Most Over-Rated Player EVER

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Re: Most Over-Rated Player EVER

Post by Arntzen »

herik wrote:Kazter can probably back me up
No. I look at KrasS being better than you in ever setting wing/pocket. Don't expect much "backing up" in the same thread you're disrespecting my clan mate in (Lightnessking). Honestly herik just take a step back and relax. Only reason taco keeps going is because you're feeding him. If you had ignored him the first time you would have saved a lot of energy. Not to mention it looks like you're sending insults in every direction at the moment.
This is not a fight you can win.

Which swordrush would you consider best of the best herik?
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Post by Captain Nemo »

But what I'm trying to say is a lot of us new players probably would be just as good as krass if we had that kind of competition.
Keep going this is epic!!!
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

PeLlE
Nemesis
Xfire: thepelie
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Pelie

Post by PeLlE »

Some of us had similiar competition and yet he is better. Maybe he is overrated, maybe not, but he is, and that simply is a fact, an amazing player. That is nowhere even near being the most overrated player ever. Apart from that I can only agree with Nemo, it is quite laughable what you produce as input to this topic so far.
(Anyways on a side note @kaz: Disrespecting light really is no bad thing :P apart from that i totally agree)
dreamwalker: i already clearly stated for all the english people that i dont play here
eeralf: ======???????????
eeralf: dont undersstand say it in street language
dreamwalker: fam mans already said im not gwarning wid yo shit on dis ting

[-Ts-] Tricky
Administrator

Post by [-Ts-] Tricky »

true lightnessfag who cares about him ;) Pelie is most under rated player gg no re proooost
-NeW-: ey idiot
-NeW-: triki
-NeW-: no
-NeW-: stupid
-NeW-: u are syndrom down
-NeW-: and retardet
simple_faith Assassin was pretty great
Kazter:Assassin was shit.

Samuel
Lobby Username: _[eC]_SamueL_

Post by Samuel »

Well... he's become one of the best european players on sc2 and a professional gamer .... how can you call him overrated?
Maybe you could say something like "well I think X and Y are better than him, but still Krass is really good", that would be perfectly fine I think, though calling him overrated is quite exaggerated to me.
And damn, wish Krass and Goldi played each other in 2010 ;/

assys
Basic Member

Post by assys »

Captain Nemo wrote:
But what I'm trying to say is a lot of us new players probably would be just as good as krass if we had that kind of competition.
This is a good point though. If ee still had more players weak ones would get more chances to become better.
Also if ee had the player base of sc2 noone of us would have a chance against the top of ee. Considering our skill level does not change.

I agree with herik on this argument

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

When having this discussion about Krass, keep in mind the incredible appraisal of his skills as per his most devoted fanboys. Did you know that Krass has the best micro of any player ever to play EE, and he never makes a mistake? I didn't until someone informed me awhile back!

Samuel
Lobby Username: _[eC]_SamueL_

Post by Samuel »

Myst had the best micro.

And yes, he's one of the most underrated player nowadays, hadn't I mentioned him some months ago he'd have been completely forgotten.
Last edited by Samuel on Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

assys
Basic Member

Post by assys »

Omega wrote:When having this discussion about Krass, keep in mind the incredible appraisal of his skills as per his most devoted fanboys. Did you know that Krass has the best micro of any player ever to play EE, and he never makes a mistake? I didn't until someone informed me awhile back!
It actually was my biggest mistake to not build up a fan-clan for myself. I had one years ago for a very short time. All of them were called something like black-assys green-assys and so on lol
Last edited by assys on Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator

Post by Captain Nemo »

assys wrote:
Captain Nemo wrote:
This is a good point though. If ee still had more players weak ones would get more chances to become better.
Also if ee had the player base of sc2 noone of us would have a chance against the top of ee. Considering our skill level does not change.

I agree with herik on this argument
Some could be better sure. But to say alot would probably reach that level is still laughable. Especially since he included himself. It's really only those that are currently best in their field who can complaim about lack of competition And I don't believe herik is top of his field. At all.

On a side note. Yes krass is overrated by some, because they're putting him in a godlike position. But rating him amongst the best ee players ever is not to overrate him imo. At least for liga

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

Instead of complaining at "lack of competition" and using this as an excuse, what he should have complained about is "lack of games". I've heard back in summer of 2002 you could go on a almost 24/7 run with non stop liga games. That would absolutely help today's players grow.

To me KrasS is only famous for his CA's when it comes to micro. I remember when I first started 1v1ing Elite and Lavanger in Middle they told me: "Don't go CA unless you micro like KrasS in 1vs1".
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator

Post by Captain Nemo »

Kazter wrote:Instead of complaining at "lack of competition" and using this as an excuse, what he should have complained about is "lack of games". I've heard back in summer of 2002 you could go on a almost 24/7 run with non stop liga games. That would absolutely help today's players grow.

To me KrasS is only famous for his CA's when it comes to micro. I remember when I first started 1v1ing Elite and Lavanger in Middle they told me: "Don't go CA unless you micro like KrasS in 1vs1".
U could do that in 2005 too i reckon. Yeah i guess he got their respect when he won a mid sh ladder aoc purely by going ca in all games I believe. I guess the 8 f11 attack by swords wasn't invented then cause u can micro all u want and still lose then.

ben45
Basic Member
Lobby Username: y?

Post by ben45 »

Kazter wrote:

Purely for the fact that not many players know how to use cav archer correctly except for a selected few to beat swords, however most people know how to mass swords but then again from my perspective most waste swords vs cavarcher because they have no idea how to beat a decent cav archer player, hence why krass dominated aoc middle, idiots doing sword booms vs him 1v1 agaisnt cav archer rush, and since rushing wasn't preffered they werent as strong with it, i don't believe krass has the best cav archer's in the game, but i believe he has a very good knowledge on how to beat a player with cav archer whether what unit they are(smart player) , aoc middle players(slow dumb)

herik
Momma's boy
Lobby Username: herik

Post by herik »

Kazter wrote: No. I look at KrasS being better than you in ever setting wing/pocket. Don't expect much "backing up" in the same thread you're disrespecting my clan mate in (Lightnessking). Honestly herik just take a step back and relax. Only reason taco keeps going is because you're feeding him. If you had ignored him the first time you would have saved a lot of energy. Not to mention it looks like you're sending insults in every direction at the moment.
This is not a fight you can win.

Which swordrush would you consider best of the best herik?
All of which I say is the honest truth.

Well try and look it as my perspective, considering I've only had 2 "1 vs 1"games with him which were both swords vs swords (rush)?, and I saw and experienced, that we were both doing cit for cit, swords for swords, what do you expect me to say? I beat him, but I am way under his level? No.

I'm actually going to tell you how I beat him, there will be no over exaggeration-
So was a good old 1v1 sword slut vs swords slut, now 90% of you are going to judge my old swords strat, just because it wasn't the meta, but it will always be the first sword slut strat that I had made, I'm only going to tell you the differences not going to go in depth of the strat. 3 cits on each barracks, rest of the capitals 4 cits go to wood (NOT HUNT/HIPPO). 1 tower each iron, 2 towers for forage, 6 cits from tower making go to hunt, other 3 go to forage, and 3 cits from capital, thats basically all you need to know.

So the game begins, it was no joke, cit for cit, sword for sword, it eventually cooled down because he had walled, so that he could get a decent population of cits again, I on the other hand, went for military, because I knew I wouldn't be able to out pop/boom him, so I continued making as much swords as i could, AND because i had sent cits to tree, instead of hippos, i was able to make a seige factory/seige tower. I went to his base at around 7-9 fll, poped my swords over and won, simply because he went for eco instead of military. If it had not been for my cits going to wood first and not hippo, I most likely would of not won, but I'm sure you can see why I say his and my rush are equal, we both hurt each other equally, but in the end the game won on decisions.

As for lightness been your clan member, LOL, oh and kaz just to catch you up, he insulted me first, but ok.
And as for this clan issue you have, eC's been dead for years, I never told you this, but many ex-eC members (who quit, not got kicked out) have told me, the only REAL clan members are the "big 4", nVm, Kirac, golden, krass. The rest are mealy pawns and players who fill up the lobby space with the clan tag. I would actually like to know do you even speak/play with any of these 4. Do you have to say hi first or do they openly greet you. Oh and not too long ago an eC member(Still eC) told me, that you new eC members would be kicked out straight away if the big 4 returned. Himmy, dave, assys and buddah, zero, myst and sam are probably the only members that can comfortably say, that they played and know all 4.
And i don't say this to insult, I'm just trying to open your eyes, and I'm sorry to the eC members that I do respect and am friends with on this game, but it's simply the truth. Just remember I'm not coming up with some lie. More then one player has told me the exact thing, (on different cds).

Oh who are the best sword rushes (That I can remember) I've played with/against that's easy:
witchking(dave), Seizmic, Lavanger, SluT Capt (both very good 1v1 and 2v2 players.), kirac was a solid wing to vs in some 3v3 we did. Omega I played once (I believe you were there), and he'd played like he'd only taken a couple of days off, hate to imagine how he'd play when he was active. XtC, Holly, Himmy- was always fun to play, Assys- a solid sword masser. Even kaz and lightness have grown to become good sword rushers. (And no I'm not sucking up, as all of this is from experience).

Samuel wrote:Well... he's become one of the best european players on sc2 and a professional gamer .... how can you call him overrated?
Maybe you could say something like "well I think X and Y are better than him, but still Krass is really good", that would be perfectly fine I think, though calling him overrated is quite exaggerated to me.
And damn, wish Krass and Goldi played each other in 2010 ;/

All i can say to this sam, is that many of the top liga players didn't even hear of him. By the time he had risen, most of the renowned expert liga players had left the game. (when I say most, I say this because I was told in the earlier years there were around 2k players on eec). I was also told by a former pro player who had left eec at 2003-2004, who had put everything into the game, and will now not return, (he plays LoL now.) He trained cobra.
Captain Nemo wrote:
Some could be better sure. But to say alot would probably reach that level is still laughable. Especially since he included himself. It's really only those that are currently best in their field who can complaim about lack of competition And I don't believe herik is top of his field. At all.

On a side note. Yes krass is overrated by some, because they're putting him in a godlike position. But rating him amongst the best ee players ever is not to overrate him imo. At least for liga
Why shouldn't I include myself? Taco taught me how to rush in this new lobby, and I beat krass in a 1v1 who had probably played 1000's of 1v1 in the past. No I'm sorry nemo but, there was nothing wrong with including myself in this part. When i was in serria lobby, I played a handful of mid which consisted of long bows with path every game. I hadn't touched a sword till this new lobby (mind you i hadn't even learnt of civ ups until a year had past (out of the 2 years, i was only 13 and this was my first online RTS multiplayer game.)), I was a faithful scen player in those 2 years. I really don't think you can judge the "new players" as we had no idea what kind of expert games were played. As for me well nemo, I'de have to disagree with you saying that I would not become good. When Seizmic, elite, enigma, kurt, taco, pyro, peasent ect played, I designed my strat to work agasint aoc players which it did. I had in fact only played a handful of pro eec mid games which was slowly coming to an end of eec mid.
ben45 wrote:
Kazter wrote:

Purely for the fact that not many players know how to use cav archer correctly except for a selected few to beat swords, however most people know how to mass swords but then again from my perspective most waste swords vs cavarcher because they have no idea how to beat a decent cav archer player, hence why krass dominated aoc middle, idiots doing sword booms vs him 1v1 agaisnt cav archer rush, and since rushing wasn't preffered they werent as strong with it, i don't believe krass has the best cav archer's in the game, but i believe he has a very good knowledge on how to beat a player with cav archer whether what unit they are(smart player) , aoc middle players(slow dumb)
Ben 45 beat me to it, but he is correct from what i read, which i forget what thread it is now, you may remember, but it was basically, aoc was all about exp and booming, not many players rushed it was just the meta of that time.

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator

Post by Captain Nemo »

Why shouldn't I include myself? Taco taught me how to rush in this new lobby, and I beat krass in a 1v1 who had probably played 1000's of 1v1 in the past. No I'm sorry nemo but, there was nothing wrong with including myself in this part. When i was in serria lobby, I played a handful of mid which consisted of long bows with path every game. I hadn't touched a sword till this new lobby (mind you i hadn't even learnt of civ ups until a year had past (out of the 2 years, i was only 13 and this was my first online RTS multiplayer game.)), I was a faithful scen player in those 2 years. I really don't think you can judge the "new players" as we had no idea what kind of expert games were played. As for me well nemo, I'de have to disagree with you saying that I would not become good. When Seizmic, elite, enigma, kurt, taco, pyro, peasent ect played, I designed my strat to work agasint aoc players which it did. I had in fact only played a handful of pro eec mid games which was slowly coming to an end of eec mid.
What a load of crap. Pope was shit until the new lobby came, and now he owns. Kazter same thing I guess. You had plenty of chances to become good, blame it on nothing but your lack of skill. You got lucky one game vs krass and talk big words now. well hallefuckingluja. Last time I played u was in a 3v4 game, I was left alone to fight u and it was a fucking walkover. And my swordrush is not from the top shelf. Krass is definitely better also at swords. And everything else.

Tell u what. Reason people don't like your way of debating these topics is because u don't have the status for it. Thats why ben45 is on u. You talk like you're a pro player who has played for many years and one of the old guys. You're not. People don't like someone inferior (skillwise, and basic status in the community) to themselves judging them. I didn't like it when u said I had seemed to improve over the last years. Fuck my mid game has been the same since 2006 pretty much. You're quick enough to judge krass based on 2 games (which credibility is very questionable). I know alot of players who improve ALOT faster than you.

btw there are plenty of mid games on GR... PLENTY, and they'd be fine challenge for u.

Don't consider this my insult to you, Im simply trying to explain to you why people seem to be against u in this topic. Been holding back for too long now...

I have nothing against u really herik, but I don't like it when people overrate themselves by THAT much. Some reality check needed

Oh btw heres the screen from that 3v4 game.

edit:
Why shouldn't I include myself? Taco taught me how to rush in this new lobby, and I beat krass in a 1v1 who had probably played 1000's of 1v1 in the past
No he has hardly played swords. He never really played much mid, and swords in particular was counted among his weaknesses. Goldy never ventured much into mid either for that matter. Understand krass was a liga player and everything else was secondary to him, and he wasn't above the level of other experts in these setts.
Attachments
EE00029.JPG

Return to “EE General Discussion”