Post by SlipKnoT »

Your enthusiasm for ee is unquestionably great but i think thay u need to put more thought and organisation into your ideas before making them official. I suggest finding ppl willing to organise and help u before u make plans public. Also i suggest like my post in the other topic thatyou try to tap into the gameranger community.

Manni
Lobby Username: Manni

Post by Manni »

-
Last edited by Manni on Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Post by Captain Nemo »

manni I concider myself a smart guy but I didn't get any of that timetable thing mostly cause it wasn't exactly written in english. Anyway Im not going to help u with this thing since it simply wont be a succes no matter how well it's done imo. I may host some sort of event over the christmas, but that will be my own thing maybe with the help from some others.
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

PeLlE
Nemesis
Xfire: thepelie
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Pelie

Post by PeLlE »

Somehow reminds me of SamueLs idea..
(-> viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2846 )
Anyways to me it seems impossible to run tournaments/competitions with a fixed time forcing players to be on. It has failed quite a few times and will fail in the future as well. I personally will not participate cause I do not like the idea of beeing forced to play at least 2 games a week at a fixed time.

Anyways I wish you good luck and success ;)
dreamwalker: i already clearly stated for all the english people that i dont play here
eeralf: ======???????????
eeralf: dont undersstand say it in street language
dreamwalker: fam mans already said im not gwarning wid yo shit on dis ting

VoE_CusTomm^
Lobby Username: VoE_CusTomm^

Post by VoE_CusTomm^ »

Anyways to me it seems impossible to run tournaments/competitions with a fixed time forcing players to be on. It has failed quite a few times
For some reason pelie can steal my ideas before I have them :P

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

VoE_CusTomm^ wrote:
Anyways to me it seems impossible to run tournaments/competitions with a fixed time forcing players to be on. It has failed quite a few times
For some reason pelie can steal my ideas before I have them :P
Don't you know Pelie has secret powers so he can steal your mind by remote control?

Anytime you think of something, Pelie knows it.
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

SlipKnoT
Nemesis

Post by SlipKnoT »

Manni. Tournies just dont work on lobby. New or learning players have no interest cause they wana learn first. I will set u up on game ranger next time i see u on the lobby. Whats your time zone?

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

Tips...
1. Advertise by word of mouth effectively. Get the most influential players in a target group interested, and the rest will follow much easier.

2. Consider the timing of events. Everyone who plays does so casually, and nearly everyone is a kid with no concept of time or an adult who is fairly busy. If you hold fixed time events, keep them short, start them precisely on time, and make sure people are always doing stuff for the duration instead of sitting around waiting. Most importantly, schedule fixed time events at good times; consider the day, time, what people in different places might normally be doing then, et cetera. Alternatively, do non-fixed time events, just make sure you have a method of effectively communicating with everyone involved.

3. Explain rules and policies in the most clear, simple, specific, and concise manner as possible without loosing any meaning. If you can't do this get someone else to do it for you. Before opening anything up to the public, get several non-native speakers of varying abilities to read the rules and see if they can understand them. If they are having trouble, either they're too complicated or they're too vague (in terms of wording, obviously). Use diagrams if you ever run into something that's too clumsy to explain with language (i.e. don't try to explain how an elimination tournament works in words, because you're going to loose a lot of people and there's no need because a few seconds of looking at a basic diagram and anyone understands it).

4. Find committed, reliable people to assist you before you advertise anything publicly.

5. Get a good format. A good format is one that can support a low amount of players and a high amount of players without a lot of issue. It can survive people not showing up, dropping out, or for a variable time format people intermittently showing up and/or dropping out. Basically, do Swiss-style or modified Swiss-style. If you don't know how, google and/or previous tournaments in that formats here will be of great assistance.

6. Do one event at a time. Don't even advertise for the next one until the current one is over. If any event fails, figure out why before you design and advertise the next one.

_BuddHa_
Intermediate Member

Post by _BuddHa_ »

i miss the old ee-reborn ladders.. the only things that worked on ee.
It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell. -Buddha-

_HoTT_
Basic Member

Post by _HoTT_ »

I need to take a shit on all of you...

empire2
Basic Member

Post by empire2 »

Old grenwar tourneys also worked fine :)

Return to “EE General Discussion”