The Ultimate Comp Stomp: Rome's Pharoah on HARD

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
Griffon
Novice Member
Lobby Username: Griffon

The Ultimate Comp Stomp: Rome's Pharoah on HARD

Post by Griffon »

Today I finally finished the final mission of the Roman Campaign in EE-AOC on Hard difficulty. I thought it was impossible but now it is doable. It was the only campaign mission I was not able to win on hard difficulty (I even won the Iwo Jima mission on hard years ago, which was extremely hard).

There are several tricks.

1. Delete the pyramid once you own it. Very important for victory, otherwise you would never win.....
It appears AOC is really rushed, because this last scen is broken, one is that it is way too hard, second is they fudged up the condition. Apparently they forgot to set the condition for the existence of the pyramid, they only did the HP condition.

2. Kill enemy "royal lieutanent" with mass pilums. These bronze cavs are beasts, kill them ASAP or they massacre you.

3. Build catapults, not scorpions. Scorpions are more expensive and they are actually much less effective than catapults in this misison. Every comp stomp expert or mid player knows the power of mass catapults and trebuchets.

4. The more catapults the better. And you must protect your siege factories, be ware of enemy rams.

5. Ideal battlefield is the area between the siege factories and the hospital near the gate. Gather all your forces there and your re-inforcements should also come there. Don't waste your troops fighting in any other places, it's not worth it.

6. You need to have a considerable force before you attack, something like at least 120 pop. First atk should be the central base.

7. Use morale and battlecries. Use hospitals to heal severly-wounded troops.

8. When attacking the central base, it is best to lure the base-defenders (which includes several stone-thrower sieges) out of the base and annilate them.

9. Avoid "fair battle". It is on hard, comps get severe advantages when it comes to damaging your troops. Try out-numbering him, out-smarting him, out-manuevering him.

simple_faith
Nemesis
Lobby Username: simple_faith

Re: The Ultimate Comp Stomp: Rome's Pharoah on HARD

Post by simple_faith »

lmfaoopadsf ofasodfoasdofo

Griffon
Novice Member

Post by Griffon »

Reason why deleting the pyramid works is because in the triggers, the EE programmers forgot to add the "major pyramid exists" condition.

legendaire
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: legendaire

Post by legendaire »

omg griffon its me remember?(~eWA`~>LEGENDAIRE) why you dont play on gr long time didnt see you man we play with kass and assasin always come play some game man:DDDD

herik
Momma's boy
Lobby Username: herik

Post by herik »

legendaire wrote:omg griffon its me remember?(~eWA`~>LEGENDAIRE) why you dont play on gr long time didnt see you man we play with kass and assasin always come play some game man:DDDD
LMAO faith played this? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

eeralf_
Nemesis
Lobby Username: eeralf

Post by eeralf_ »

i play all the shit and won , grrrrr
boring
no, it was funny like hell, for test AI, in all games i buy i try also the campaign, and most are funny, but when u try it some times u get it, also in ego shooter like doom, i loved this games on 1999 and also today

and maybe iam always offtopic, sry man, i played often 1vs 7 hard comps on island, its real hard, u win maybe on 50 percent (Pre space, hard, high resources, all 20 cit)

Griffon
Novice Member

Post by Griffon »

:D legend. I'm just kind of busy this year. Plus, my usual habit of playing ee is I play for a while then become dormant for quite a long time then re-emerge again. So I will probably come back at some point, maybe very soon. :)

legendaire
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: legendaire

Post by legendaire »

ok mate hope you will back soon we miss you man :DDD

Return to “EE General Discussion”