GR(Game Ranger) is god awful.

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Re: GR(Game Ranger) is god awful.

Post by Omega »

Elite wrote:As for exp. cavs, I just don't see how you stop 35 swords at 8 f11 with no btd.
Only 35? I think that number should be higher, even if you're accounting for travel time.

Elite
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: Elite

Post by Elite »

They'll be at least lvl 8 upgrades, having 1x attack hp speed and 2x arrow armor is more effective than having a few more swords imo. Also you may have a few more or less depending on how quickly the CA player kills your hunt and how much he taps your cits.

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

I think around 60/66 is average at f11 10 for good players, but if you arent able to defend your hunt it will be lower. But anyway, 35 uppgraded swords at f11 8 kill most CA players tbh.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Post by Captain Nemo »

lol kaz thats really alot if u want them to be level 10. It's hard to say how much I actually make since I always lose some before 10f11, but 50ish is probably realistic depending on how many cits I lose.
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

MW sword test goal: 50 swords level 6, 3 towers 4 houses OR 4 towers 2 houses. in f11 10.

Easy to get 60 lvl 8 even without double iron and the only hunt are 2 hippo's. (lately 3 since 1.5 has new plains.)
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator

Post by Captain Nemo »

of course when just testing it it's np but in a real game where u both raid and get raided, it's something entirely different.

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

Edit wrote:I think around 60/66 is average at f11 10 for experts in a real game
60 should be possible in real game, even with raids/attacking involved. Altho you cannot loose a ton of citz.

@Lightness, ye I know.. I was one of the guys who made it.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

:P nooooo you didn't passed the MW exam, just kidding.

Elite
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: Elite

Post by Elite »

All I know is that I generally average between 30 and 40 swords leaving my base between 7 and 9 f11, with upgrades timed so that I hit level 8 or 10 right before I run into enemy towers. And this has been sufficient to kill every CA player in the past few years. Its pretty much a reality that vs. a good CA player you won't get hunt, but 2 hippos is usually enough to kill them.

Omega
Administrator

Post by Omega »

Elites numbers when facing a good CA player are way more accurate than the other numbers presented here :P Sorry guys! (Although, I think you guys were talking 10 f11?)

I'd say that low 40ish swords around 8 f11, if they are to be level 10 when they hit the opponent is a reasonable amount. This pretty much assumes your hunt (except the hippos) die before you can use them, which is accurate against a good CA player. Additionally, if you're primarily massing swords for a future attack vs a CA player, you're going to get harassed like CRAZY if the CA player is any good, which will result in cit deaths, or at least a lot of cits being tapped/bumped off mining.

Of course, you could get really lucky and end up with a base where your hunt is actually defensible (really really rare, but I've seen it happen a few times) against early cav archers whose sole purpose is to kill it. Or, you could end up with like two or three elephant herds, which you can lure and kill early in addition to hippos, giving you a nice food boost.

P.S. If you know your opponent is going CA, and know they're good, most of the time it actually makes sense to take a few citizens and kill all of your hunt YOURSELF, before they can get to it, so long as it's not in the front of your base or some other super easy to raid location.

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator

Post by Captain Nemo »

I was talking 10 f11 yes (50ish should be accurate enough). And yes level 8 is sufficient, and 40 swords at 8f11 will kill any eec ca player, only thing that might save him is a fortress, tho it will die aswell it might save u anyway. But Unless u have an extraordinary cav map, it's simply impossible to strike down the attack around this time (not a complete kill, but very close to). I remember proving this point with... I think it was kazter and bones or someone else and had to realise the cavs simply just lost every time.

Haven't done tests for aoc, but as 1v1 can be played on medium that changes the entire picture.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

The numbers are very accurate when it only comes to creating them. (Without attacking/defending etc.) Also lvl 6-8 upgrades are included.

And yes this was in f11 10 lol.

herik
Momma's boy
Lobby Username: herik

Post by herik »

Captain Nemo wrote:I was talking 10 f11 yes (50ish should be accurate enough). And yes level 8 is sufficient, and 40 swords at 8f11 will kill any eec ca player, only thing that might save him is a fortress, tho it will die aswell it might save u anyway. But Unless u have an extraordinary cav map, it's simply impossible to strike down the attack around this time (not a complete kill, but very close to). I remember proving this point with... I think it was kazter and bones or someone else and had to realise the cavs simply just lost every time.

Haven't done tests for aoc, but as 1v1 can be played on medium that changes the entire picture.
Both me and kaz 1v1 ras swords vs cav, he won with us using elites strat, u really just need to have a incredible micro/good position of fortress. (This was some time ago.) And yes it was eec, and aoc mid is played on small map too, not on med

Omega
Administrator

Post by Omega »

I 1v1ed ras swords versus swords back on the server, and won in like 5 minutes. IIRC, Nemo was one of the observers even.

Random grudge matches over nothing back then were so fun.

Anyway, my point is unless Ras has gotten a lot better at Middle SH (very possible over the course of several years, since hey, his loss back then was mainly due to inexperienced SH mistakes), any test cases versus him in Middle SH don't really count for much IMO.

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Ras has never really been strong in SH. Sometimes his odd strategies will throw people off, but I've only seen it when he's on a stacked team. I'd only consider him above average in a conventional game.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

Return to “EE General Discussion”