Enable/Disable autoattack from Towers

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
Lancelot5
Lobby Username: Lancelot5

Enable/Disable autoattack from Towers

Post by Lancelot5 »

Hello,

alll u guys know the problem "OMG U GAY U KILLED MY HUNT WHY RUN ARROUND MY TOWERS" which u sometimes cant avoid when u attack anyone that towered his hunt. It would be nice to have a button which allows players to change between autoattack and no attack.

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Re: Enable/Disable autoattack from Towers

Post by Arntzen »

Personally if I see someone has towered their hunt I'll take advantage of this and do this trick. P2 has to many rules anyway. If you have problem with this you:
A) tower more agressivly so the tower dont hit the hunt.
B) dont tower but leave army there
C) tower hunt but leave most of army there so they cant do this trick

Again this is my opinion, some players wont allow people intensionally do this and will kick the person after or w/e. I just feel pre has to much crap people can cry about..
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Lancelot5

Post by Lancelot5 »

Yeah i also know these methods u listed. It would be just nice to have a button so its requires little more micro and noone can cry anymore because he lost some hunt.

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

What wud have been cool is a "test shoot" for all ranged units (like what you have on balista and arty), being able to make a f11 botton so no one can attack before the set time, make game mods like "brainstorm" or "my name is methos", able to use ur own name in scens, able to check/uncheck tributes before game, uppgrade the graphichs of the game to HD, make a replay-program that saves all ur games and make u able to watch them after the game, LADDER, make buildings that are burning loose hp over time, make stupid cits who stops walling/wcing for no reason, and make citz not wall themselfs in, make a "pick civ before the game starts" option or atleast make u able to use hotkeys for picking civs, make a unit called "Witch" available in the early ages able to heal someone and after 1 f11 get burned by priests, make computers not cheat and make all the tabs observers have on sc2 available for observers in EE..

All this sounds nice but also alot of work or impossible :-)

Lancelot5

Post by Lancelot5 »

Yes but if Ghost really create a Ladder system maybe some little changes of EE are possible too. Other good idea for towers would be a gamemode where they cost population. So that each tower cost maybe 1 pop or so.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

you can make most of your ideas in a scenario :p
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

P-51
Epic Multiplayer Scenario Team Member
Xfire: p51p51
Lobby Username: «•FRMB•»P-51

Post by P-51 »

People that complain about killing animals are whiney bitches that deserve to be ignored anyway.

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

P-51 wrote:People that complain about killing animals are whiney bitches that deserve to be ignored anyway.
I'm normally against rules. But when a strategy/trick is too strong and it can not be fixed in a patch or countered, then they are needed.

Examples of rules I'm against:
"No reli" cuz one temple will change it all..
"No doubleing" cuz thats just teamwork..

Examples of rules I'm for:
No ak in p2n
No minewall in p2s

Both of these are smart strategies and very effective, BUT they completely destroy those setting. Call the setting crap and start playing a new one, or make 1-2 rule(s) and the setting is back to being as good as it used to be.

Elite
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: Elite

Post by Elite »

If people would refrain from playing like faggots, such rules would not be necessary.

There hasn't been a spoken "no ak" rule in eec pre for years, yet no one does it because everyone recognizes what it does to the game.

P-51

Post by P-51 »

Yeah but I find it hilarious that the same people who whine about no animal killing are the same people who call us faggots for playing mid dm without religion and siege. Animal killing is defendable if you decide to care about your hunters. |2micro

Lancelot5

Post by Lancelot5 »

you can make most of your ideas in a scenario :p
Dont know anyone that play scenarios. I am also not a fan of them.
There hasn't been a spoken "no ak" rule in eec pre for years, yet no one does it because everyone recognizes what it does to the game.
As i know that rule has always been existed. But i dont play that long compared to most.
Animal killing is defendable if you decide to care about your hunters. |2micro
Its not possible to stop someone from killing hunt.

But here the topic is about towers that kill hunt. Just write if u would like to have such button and also the reason for. The same if u dont need it.

P-51

Post by P-51 »

Lancelot5 wrote:
Animal killing is defendable if you decide to care about your hunters. |2micro
Its not possible to stop someone from killing hunt.

But here the topic is about towers that kill hunt. Just write if u would like to have such button and also the reason for. The same if u dont need it.
You can use armies, walls, and towers. It depends how you use them and it isn't that difficult if you make it a priority. If you don't make it a priority to defend your hunters then you shouldn't be bitching about people killing your animals because you deserve it.

No the button would be silly. It would make no sense to disable attack on a tower. Its whole purpose is to stop enemy units from going through.

Lancelot5

Post by Lancelot5 »

You can use armies, walls, and towers. It depends how you use them and it isn't that difficult if you make it a priority. If you don't make it a priority to defend your hunters then you shouldn't be bitching about people killing your animals because you deserve it.
Against good players u wont have hunt anymore between f11 5-7. The possibility to stop auto attack
from towers is more an Idea for pre games. Other sets arent that much depended from hunt...
No the button would be silly. It would make no sense to disable attack on a tower. Its whole purpose is to stop enemy units from going through.
Yes they for stopping units that going through. Sometimes just nice to be able to stop their attacking when u see only few hunt left end enemie attacking ur towered hunt may leads to losing ur whole spot.
For guys that dont need such button nothing wont change.

P-51

Post by P-51 »

I don't understand what you are talking about. Towers don't attack animals.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

P-51 wrote:I don't understand what you are talking about. Towers don't attack animals.
If you have a few towers around your hunt and an enemy clubman runs through, then the tower will try shooting that clubman which also will sometimes hit your hunt.
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Return to “EE General Discussion”