Star Craft 2

Talk about other games -- past, present, and future -- in this forum.
_EpIc_
Basic Member

Star Craft 2

Post by _EpIc_ »

Any you guys going to get it when its released? If so do you think it will live up to the hype?
I am getting it and i believe it will be a great game not just single player but online. Were other games have messed up in going overboard on graphics and making online gameplay just horrific (Empire Earth 2 and 3 even aoe 3). I believe they will make a well balanced fast paced rts..maybe not fast enough to keep up with the koreans with robot hands that play but fast none the less.
Whats you guys take on the game and even future RTS games out there that may bring back hope for RTS? 8)

inola
Nemesis

Re: Star Craft 2

Post by inola »

I rate star craft the same as i rate space age in aoc trash :)
I like history and Modern i cant do that taser shit.
JUST FUCKING PWNT YOU WITH MY LASER GUN o.0

_EpIc_
Basic Member

Post by _EpIc_ »

lol it does have aliens to though :P

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

The whole alien shit fucked me over when I first played Starcraft. Why come up with such gay names for a buildings when they essentially act as a "house" or "barracks"? I never really took the time to learn the names of everything, hence my disinterest.

Maybe if someone finds me a CD-Key that works online I might play it.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

inola
Nemesis

Post by inola »

I wouldn't play the shit if they payed me :)

JVT
Basic Member

Post by JVT »

STAR CRAFT IS TEH WIN! I don't know about Star Craft II but I love Star Craft. Watching Russians, and koreans play is amazing.. (I have a russian and like 30 koreans in my school.) They click like 2394387943289 times a second in huge lan partys... o.O

_EpIc_
Basic Member

Post by _EpIc_ »

Yah they do play at very fast speeds. Very nice to watch none stop action games.

dg991
Novice Member

Post by dg991 »

If starcraft 2 turns out to be any good, then I may buy it and to replace my EE fetish.

Moo
Spam4food

Post by Moo »

Aw Its Almsot here :) Getting the Beta key wont be easy but has anybody pre-ordered it? Or are any of you gonna buy it?

inola
Nemesis

Post by inola »

I think it's going to suck! I'm still going to force myself to play it because I didn't like EE the first week I played it but then it became crack hence the name DaCrackHead.

BoomeR
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: [RoK]_BoomeR_

Post by BoomeR »

Hello,

I have been playing the beta for like two months or so and Starcraft 2 has turned out to be "the new RTS" for me after many many years of EE and when the game hits retail I hope to see some old EE faces there too :)

The gameplay has improved a lot from SC1 so if you haven't played old Starcraft before at high levels, you won't be that much behind if you swap from EE to SC2. Many things like CTRL-move and grouping units and buildings are similar in EE. Almost all of the common EE hotkeys are different in SC2 but it doesn't take that long to learn them. Game still relies heavily on micro/macro game, economy control, unit producing and army control like EE. There are also some "cheesy" strategies like floating your barracks into opponents base and making marines there as terran, something similar to EE's forward rax rush, or as protoss making photon cannons in enemy's base to block mineral gain, similar to tower rush in EE. Many different ways to win a game, EE micro skills will definately help you in SC2 too.

There will also be a ranking system for 1v1/2v2/3v3/4v4 with 5 different leagues (Copper/bronze/silver/gold/platinum) that will be divided into divisions with 100 players each. You will be put into league after you have played 5 or 10 placement matches, after that you can go down/up depending how you play. You will get a notice that says: "You have been moved from X league to X league" after a game. Top-8 players of each league will be in end-tournament in the end of each season, and maybe receive some award to their profile. Not sure about that since there haven't been any end-tournaments yet.

Some of you might thing what are the computer specs you need to run SC2? For ultra high graphics you are going to need a new a brand computer to run it smoothly but to run it on low-medium graphics (still pretty good looking) you won't need that new comp. I personally have computer from 2006, bought for 400€, with Intel Core Duo 6750, Geforce 7600 GT and 2 GB of memory and I can run the game well on medium settings without any FPS drops even with mass units. But if you are having problems running EE then you should think of upgrading or buying a brand new comp, it is absolutely worth it.

PS. If any of you got beta (EU), you can add me for some games :)
Name and idenfier (BoomeR.boomer)

inb4 wall of text crits you over 9000>_>
[RoK]_BoomeR_

inola
Nemesis

Post by inola »

If you having problems running EE throw that computer away :)

SlipKnoT
Nemesis

Post by SlipKnoT »

i didnt rly take the time out to read all of boomers post. is this game gud at all or what ha.

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Personally I think it's going to have the same fate as AoE3. AoE3 was supposed to be this great RTS game but the gameplay turned out to be somewhat dumbed down and very, very slow. Yeah, micro played a small role and it helps you no matter what, but not as much as it did in previous games in the series or EE. They put far too much emphasis on having amazing graphics instead of making a game with great playability (one of the reasons it took forever to balance the game via various patches). That seems to be the downfall of just about every new RTS these days...
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

ben55

Post by ben55 »

big problem for me on aoe3 was until 1.3 if you weren't ottoman or france you couldn't win unless you were spain on sonata which then u just basically imperial halb rush someone and win everytime lol.

took them forever to balance the game which prob lost them some players, and the deck thing was kind of clunky, and god anything outside of 2v2 was hell to play get someone in pocket booming with Dutch banks holy shit after age 3 they were unstoppable think pre2nano spear boom, but no reli or shit to mess with them they just walk through your base like an unstoppable behemoth.

i played about 400 games before i quit i had a 72% win versus fairly decent players before I quit idk it might be more fun now, but it just seemed ottoman versus ottoman or france vs ottoman or france vs france over and over.

as for sc2 never played the first one not that interested in the sequel, but blizzard makes great games so it should be good, so if i felt like learning a new rts i'd deff check it out.
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible"!"

Return to “Gaming”