Oldschool vs Newschool

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Re: Oldschool vs Newschool

Post by Captain Nemo »

who's "them"? And how would u propose u rush with a 2 rax start??
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

CusTomm_
Lobby Username: Adventure_

Post by CusTomm_ »

X-Mens, {-TW-}

You can easily upgrade range+4 with 2 rax start f11 4, at f11 6 I am probably up8 and many players wont have houses untill then with a 3 rax start

EDIT: I even remember some Xmens coming back on about 2007 and still starting 2 rax at the beginning

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

Regular gren players were clueless until more than a few years after release. I wouldn't use them as an example of anything. Indy dm no s/r players had a much better handle on the game. Sorry to say it.

CusTomm_

Post by CusTomm_ »

Well Omega, I have never said that Gren players been the greatest players and most experienced in their set. I just said that Gren is a good example of how a set changed in speed. :)

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator

Post by Captain Nemo »

Hmm. Are u suggesting grenwar was at a higher level then? Those clans as examples?

If you range upgrade range that fast u'll definitely be killed fast in 4v4 wing vs 3rax start. It'll work in 1v1 sure, not sure it gives u any advantage tho. Problem is about 7 f11 u need 4th rax even when u start with 3 so I see no point in starting 2 but w/e if u like it.

CusTomm_

Post by CusTomm_ »

Captain Nemo wrote: If you range upgrade range that fast u'll definitely be killed fast in 4v4 wing vs 3rax start. It'll work in 1v1 sure, not sure it gives u any advantage tho. Problem is about 7 f11 u need 4th rax even when u start with 3 so I see no point in starting 2 but w/e if u like it.
Challenge? :D It works nice on 4v4

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator

Post by Captain Nemo »

Captain Nemo wrote:Hmm. Are u suggesting grenwar was at a higher level then? Those clans as examples?
And this?

It could work if u don't have a hill infront of your base or u don't have any forward irons. But it's still no advantage to start with 2. And no I don't want to go do every stupid thing we discuss about in this forum. Im done doing grenwars, I played plenty of them.

CusTomm_

Post by CusTomm_ »

Captain Nemo wrote:
Captain Nemo wrote:Hmm. Are u suggesting grenwar was at a higher level then? Those clans as examples?
And this?
Well I just remembered them playing 2 rax and I remembered Xmen to be quite good at Gren.
And I am pretty sure they had been better players than the Gren community in Lobby a year ago...

But Apo is quite another good example of how the overall lvl sank btw.
Captain Nemo wrote:
Captain Nemo wrote: It could work if u don't have a hill infront of your base or u don't have any forward irons. But it's still no advantage to start with 2.

Well, we got a different opinion there than.

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator

Post by Captain Nemo »

Well I just remembered them playing 2 rax and I remembered Xmen to be quite good at Gren.
And I am pretty sure they had been better players than the Gren community in Lobby a year ago...
Yes thats how u remember it. You're just proving my earlier point about not being able to judge skill when u're not good urself. FYI: X-Men were average at best. And thats in an already lowly skilled set.

If a year ago was the like of Young he would have probably beaten x-men in 2v1. Idk who else played grenwar a year ago but imo grenwar topped in the average player level around early 2007. Thats about the time when a lot of gren players ventured into other setts, mainly liga. If I remember correctly. But trust me everybody playing gren in 2004 were complete noobs, myself included tho I was at the very top in that particular set.

CusTomm_

Post by CusTomm_ »

Captain Nemo wrote:
Yes thats how u remember it. You're just proving my earlier point about not being able to judge skill when u're not good urself. FYI: X-Men were average at best. And thats in an already lowly skilled set.

If a year ago was the like of Young he would have probably beaten x-men in 2v1.
And that is proving my point, the only good gren players in this lobby been Bail and Abrax and Krass if he wanted to, When I rejoined lobby community I played Gren 1vs1 all day long and trust me Simple is good at Gren but nothing compared to Apo, TuG, LmS in old lobby with ganni viper etc... And that is exactly the skill Bail and Abrax have been, so what I said... Its easier to be a good player these days... I guess we have a complete different point of view on that and wont convince each other :D

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator

Post by Captain Nemo »

Are u like.. not reading what I say? You pick out bits of my text and respond to that instead of responding to what I say as a whole. I said it topped round 2007, thats actually also when Viper, abrax, ganni etc played. I don't know why anyone would mention krass in gren top players but w/e. FIY: 2007 still newschool.

Gren is a dead set today so obviously nobody good plays it. That has nothing to do with the overall skill level and how that evolves.

I was using simple as an example for a gren player 1 year ago. Nowhere did I mention he was the pinnacle of grenwars. But I'd say he's almost as good as some of those people u mention, after all u seem to judge on a scale relevant to your own current skill where suddenly X-Men were good lol. So the better u get the lower u judge other people around u. Common mistake.

CusTomm_

Post by CusTomm_ »

Captain Nemo wrote: I was using simple as an example for a gren player 1 year ago. Nowhere did I mention he was the pinnacle of grenwars. But I'd say he's almost as good as some of those people u mention, after all u seem to judge on a scale relevant to your own current skill where suddenly X-Men were good lol. So the better u get the lower u judge other people around u. Common mistake.
lol seriously ? How often did you play Gren in the save-ee lobby client? How often did you play gren 1v1 in the lobby client ? I think I can count it on one hand how often I saw you in a Gren game. So I am not sure if you can judge the skill lvl of the (now dead) gren community in save-ee... Tho I know that Simple wasnt even close to what Abrax and Bail played.

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator

Post by Captain Nemo »

Ill admit I don't know who Bail is/was does he have an alias? I played enough gren to judge the other guys lol. Just cause it wasn't my main set doesn't mean I didn't know who was who in it and how good they were.

But what I hear here is that 2008-09 was when grenwar was at the highest level?? Make up your mind ffs.

CusTomm_

Post by CusTomm_ »

BaiL aka Darth VADER, also mentioned in Dan's list: (Young isnt mentioned btw, but Krass is because he is just pretty good)

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1788

I have to admit, that the top 4/5 players probably gave the best gren games ever, yeah. But I would still say that behind them there were less good players and far more average players and also I would still say, that style of the games became much slower and more boring and unskilled, as I tried to explain before :D

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator

Post by Captain Nemo »

uh dan's list.. now thats facts! AGAIN: I never said anything about simple being anything special, up untill 2012 he was infact a complete noob and then he left apo made eQ and became an allround good player. Im just using him as an example of a 1 year ago gren player cause tbh I don't know who else there were 1 year ago.
Even the average gren players of 2007-2008 would slap the "experts" from 2004 back and forth as they pleased.

But you're right the games became more boom orientated after 2007, whether thats lower skilled or not Ill let u be the judge of. To me the top of grenwar was 06-07 and from there the skill level of the bests was pretty constant but fewer and fewer good played it, especially as their main set. I guess all u got wrong was which year u're talking about cause 2004 was super noobish. And nobody good made 2 rax rushes.

Return to “EE General Discussion”