Playing in EE-Lobby

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
AvengerN01
Forum Noob

Playing in EE-Lobby

Post by AvengerN01 »

Okay, so I have a fresh EE installation and No patches no nothing- Just Installed!

I am a GameRanger user, but I want to try the Lobby Omega made because GameRanger users complicate evreything and if I ask them any questions they act like: "OMG U N00b!"

Now, the question is, is there anything I should do to start playing on the lobby? (Mods, patches, etc..)

Another minor question :? Why is there a "(HE)" next to the M1 Tanks' names, whle there is an "(AP)" next to the leopard?

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Re: Playing in EE-Lobby

Post by Omega »

If you still wish to play on GameRanger (without annoying hassle later on), before doing anything else do the following:

1) Locate your Empire Earth folder, probably located under C:\Sierra\
2) Create a copy of the entire thing in the Sierra folder
3) Rename copy something appropriate, like Empire Earth v1.0 or Empire Earth GameRanger or whatever else you so desire

To play on the lobby, simply download the lobby client and run it. A screen should pop up regarding patches, and "Auto-Update" should take care of you. If you don't want to go that route (or it somehow fails), you'll basically need to do the following, in this order:

1.0 to 1.4 patch
1.4 to 2.0 patch
Direct connect patch
My patch

If you have further questions, feel free to post, or just a mod or admin in lobby and they'll try to help out.

As for the HE vs AP tanks, I have no idea what HE stands for, but all HE tanks cost 100 food and 100 iron base cost, and are faster than AP tanks. AP stands for, I think, Armor Penetrating, which is just a way of saying that they're the tanks that pwn other thanks, they cost a bit more, and are slower. There are some other differences between the two types of tanks, but that should give you a pretty good idea of what type you want to be making in certain situation.

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

HE = High Explosive
Good for killing infantry and the sorts

AP = Armor Piercing
Good for killing shit with a lot of armor (a.k.a. other tanks)
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

SlipKnoT
Nemesis

Post by SlipKnoT »

find my name on the lobby if u want and i will use teamviewer to set your game up so u can use both GR and lobby

AvengerN01
Forum Noob

Post by AvengerN01 »

Thanks all for the help

BUt who has more EE players, GameRanger or Omega's Lobby?

Return to “EE General Discussion”