I can only host once!

If you're having any technical difficulties with EE, or installing or using the lobby, make a post here and someone will try and help you out.
-Bekky-
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: -Bekky-

I can only host once!

Post by -Bekky- »

Hey,

i've been trying to host for a while now, come as far that i can host a game once, after that has been started it is still possible for everyone to join my next games, but i cannot start them.
restarting ee, internet or complete pc doesnt help at all.
for some reason i am able to host again a few hours after i have started the first game or sometimes if i am lucky directly after the first game, but only with different people.

the ports are forwarded, tried turning off the firewall, windows defender and antivir but the problem stays the same.

does anyone have a solution for that or can at least explain why this happens? would be rather nice to be able to host properly.

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Re: I can only host once!

Post by Ghost »

-Bekky- wrote:restarting ee, internet or complete pc doesnt help at all.
Does "internet" mean you've tried restarting your router? If everything is configured right and you can do it once then there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to do it again. If your router has a problem with incoming traffic then restarting it can be a quick resolution. If that has no effect then you can try plugging straight into your internet modem to see if it works ok. If not, then you have an issue with your ISP.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

-Bekky-
Forum Noob

Post by -Bekky- »

What I meant was disconnection from the internet and connecting again, but as you say it, i've tried restarting the router as well, which doesnt help, just as switching from Wifi to cable didnt help as well.
Unfortunately i can not plug in to the modem only because it is integrated into the router.
I am pretty sure everything is confirgured correctly, so i guess i have to accept not being able to host, unless someone has another brilliant idea what might help.
thank you anways

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

I've found most ISP provided or off-brand routers to be unreliable. I'd ask my ISP to come replace it with different, modem-only model and then buy my own router. That's just me though.. if you play on a laptop you might want to try it on someone else's connection to make sure it's nothing wrong with your computer's configuration. That way you'll know for sure it's your router/ISP
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

-Bekky-
Forum Noob

Post by -Bekky- »

Well, even though that might help, I think getting a modem only- model is not worth the effort for me.
Havent tried it on someone else's connection yet, but about 2 years ago I did host games with this laptop with the same kind of router and I havent really changed any confirguration.
Might try hosting somewhere else next anyways.

Return to “Support”