Training / Competition

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
uIwehFx
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: uIwehFx

Re: Training / Competition

Post by uIwehFx »

Just that the 'Lots of afford' you put in this training system before , is a while ago, isnt it ?
I just know , that ee is waiting for something new , for a big ladder , for a ranking system , for a training area, for what ever , but the only thing i hear is ''I wanted to maybe do something like that, but dont have time'', maybe get a Admin who has got the time ?

Trichome Indica
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: ΤŖĪÇĦŐΜĔҗ Į ŊĎįċą җ

Post by Trichome Indica »

Your desire to train, assist and generally be an active member of the community is honorable. I personally believe it is due to the "free time" you now currently enjoy. I believe you said you have 2 weeks free time before you start your new job which has given you the opportunity to go full out with EE. Playing , training, organizing etc. I would just like you to consider 1 thing. When it's time for you to go to work will your Enthusiasm and desire be the same? Or will the "working life" suck all of your life's energy away ? Consider that before undertaking a relatively large goal. :mrgreen: :thumbsupl:
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

uIwehFx
Intermediate Member

Post by uIwehFx »

First of all i have untill september still , which is far more than 2 weeks :D
And no , probably you are right , but seriously it dont help the community when mods and admins have no time for the community, i am speaking in general now, but most time i see you and Pelie, i never see Tricky online. That was just an example , but the community dont earn for people who have no time, and to have no time is fine , but why not search people who have time than ?

Trichome Indica
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: ΤŖĪÇĦŐΜĔҗ Į ŊĎįċą җ

Post by Trichome Indica »

I have a suggestion. Recruit for your clan offering the "training model" that you suggested. If you can attract new clan members through your knowledge and availablity to train, it may be the beginning of a menacing. powerfull clan. Implement your training guides, stratagies and experience to new recruits with the same goals in mind which you have discussed here, this might net some meaningfull results I think. And also in the end you could say "I told you so".

On a completely different note I just wanted to add; The save EE Admin is the reason we are here chatting, and playing empire Earth at all. I would never diminish the amount of time, effort and money that has been sacrificed in order for us all to be here. I am personally very gratefull at all the time in effort that has, and continues to flow into this community. So hats off and much thanks for that ! Any and all Interest, time and FUN that is had here is due to personal sacrifice by the people who decided that they still wanted to play Empire Earth. Enjoy it.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

uIwehFx
Intermediate Member

Post by uIwehFx »

Trichome Indica wrote:I have a suggestion. Recruit for your clan offering the "training model" that you suggested. If you can attract new clan members through your knowledge and availablity to train, it may be the beginning of a menacing. powerfull clan. Implement your training guides, stratagies and experience to new recruits with the same goals in mind which you have discussed here, this might net some meaningfull results I think. And also in the end you could say "I told you so".

On a completely different note I just wanted to add; The save EE Admin is the reason we are here chatting, and playing empire Earth at all. I would never diminish the amount of time, effort and money that has been sacrificed in order for us all to be here. I am personally very gratefull at all the time in effort that has, and continues to flow into this community. So hats off and much thanks for that ! Any and all Interest, time and FUN that is had here is due to personal sacrifice by the people who decided that they still wanted to play Empire Earth. Enjoy it.
What ever people lamtent about , people will just always come back to the point that the admins set up the lobby. I know that , and i appreciate that , but this is a complet different point

Sexacutioner
Nemesis

Post by Sexacutioner »

all the admins go to college full time so they have very little time to do massive projects especially now with finals here and only admins can really fuck with shit mods just deal with people in the lobby, but when admins arent doing book worm shit they like to play too
in the past month ive told 10+ people that i would train them in whatever they wanted to learn and only 1 said ok and that was for about 20 min and he would prefer to learn on his own and its been like that for quite a while now and thats probably why the strategy area was made and works better, just make training vids and packets and post them there, have noobs look through all that crap then if they still have questions they will ask and youll know they actually want someone to show them how to play

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

uIwehFx, you really need to think before you post, and/or think better.

You're criticizing people who've done a lot for this game, and put in far more time than you ever have (and are still putting in more time than you are), for not putting in enough time since they won't help you with an idea you've apparently put zero time into yourself (other than making a few posts about it).

Aside from that, I've gotten the following impression from your posts
  • You're not actually willing to put in significant amounts of effort for an idea you have that requires significant amounts of effort
  • You're expecting others will do it for you, give you the credit, and let you run things
  • You're upset because you're not getting what you expected (see above)
  • You're making absolutely moronic statements like how administrators don't have the time to do anything for the community and how I "hate" an idea that's extremely similar to an idea I had, which also had the exact same goal, that I actually DID put significant amounts of effort into seeing it work, and you're doing this because you're upset.
It would not be too hard to correct this impression. All you would need to do is actually follow through on your idea, should you wish to, and do it by yourself or find other members of the community who have the time to help. You might even find that once it's evident you've put a significant amount of work and thought into what you're doing, that you'll get active help from members of the Save-EE staff should you actually request such help. (i.e. show us your project is actually worthwhile, and worth our time, which is actually valuable to us even if its not valuable to you).

You seem to be like many members of the community who see a change they think is desirable, and expect someone else to do it for them, like all the people who repeatedly kick and belittle noobs, yet complain about noobs leaving the game and how "we" (meaning people other than themselves, obviously) need to do something to get noobs to stay, when their very own behavior, which they control, is what will actually make the difference.

ben55

Post by ben55 »

Making an elaborate training system for a game that cycles maybe 250 users through it's lobby is not worth the effort needed put into it. I think the admins do a great job though I don't agree with some things they do or some people they allow to moderate, but you can't say they have set this lobby up to fail or are neglecting it.

For just about any sett on this forum is posted a civilization or strategy, and at least the ones I have glanced at often say "please contact me in game/lobby if you have more questions". Did ever cross your mind that people don't want training or don't care for it the lack of people being trained is not the lack of chances or a system which you seem to be implying very ignorantly.

RTS games take a while to learn they aren't like a FPS game where once you know the angles and counter angles on the map you can succeed, or a MMO where you just gain levels, gear or whatever. I mean if I was in a noob's shoes I wouldn't dedicate my time to learning an RTS game that has a very shallow population pool and is growing very slowly. I would concentrate on what is fun to me, and what I like to do. Which probably explains why 3/4ths of this lobby is single sett players.

If you really want to help this game grow in-size I suggest getting fraps filming some gameplay and common tactics, settings, etc create a Youtube account post them. Advertise it everywhere you go make an xfire group. Google phrases like "looking for good RTS any suggestions" and directing them to this site. The lack of training is not a problem it is the lack of people wanting to be trained or desiring to be trained for whatever reasons that may be, and if you force the issue it will most likely push people even further away from wanting to dedicate their time to "train".
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible"!"

uIwehFx
Intermediate Member

Post by uIwehFx »

thx Ben , for the first not bias , and self explaining post, it is understandable and make sence. I cant really estimate the want of the community, probablly you can better, and when I read your post i felt like you actually you understand what I am worrying about, and not just reject my idea and ask questions. If the community cant think from A to B it is sad but okay, if they just think about their fun now and not in the near future it is, again, sad but Okay ! :thumbsupr:

PeLlE
Nemesis
Xfire: thepelie
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Pelie

Post by PeLlE »

You were the problem not admins or other people simply asking your questions.
If you have an idea but are not willing to make any effort its sad, but ok. If you dont understand what other people are trying to tell you it's sad but ok, too :thumbsdown:
Btw there is a post asking you for training I think and you didnt even bother replying? ;)
dreamwalker: i already clearly stated for all the english people that i dont play here
eeralf: ======???????????
eeralf: dont undersstand say it in street language
dreamwalker: fam mans already said im not gwarning wid yo shit on dis ting

uIwehFx
Intermediate Member

Post by uIwehFx »

Didint see the spot and still dunno where this post is , and i said i WILL put lots of afford in this if people are coming here and will tell me that they want this page , i will not first do all afford and than ask the community to tell me if they like it... logitcal ? So i asked save- ee to advertise this save-ee topic, so people look in here and tell me their oppinion

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

Suggestion:

Maybe you should not think too big, and maybe start out with a clan simmular to what slipknot did. Would maybe give some competition to nF and make them both grow? And I haven't seen nF on aoc, so there is an open market of players ;)

Of what I've seen slip have done an fantastic job creating the clan spirit and many players we simly could overrun after 2f11 has become alot better.

I guess it will take no time before 2-4 other good players want to help u out and make it easyer for u and them to actually succed with something.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

SlipKnoT
Nemesis

Post by SlipKnoT »

thanks for that btw kaz. i havent got time for ab i reply here. but tbh its quite simple if u have the will to do it. i got bored on ee and needed something to keep me interested so i made nF. i recruited alot of basic gren players. i trained them, gave civs, made videos and encourage them. it worked v well. im now recruiting on gameranger because there is a large group of players there whop are very eager to get better. it reminds me of the old days on ee. i think eventually many will come from GR to lobby in search of more challenges so i hope to promote that by having nF play there.

Anyway tbh its simple to make a clan that works if u know how to do it. too many clans have no real leader or person capable of doing the job. i made nF and within 2 weeks i had 8 guys on a night playing together and getting bettert and better. i think clans are the best for training players because u have there dedication. merely making sites n shit wont work

dan
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: dan

Post by dan »

True
Effort only fully releases its reward after a person refuses to quit.

Return to “EE General Discussion”