Epoch requirements?

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
AvengerN01
Forum Noob

Epoch requirements?

Post by AvengerN01 »

What are the requirements for each epoch?
Lots of epochs I waste a lot of resources just to build new buildings then they appear to be no he required ones

If anyone would tell me what each epoch requires, i would greatly appreaciate it

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Re: Epoch requirements?

Post by Ghost »

In order to unlock the research for the next epoch, you have to build two additional buildings. They can be buildings you already have, and the two can be the same. Some buildings like walls and towers do not meet the criteria. Any of the following will do:
  • Airport
  • Archery Range
  • Barracks
  • Capitol (via populating)
  • Coliseum
  • Cyber Factory
  • Cyber Laboratory
  • Dock
  • Fortress
  • Hospital
  • Ishtar Gates
  • Library of Alexandria
  • Naval Yard
  • Pharos Lighthouse
  • Settlement
  • Siege Factory
  • Stable
  • Tank Factory
  • Temple
  • Temple of Zeus
  • Tower of Babylon
  • Town Center (via populating or Expansionism power)
  • University
Actually researching the epoch just requires resources. Depending on the starting age and the game variant (tournament or standard), the amount of resources varies.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

stavalfi
Basic Member
Lobby Username: DmxPerT

Post by stavalfi »

bild setlement and put 5 sitiz in it. if its notwork do it agoin. must work.

90% of the time 1 sete do the work.

SlipKnoT
Nemesis

Post by SlipKnoT »

two buildings of anything along with the required resources will suffice. 1 building is not enough. you can make two settlements or any combination of buildings once there has been two built after you have reached the previous epoch

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

What Ghost said.

Just keep in mind you have to finish these buildings after you're in an epoch. (If you say, make 2 barracks while advancing from copper to bronze, they won't apply to the buildings you need to create to be able to go dark age, for example). You can start these buildings at any point in time, however (so, for example, you could start two barracks while advancing to say, imperial age, and time it so that a few seconds after you hit imperial they're finished, allowing you to advance to industrial immediately).

Also keep in mind that you don't want to be making buildings solely so you can advance. You want the buildings you make to actually make sense for you in the game, and help you out in some other way. Basically what I'm saying is don't make two stables so you can advance from industrial to world war 1, since that makes zero sense. Instead, if you'd be making a barrack and populating a mine anyway, just time your barrack so it finishes right after you hit industrial (or if you've been there for awhile, just build it whenever), and populate the mine. If you're smart about how you play it, the two-building requirement doesn't "hurt" you in any way because you're just doing stuff you would have done anyway--if you're not smart about it, however, you can end up wasting a ton of extra resources that could go to better use.

AvengerN01
Forum Noob

Post by AvengerN01 »

Thanks all
Really appreciated

Omar Bayern Munchen
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: omarbayernmunchen

Post by Omar Bayern Munchen »

6 techs