Player Speed

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
Hello0
Lobby Username: GoG_hΣ||øØ

Player Speed

Post by Hello0 »

i am actually wondering about this since i play ee

how does the programm calculate the player speed?

and are there differences between AoC player speed and EEC o.o?

i didnt know where to post i hope its fine here ._.
I am sweet.

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Re: Player Speed

Post by Omega »

It's in the right place now!

ben55

Post by ben55 »

i doubt there is a difference from ee to aoc. as for how it is calculated i have no idea.
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible"!"

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

I'm sure there's some algorithm it uses. I don't know what it is but really all that it takes into account is number of hotkeys pressed, number of mouse clicks, and time in game (until the player drops, not resigns/is defeated). It's probably something like PS = (X*Hotkeys + Y*Clicks)/Time where X and Y are the "weight" of a hotkey and click. Hotkeys have more weight (makes PS higher).
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

Hello0

Post by Hello0 »

:0 ye i thought about that too

uiwehfix said there's formula..and on eec max player speed is according to this formula 9k

but i had 12,9 k on aoc in a f11 0.01 game which was killed by lag and i was just typing around while i was waiting.

so there's probably a difference :3
I am sweet.

Ghost
Administrator

Post by Ghost »

I've had player speeds upwards of 50,000 on both games, I highly doubt there's a limit on either.

Sexacutioner
Nemesis

Post by Sexacutioner »

it also depends on what type of set your playing, think p2s is prob the lowest ps because of times when your not really doing much
p2s/n im usually around the 4-500
other sets usually around 6-800 mark depending on how much crap i have to do lol

Ghost
Administrator

Post by Ghost »

Just stay quiet, Sexa. You're retarded.

uIwehFx
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: uIwehFx

Post by uIwehFx »

The formula is a bit different than ghost says. EE is not only saving your hot keys and mouse clicks , it makes differences how fast you press hotkeys behind each other , mouse clicks same thing. If you do 100 mouse clicks a min. and leave the game your player speed is high than if you do 100 mouse clicks an hour and leave. If you press 5 times h shift+c in the last 5 secunds of the game , your player speed is higher than if you would have pressed it 25 mins. ago
In AoC the player speeds are much higher. Hotkeys weight more like ghost says.

The most PS gives the combo of : H shift+c for 5 cits.
I tested 50.000 player speed, would be 31 hotkeys (C) in 3 secunds + 5 mouse clicks. You cant play on a player speed of 50.000.

I am working with he player speed of ee , quiet a long time, and if sexa gets 4.5k in p2n in eec, it is really good :thumbsupl: . I think most people are happy when they get 1.5-2k , it is good for eec. I never tried working it out in aoc.
Sorry first, telling hello that you cant get over 9.000, you can , but probably you would have a really stressed game, the game probably finishes f11 0.02 to get 9.000 in mid.
Btw. fastest player speed is Mod settings.
The calculations of ee dont have a limit , what i meant tho , the combination of hotkeys in mid at start wont give you 9k , there is nearly no way , to play it properly and get 9k. Not in eec... I would think that it is not possible in aoc either, but since you told me that it laggs , everything is possible ! If it laggs and you pressed a hotkey , everyone else pressed alt+f4, and the f11 shows 0.00, even if you did something , your player speed will be 0 ! Unusally, but possbile

uIwehFx
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: uIwehFx

Post by uIwehFx »

I will add some proof to my post before. I did a littel experiment, 2 screens , both same hotkeys , same amount of time, just one screesn with 3 mouse clicks. Mouse clicks are acutally decreasing your player speed....
exactly the same amoutn of time , not a secund, not a half secund difference , i had to do around 90 trys to get it that perfect.

I am not saying that mouse clicks are always decreasing the player speed, in my oppinion the formula works with a percenatge between clicks and hotkeys as well.

Just disagreed in ghost formula
Attachments
EE020.jpg
EE019.jpg

Hello0

Post by Hello0 »

O.o i am often confused about some people's player speed.. they have like 10 army 1 farm 3 barracks in f11 5-10 ..but 100 clicks 1000 hotkeys and a player speed like 2k

wtf are these people doing?!? :shock:
I am sweet.

ben55

Post by ben55 »

shift clicking orders, spamming a hotkey, cycling groups idk really playerspeed is an overrated stat, in a good 1v1 game i go to like 900-1100, average game like 600-800, in a pre game were not much movement is required it is in the 300-500 range. anything over 1300 would be more spam than actual commands. of course that is just my opinion

edit; im talking past 10f11 player speed before that it is really varied and can be stupidly high for example a dm game first 10f11 a player really microing to his best would probably range in the 1200-1500 area easy
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible"!"

PeLlE
Nemesis
Xfire: thepelie
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Pelie

Post by PeLlE »

My palyer speed is 300-800. Thats enough.
dreamwalker: i already clearly stated for all the english people that i dont play here
eeralf: ======???????????
eeralf: dont undersstand say it in street language
dreamwalker: fam mans already said im not gwarning wid yo shit on dis ting

Seam
Basic Member
Lobby Username: Seam

Post by Seam »

I'm also kinda curious how player speed is calculated. Mainly because I come from starcraft (Fang dragged me over =O!), and I wonder how it transitions into APM.

I know in SC I have around 40-60 apm, and here I have 600-800 player speed
Fang does around the same apm, but has around 1k (more, if I don't force him to do nothing for a chunk of the game x_x).

I do know it has to be based on time, keybinds seem to boost it more than mouse clicks, and it's very susceptible to cheating (I got 13k by mashing ctrl groups that had my buildings and mashing my right click button).

Great, now Ima be researching it x_x I HOPE YOUR ALL HAPPY!!!

Ghost
Administrator

Post by Ghost »

Hello0 wrote:O.o i am often confused about some people's player speed.. they have like 10 army 1 farm 3 barracks in f11 5-10 ..but 100 clicks 1000 hotkeys and a player speed like 2k

wtf are these people doing?!? :shock:
Depends on how long the game lasts, their style of play, and their opponent. Even when I'm not trying I still commonly end up with the highest player speed because I still do almost everything with hotkeys. When I try then obviously that number goes up because I'm pressing more keys and doing it faster.

On top of that, if I'm playing vs. a very good opponent who is pressuring me and I have a serious determination to win, then the amount of work you have to do to win the game goes up dramatically. Because my play style relies on hotkeys my player speed sky rockets.

Also, the length of the game does make a lot of difference. If you're rushing, everything has to be done faster, and it requires some effort to pull it off. If they resign, obviously your player speed is going to be massive. If they survive your rush, then you move more towards booming, which requires less micromanagement. Your player speed starts to fall quickly when you don't keep up the pace.

Back in the day I used to average about 2000 player speed, which has sharply declined due to my lack off effort. Today I could easily break 1000 in any setting if the proper challenge arose, and I could probably break 2000 in a Mod DM game if it was a 4v4 with all veteran players.

And yeah, some people do mash some hotkeys to raise their player speed. I can think of a few names off the top of my head. Some of their favorites are P (Stop), H, and Spacebar (cycle through previous screen locations).

I really don't take screenshots of the Misc stats screen anymore, since I don't really brag about player speed, but here's some odd balls that didn't really fit into the groove the game played
Attachments
4v4 mid f11 75, game lasted 04:02:30 f11... i'm rather low down the list because i only gathered the res i needed, and barely spent any because i hardly ever lost units
4v4 mid f11 75, game lasted 04:02:30 f11... i'm rather low down the list because i only gathered the res i needed, and barely spent any because i hardly ever lost units
2v2 turned 2v1 gren war, game lasted 01:13:57 f11
2v2 turned 2v1 gren war, game lasted 01:13:57 f11

Return to “EE General Discussion”