Back to No Patch Empire Earth

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
X warrior411
Nemesis
Lobby Username: X Warrior411

Re: Back to No Patch Empire Earth

Post by X warrior411 »

It fixed a form of crashing (limiting characters, therefore stopping the 'spam crash'.
It fixed a form of glitching res (got rid of the clear button, therefore making it harder/impossible to do that form of glitching)
It exposed trainer use (the removal of custom chat, therefore if someone's using a trainer, everyone would know)

Those issues have been here as long as EE has been here... Did Sierra back in their day do anything....no, so Omega tries to help the community by releasing patches which fixed some cheating, and changed some stats...

You can't handle a stat change?

There are two types of people at this point.
1. The people who hate change, will whine about the changes, however nothing will be done...:thumbsdown:
2. The people who adapt to the change, and come out better :thumbsupl:.

Just because you don't like having different stats for units, doesn't mean the whole community should listen to your senseless whining about how you can't handle stone throwers being useful now or some other unit now able to actually do something useful.

Also, like some people did (I did it as well), they would've made a copy of their EE file prior to copying, then patching one of them, leaving the other alone...

Point is, please, do what the soldier is telling you to do, and stfu.

DJay

Post by DJay »

X warrior411 wrote:It fixed a form of crashing (limiting characters, therefore stopping the 'spam crash'.
It fixed a form of glitching res (got rid of the clear button, therefore making it harder/impossible to do that form of glitching)
It exposed trainer use (the removal of custom chat, therefore if someone's using a trainer, everyone would know)

Those issues have been here as long as EE has been here... Did Sierra back in their day do anything....no, so Omega tries to help the community by releasing patches which fixed some cheating, and changed some stats...

You can't handle a stat change?

There are two types of people at this point.
1. The people who hate change, will whine about the changes, however nothing will be done...:thumbsdown:
2. The people who adapt to the change, and come out better :thumbsupl:.

Just because you don't like having different stats for units, doesn't mean the whole community should listen to your senseless whining about how you can't handle stone throwers being useful now or some other unit now able to actually do something useful.

Also, like some people did (I did it as well), they would've made a copy of their EE file prior to copying, then patching one of them, leaving the other alone...

Point is, please, do what the soldier is telling you to do, and stfu.
*Fixing one form of crashing doesnt stop the crashers so its worthless

*Res glitch is still easy for people

*Trainer? huh? Is a trainer really that much advantage???

*I also think omega wanted to help the community, but the people want to install game and it runs
simple as that. By installing i mean CD in "install" finish. Add patches that are on cd so you dont have to figure out what patch you need and run game.

Stop stalking me and Image

White Fang

Post by White Fang »

i like new things like i wanted moorish infantry SOO BAD O_O but ya i c where your getting at cause i also want the siege towers back to their normal health :) that way they can pwn cav again they still do but the 1st 2 u get dont getcha as far as they wouldve with 1k health 0_0 well 1k health with civ ups
"TŖĪÇĦŐΜĔҗ ҜąžŤєř җ: fang's the most sexy offer"

X warrior411
Nemesis

Post by X warrior411 »

*Fixing one form of crashing doesn't stop the crashers so its worthless.
The more things they fix, the better.
*Res glitch is still easy for people.
I bet you would know...
*Trainer? huh? Is a trainer really that much advantage???
You may not be aware, but a trainer is something that modify the game in a way which gives the player a huge advantage, the most common is giving the player the ability to use cheats in multi...

That's a huge advantage, also it boarders hacking.
*I also think omega wanted to help the community, but the people want to install game and it runs
simple as that. By installing i mean CD in "install" finish. Add patches that are on cd so you dont have to figure out what patch you need and run game.
It's not that hard to install the patches (patch tab in lobby hurr durr)
Plus the auto-installer installs the latest version (you can also uninstall it, I believe), and the downloads section has the latest downloads anyway.

If someone's having issues with patching, they'll ask, and someone will help.

Also, I'm not 'stalking' you, look at the pictures below...

Also, I know what you've done in the past (e.g. getting muted/banned, I can't remember, also we were in the same clan, Guardians) so I have a very low opinion of you, in my eyes, your a violator who wants to whine to everyone because he can't win vs a computer on easy,advertising in the lobby to gain votes, I think the votes are biased.

-edit- So you cheated... You made fake accounts so you could vote multiple times...
I have no respect for you now, I didn't even have any before, but that is just low.

p.s. Good catch on whoever caught it.
Attachments
djisawankster.png
djisawankster.png (11.62 KiB) Viewed 8568 times
djisafaggot.png
djisafaggot.png (3.75 KiB) Viewed 8568 times
Djcankissmyass.png
Djcankissmyass.png (6.04 KiB) Viewed 8568 times
Last edited by X warrior411 on Fri May 21, 2010 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

Fascinating! We just had a ton of votes dropped on "The patch is the worst thing for this game ever, get rid of it now!"

Right after this happens, someone whispers me...
[19:52:25] †_[V]_† - DJ™ whispers to you: 20 votes so far

Curious, especially since MUCH fewer users in total, in a MUCH larger survey done just awhile ago indicated similar (and when I say similar, I know for a fact several of the ones I'm including in this number actually liked the patch, but thought we should return to original because everyone had fun on it et cetera, basically).

This seemed a bit fishy, since you wouldn't expect to see a change of say, several hundred percent (without even scaling the sample size--if you do that, and you really should there's a percent change of almost 2000%). So, I decided to look at who recently registered for the board. Sure enough, there were six very recent registrations to this board, all with bullshit names like "8723".

So, I checked the last one, and strangely, the IP/etc. belonged to a user who had just whispered me! Prompting the question, and poor reply+immediate log out of:

[19:55:26] You whisper to †_[V]_† - DJ™: how many of them are yours?
[19:56:08] †_[V]_† - DJ™ whispers to you: what you mean?
[19:56:45] †_[V]_† - DJ™ whispers to you: i go sleeping send me pm when you need something

Curious, I wondered about the other 5 newly registered accounts... Can you guess who they belonged to? I bet you can.

It is absolutely pathetic when someone who, due to their own ability to mount a proper defense of their position or the fact that very few people actually agree with them, decide that they're going to be a faggot, i.e. lie and cheat in order to manipulate a fair vote to make themselves feel justified in their own beliefs. Good job! You managed to censor everyone else's opinions by diluting their votes for about thirty minutes!

ben55

Post by ben55 »

patch doesn't stop crashing, cheating or even trainers(1v1) stop saying it does this topic been beat to death you are about 4 or 5 months to late whoever the OP is
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible"!"

X warrior411
Nemesis

Post by X warrior411 »

There's really no point in posting in this topic anymore...
If you need to discuss something, I recommend you start another topic.

awaiting lock :D

10010 1111 10
Nemesis

Post by 10010 1111 10 »

OwnageDJ wrote:By installing i mean CD in "install" finish. Add patches that are on cd so you dont have to figure out what patch you need and run game.
A. What disc comes with the 1.4 and 2.0 patches? None that I've heard of.

B. Ghost added a lovely auto-patch feature so all you need to do is log the fuck in and press the fuckin button. You really consider that difficult to even the smallest degree?
If someone can't figure out how do that then I don't see how they could even be expected to figure out how to build cits once they do get in a game.
If it's simply to much effort for them to be bothered with running an auto-updater then I wouldn't expect them to be of any use in a game.
So not much of an appreciable loss in any event.

As to everything else... Everyone is entitled to their opinion, no matter how wrong it may be.

And LMFBO @ creating multiple accounts to pad votes. :roll:

X warrior411
Nemesis

Post by X warrior411 »

10010 1111 10 wrote:
OwnageDJ wrote:By installing i mean CD in "install" finish. Add patches that are on cd so you dont have to figure out what patch you need and run game.

B. Ghost added a lovely auto-patch feature so all you need to do is log the fuck in and press the fuckin button. You really consider that difficult to even the smallest degree?
If someone can't figure out how do that then I don't see how they could even be expected to figure out how to build cits once they do get in a game.
If it's simply to much effort for them to be bothered with running an auto-updater then I wouldn't expect them to be of any use in a game.
So not much of an appreciable loss in any event.

As to everything else... Everyone is entitled to their opinion, no matter how wrong it may be.

And LMFBO @ creating multiple accounts to pad votes. :roll:
^this

Why isn't this locked damint :evil:

simple_faith
Nemesis
Lobby Username: simple_faith

Post by simple_faith »

I hate Ghost
I hate his patch
I hate the patches
Ghost's patch always pops up even though I delete the patch update from EE lobby files.
I think the patch just stops the new players coming in from glitching, but not the old players (Aka Ghost, cheating asshole who can't accept he was defeated by me)

DJay

Post by DJay »

10010 1111 10 wrote:
Yes it does. Check my EE Download and you will see

DJay

Post by DJay »

How about an survey in Lobby?
Like you did some time ago to see how that would end?

PeLlE
Nemesis
Xfire: thepelie
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Pelie

Post by PeLlE »

The survey ended with most user voting FOR the Patch so there really is no need for a new poll. You had your chance here but decided to cheat..
dreamwalker: i already clearly stated for all the english people that i dont play here
eeralf: ======???????????
eeralf: dont undersstand say it in street language
dreamwalker: fam mans already said im not gwarning wid yo shit on dis ting

DJay

Post by DJay »

PeLlE wrote:The survey ended with most user voting FOR the Patch so there really is no need for a new poll. You had your chance here but decided to cheat..
Not it didn'e end for the patch.
only 2 people said that it was needed.
Others said it was good but not needed.
1 didn't care.
2 said that it should be removed imidiatly. (actually were 8 (6 accounts from me))
Hope your happy now

PeLlE
Nemesis
Xfire: thepelie
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Pelie

Post by PeLlE »

I was talking about the old poll in lobby. ANd an amount of 8 people isnt really speaking for the whole community lol
dreamwalker: i already clearly stated for all the english people that i dont play here
eeralf: ======???????????
eeralf: dont undersstand say it in street language
dreamwalker: fam mans already said im not gwarning wid yo shit on dis ting

Return to “EE General Discussion”