Hosting

If you're having any technical difficulties with EE, or installing or using the lobby, make a post here and someone will try and help you out.
WWG68
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: WWG68

Hosting

Post by WWG68 »

I used to play EE online all the time many years back, then I drifted away from it for one summer, the next thing I know the entire server got shut down and I was in shock. Recently I found this lobby client and I'm looking to get back into the swing of things by playing often. I convinced my friends to play it and they love EE now too. The only problem is that I used to be able to host, and I can't now. I've followed the directions by opening my ports 33334-33336 and disabling the firewall, but still not luck. Is there something else I am missing? I've been able to host games in the past, and we can get by with just playing lan games, but I want to get some online action going again. Thanks for any help guys!
-WWG68

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Re: Hosting

Post by Captain Nemo »

Im not expert in the subject, but u can try to check active DMZ, I need that in order to host... But if you have a dynamic IP theres nothing u can do (except change ur internet connection). Other than that, u can play without hosting, if u ask nicely in lobby for a set (an actively played set) people often host up.
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

if you got teamviewer i can help you tomorrow.
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Trichome Indica
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: ΤŖĪÇĦŐΜĔҗ Į ŊĎįċą җ

Post by Trichome Indica »

Hello WWG, you may want to also check any and all Anti -Virus programs you may have running
ie: Norton, Mcafee etc. by making sure you have them " allowed access " for Empire Earth.
Hope it works one way or the other :mrgreen:
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

WWG68
Forum Noob

Post by WWG68 »

Thank you so much for the replies so fast guys! I don't know what active DMZ is or teamviewer, but I turn off my Anti-Virus programs (AVG). From what I know AVG doesn't block certain programs, but I can always check. I'm not too computer savvy so I'm not 100% on what a dynamic IP is or how to tell if I do have a dynamic IP. haha. Once again thanks for all the help so far and in the future.
-WWG68

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

WWG wrote:Thank you so much for the replies so fast guys! I don't know what active DMZ is or teamviewer, but I turn off my Anti-Virus programs (AVG). From what I know AVG doesn't block certain programs, but I can always check. I'm not too computer savvy so I'm not 100% on what a dynamic IP is or how to tell if I do have a dynamic IP. haha. Once again thanks for all the help so far and in the future.
Teamviewer is an application which allows others to take over the mouse and keyboard of your pc. (Ofcourse, you can start a session whenever you want, and close it whenever you want.)
So if were in a session, I can check if you configurated your settings correct for hosting EE.

http://www.Teamviewer.com for download.

WWG68
Forum Noob

Post by WWG68 »

lightnessking wrote:Teamviewer is an application which allows others to take over the mouse and keyboard of your pc. (Ofcourse, you can start a session whenever you want, and close it whenever you want.)So if were in a session, I can check if you configurated your settings correct for hosting EE.

http://www.Teamviewer.com for download.
I have Teamviewer downloaded, just let me know when you have the time to check if everything is set up the right way. Thanks dude.
-WWG68

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

login to the lobby and contact me (>Heros<=LightnessKinG*).

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

fixed ;-)

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

spam bot alert. lol

Darkalliances
Novice Member
Lobby Username: Darkalliances

Post by Darkalliances »

What did you do to fix it?

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

can't remember

WWG68
Forum Noob

Post by WWG68 »

I had someone take control of my computer and they were able to get the ports switched to the correct settings. It was just the ordering of the ports that was the problem for me. The program we used is teamviewer 7. fantastic program.
-WWG68

Darkalliances
Novice Member
Lobby Username: Darkalliances

Post by Darkalliances »

Well i did the whole port forward thing at my appartmet a couple years ago, worked fine. But now here i do the same thing and it wont let me host, i double check and triple check and i know im doing it the right way so i know there is some reason i cant host?

WWG68
Forum Noob

Post by WWG68 »

Unfortunately I'm not the best one to ask about this kind of stuff. I understand it to the point where I can not screw it up on my own, but fixing it is a totally different thing. The only thing I had to switch was the computer that the ports were being forwarded to from the router. I had the ports written the incorrect way so that needed to be changed over, but I also designated the ports to the wrong IP address (was running off of my desktop before then bought a laptop. I'm not too sure what the problem could be, but I'm almost positive someone on here could help you and solve whatever the problem is. Talk to lightnessking, he's the one who changed my settings on my router to allow me to host. I'm sure he'll help you.
-WWG68

Return to “Support”