Grens

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
SlipKnoT
Nemesis

Re: Grens

Post by SlipKnoT »

either A. thats a lie or B. you never try

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

Darth Nihilus wrote:No you can't not even the best gren players can do it , maybe someone i know can get it 1 out of 10 games , anyone who says he can get 15 grens , pls show me :)
First attempt, and I didn't take advantage of the double mine, either. Paused about 1 second f11 after I had 15.

I did forget to keep making citizens though, and to gather enough wood for houses, but whatever, I haven't played in 12 weeks and grenwar makes me zzzzzz.
Attachments
EE000.jpg

SlipKnoT
Nemesis

Post by SlipKnoT »

thats vs a comp and u know it!

PeLlE
Nemesis
Xfire: thepelie
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Pelie

Post by PeLlE »

well point is prooven lol 15 grens f11 2:55
Same is easily possible with swords in mid sh ;)
dreamwalker: i already clearly stated for all the english people that i dont play here
eeralf: ======???????????
eeralf: dont undersstand say it in street language
dreamwalker: fam mans already said im not gwarning wid yo shit on dis ting

BaBoon*
Novice Member
Lobby Username: -Apocalypse-Baboon-

Post by BaBoon* »

Omega that is 15 grens , but vs computer like slipknot says , that is much easier
I don't think that is possible in the game ahinst other player , because if you try to finish your barrcks so early , that gonna be so hard , and you ca not build barrack befor bringing cits to iron , because than you don't have enough iron ...

Anyway , maybe it is possible with a lot of stress and many trys , but you cant bringt hippo to capitol or anything , because you don't have the time.

Also pelie , swords in mid ^^
That is different , swaords are fast to produce and less iron is requiered

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

SlipKnoT wrote:thats vs a comp and u know it!
Of course it is. However, the only difference is that it auto-pauses for civilization in single player against a computer. Selecting a civilization in reality takes oh, 4 or 5 seconds f11? I'd say that's a little on the slow side for picking a civ, actually, but it still means that without that pause, I'd have had 15 before 3.
PeLlE wrote:Same is easily possible with swords in mid sh ;)
Well, actually it's 18 swords for mid sh :P Any noob who can get 12 grens at 3 can get 15 swords at 3. (On an unrelated note, for everyone who thinks 12 swords at 3 is good, this is so ridiculously sub-par you shouldn't be bragging)

Long Swords take 32 seconds f11 to build, without build time decrease and cost 30 food 30 iron without cost reduction..
Grens take 40 seconds f11 to build, without build time decrease, and cost 40 food 40 iron without cost reduction.

Iron is the only cost that really "matters" in this short of time frame (although if we included food did matter nothing would change...), so, that means that swords are 25% less expensive and take 20% less time to build. This therefore implies that if 15 grens at 3 is possible, then you should be able to get 15*1.2 swords in the same amount of time (as time is clearly the limiting factor here). That just happens to be 18 swords, which is also quite doable by 3, but usually achieved by 3:01 to 3:06 just like 15 grens.
BaBoon* wrote:Omega that is 15 grens , but vs computer like slipknot says , that is much easier
I don't think that is possible in the game ahinst other player , because if you try to finish your barrcks so early , that gonna be so hard , and you ca not build barrack befor bringing cits to iron , because than you don't have enough iron ...

Anyway , maybe it is possible with a lot of stress and many trys , but you cant bringt hippo to capitol or anything , because you don't have the time.

Also pelie , swords in mid ^^
That is different , swaords are fast to produce and less iron is requiered
It's only easier versus a computer because you get a pause to pick your civilization. That is it, and it doesn't take more than 5 seconds f11 ever (Unless maybe you have a ton of civilizations and for some reason don't use the multi-folder trick).

It's honestly not hard to finish your barracks in the necessary amount of time--just do it after you pick your civilization. The thing that slows you down in a "real" game, is that mine placement is essentially random, and also that you can fumble on getting the early-return in on time, or get a mine/settlement placement that causes one of your citizens to act retarded on the early-return. These factors however, rarely slow you down any past 3:06 f11, which is why I originally stated:
Omega wrote:15 in exactly 3 is very possible, and getting 15 out in the 3:01 to 3:06ish range is honestly not that hard to do very consistently.
I mean, let's be real here, you CAN certainly get 15 grens at 2:54 with a pause for the civilization and a decent map. My statement is entirely correct, you CAN get 15 at 3 in a real game, if you're fast and don't make mistakes. However, just like I ALSO STATED, you're most likely going to get the 15 in the 3:01 to 3:06 range. 12 seconds f11 can account for a lot (the time between 2:54 and 3:06), such as picking a civilization, mines on the bad side of normal, and a bit of fumbling with the early returns, which are really the only 3 major time-delays one should expect in a grenwar, and only 2 of them are really variable (mines and return-fails).

As for luring a hippo, you actually can and still get 15 at 3. I know gren players really like to focus on luring, but it's not even remotely needed--in fact, luring a hippo should take 4 clicks at most, and you can do it in time where you're not doing anything else assuming you're capable of multitasking in-game, meaning it doesn't actually take you extra time to do, just extra actions. Just because I didn't bother doing it it in a non-real demo to show it's actually possible to get 15 grens at 3 doesn't mean it cannot be done.

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

And of course there are going to be some disbelievers because they don't remember the time when grens was truly competitive and even the slightest fuck-up would cost you the game. It's actually quite depressing when players who play ONLY grens can't even master it.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

Sexacutioner
Nemesis

Post by Sexacutioner »

grens is always an f11 game now, maybe not in title but they just sit in their base till they have army up if they can survive a descent slut which most cant :/

SlipKnoT
Nemesis

Post by SlipKnoT »

thats where i come in :D. i always rush or rape. i hate sittin waiting. the funny thing is i always get a better boom than most even tho im on the offense more while they wall and just spam units with mediocre econ

Robin Hood
Lurker

Post by Robin Hood »

Granted this is an older topic, but I thought I'd throw my two cents in.

The biggest thing that makes 15 a rare thing to see is lag. Is 15 Grens possible? Of course it is and Omega proved it, but the thing is as you can also see by the screens it was done just under 3f11. So in most games via the internet there is almost always a little lag and this lag can cause you to lose roughly 15 seconds f11 time since you have to wait for the lag to clear up to continue on with what you are doing. Thus making it a more normal thing to see 12 grens in 3f11. I will say this, most players these days are incapable of multi-tasking during the early moments of the game making them more susceptible to a rush and further more incapable of achieving 15 Grens in 3f11 even with a good map/no lag.

I also believe that a good player should be just fine being 3 Grens behind the opposing player due to the time it takes a person to go across the map to attack. Because by the time the person attacks the defender should most certainly be even in the number of units plus you can easily throw two houses up in a short period of time and defend very easily.

mücke
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: mücke

Post by mücke »

yes, nevertheless omegas comp race is a very very good try. 2:55 is really good. the ones who cried "thats no problem because its vs a comp" etc. should go and try it themselves

Baron
Basic Member

Post by Baron »

grens?
its a unit, one of 100
i dont call it set, worth to talk about

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

I refuse to call it a sett. It's a rule
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

peow130
Noob @ Everything

Post by peow130 »

I call it a sett, because it was put in the game and is available to play.
SlipKnoT wrote:swords are 30 u idiot.

SlipKnoT
Nemesis

Post by SlipKnoT »

no kid, the settings were put in the game. no rule was ever implemented with the manufactured game. do u understand???

Return to “EE General Discussion”