Changing default settings in random maps

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
breascil_imreoir
Novice Member
Lobby Username: Tiarna Limistear

Post by breascil_imreoir »

Hi all. I'v been playing for a long time against the computer. I have some of the EE1 tools like a hex editor and EE unit. I'v have many questions. First, how do change the default settings on the random map screen? I'm tired of setting the same thing again and again. Thanks.

LacRimoSa
Epic Multiplayer Scenario Team Member
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] LacRimoSa

Re: Changing default settings in random maps

Post by LacRimoSa »

I doubt that this is possible, however you could, as an alternative, play via lan/direct connection. There, the setting stays the same as your last game, even if you restart ee.

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Yeah you can just go into Multiplayer/Other Multiplayer and then host a game and add computers. It will keep the settings there and is the same as doing single player.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

breascil_imreoir
Novice Member

LacRimoSa wrote:I doubt that this is possible, however you could, as an alternative, play via lan/direct connection. There, the setting stays the same as your last game, even if you restart ee.
Alpha 1.5 from EE heaven games changes the defaults for empire earth(basic). It doesn't setup right. It's meant for an earlier version of empire earth. Starts workers at 20. It's an exe installer. So, I can't tell what files it changes. If someone could figure out what it changes.
Ghost » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:20 pm
Yeah you can just go into Multiplayer/Other Multiplayer and then host a game and add computers. It will keep the settings there and is the same as doing single player.
Thanks, that will work. :)

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

I just thought that maybe it's not remembering settings because you're on EE 1.0 and haven't gone up to the 2.0 patch. I just booted up my game and it remembers settings on the Random Map screen, you just have to re-add computers and change starting citizens. If you're on EE 2.0 already then host and start a game with computers in multiplayer and it will then remember them in the single player screens.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

breascil_imreoir
Novice Member

Hmmm, this is the GOG version. They have had problems with games not being updated. I'll check it out.

breascil_imreoir
Novice Member

This is about changing the database. So, I'm starting another topic for gog vs standard version.

>I just thought that maybe it's not remembering settings because you're on EE 1.0 and haven't gone up to the 2.0 patch. I just booted up my game and it remembers settings on the Random Map screen, you just have to re-add computers and change starting citizens. If you're on EE 2.0 already then host and start a game with computers in multiplayer and it will then remember them in the single player screens.

Your talking about EE-basic(not AOC)? I tried that. I couldn't get it to work. I can't computers to add. Do I need to install the lobby client?

On the bought version EE2.0 doesn't save settings. I tried it. ??

eeralf_
Nemesis
Lobby Username: eeralf

Post by eeralf_ »

sry maybe my english to bad for all understand,

my problem is when i will always play againts 7 comps with 20 Citz, and my color is pink, and all Comps are team 2, so damn, i must always set it

why dont remember the f..k software it
(its so easy too programing, this Part is better in Age of EmpireII)

Settings should always saved, and maybe in diffrent files so i can upload my induvidualy settings

sry my english today

LacRimoSa
Epic Multiplayer Scenario Team Member
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] LacRimoSa

Post by LacRimoSa »

Simply Play via direct Connection. The Settings are saved their.

Return to “EE General Discussion”