Help creating a multiplayer scenario

For discussion about scenarios! Post your scenarios, comment on others' scenarios, discuss triggers, and so on.
abiasforwar
Lurker
Lobby Username: abiasforwar

Help creating a multiplayer scenario

Post by abiasforwar »

Hello save-ee,

I've been working on a map of 16th century through to 19th century Europe, based on szini1's original "Map of Europe in 400x400". I want to make it so that, at the beginning of the game, a player can decide which faction he wants to choose.

(France/Great Britain/Russia/Prussia/Austria/Spain/Ottoman Empire).

I also want it to be the case that, when you choose for example France, you will have a different unit pool than Great Britain, as well as different unit stats and names (like Voltigeur as opposed to Redcoat).

Here is a preview of the map in progress;
http://postimage.org/image/5hof5wac1/

- What kind of triggers will allow you to choose, at the beginning of the game, which faction you will play?
- How do you create a multiplayer scenario in the first place?
- Why are so many multiplayer scenario's on ee-heaven in the form of the .ess format (save game)?

Hope you guys can help me out!

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Re: Help creating a multiplayer scenario

Post by lightnessking. »

abiasforwar wrote:Hello save-ee,

- What kind of triggers will allow you to choose, at the beginning of the game, which faction you will play?
- How do you create a multiplayer scenario in the first place?
- Why are so many multiplayer scenario's on ee-heaven in the form of the .ess format (save game)?
Hope you guys can help me out!
-edit- quote fix lol.

1) too many to list here, and i don't have to time to write it down for you at the moment. Remind me tomorrow.

2) You will need a template, template made by a specific amount of real-players, not bots. For a easy explained template tutorial (and more general scenario information) visit this forum page -> viewtopic.php?f=94&t=2313

3) Scenario's cannot be loaded in a multiplayer game if the extension is .scn, if someone wants to edit the scenario he simply has to move the file from Sierra\Data\saved games\gamename.ees to Sierra\Data\scenarios\gamename.scn
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Return to “Scenario Discussion”