Version differnet from host

If you're having any technical difficulties with EE, or installing or using the lobby, make a post here and someone will try and help you out.
loch ness monster
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: Loch Ness Monster

Version differnet from host

Post by loch ness monster »

I re-bought EE and AoC today after leaving it in 2008 when the server was shut down. I bought it from direct2drive.com and therefore have no CD. I have not join any direct connect games. I have tried updating with limited success. EE says it is v 2.0 but AoC is still 1.00 no matter if I use the lobby update or the official Sierra updates. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling as the prompt suggests yet this is to no avail. I can not reinstall without the no CD crack since it was streamed from online.

I suppose I could go digging for my original EE and AoC disks but I would rather not unless I have no other options. Any suggestions?

(To any «{Co}» reading this, I'm back)

Thanks,
Loch Ness Monster

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Re: Version differnet from host

Post by Ghost »

AoC will always be version 1.x, just FYI. The official updates only affect the EEC version number.

We play with Omega's patches, and with those the version numbers will be 2.00.6345 for EE and 1.00.1063 for AoC.

I mostly understand what you've tried to do but it's hard to give you a proven answer. I'm also not entirely sure how Direct2Drive works, but if it's essentially just a digital copy of the CD then you'll be in good shape.

Here's what I would do:

Assuming you still have the game installed and everything from your last attempt....

Open up the Save-EE Lobby and log in. At the top, hit the "Patch" button, then in the window that appears, hit "Auto-Update". This actually fixes most problems since it does a lot of checks and will proceed with only the needed steps to get you to the versions I mentioned above. Just let it do its thing, and if it asks you to do anything just follow the instructions (should be entirely automatic in your case).

If there are any complications in this process, stop now and seek additional help, or play with the buttons in the patch window some more (if you do it in the right order it might work out, whatever you might get lucky or something).

If you want, you can hit "Get EE 2.0/AoC 1.0 No-CD Crack" buttons so then you probably won't need any D2D stuff. It makes a backup of your current game EXEs in their folders so you can revert them if need be.

If that doesn't work, then uninstall both games, do fresh installs, then do everything I said above.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

loch ness monster
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: Loch Ness Monster

Re: Version differnet from host

Post by loch ness monster »

Did the fresh installs as you suggested at the end and I'm fairly certain I got it to work.

Thank you for the help.

Return to “Support”