"new" vs "known"

For more details on what is considered abuse or cheating, please visit this topic. Then, make a topic with the information we require (as stated in the guidelines).
Neandertal
Lurker

"new" vs "known"

Post by Neandertal »

So I knock the dust off of EE after about 5 years and am very happy to find this service you provide that allows us to play online....well, almost. I can't get a game. Every game I go into people ask if I'm "known" or they just outright boot me. Admittedly, my game isn't where it used to be but I know how to play, I've played this game since the day it came out. I've had donators to the lobby boot me for not being "known".....ironic as it seems they are paying money they would be more eager to expand the community.....so before I uninstall a bit of advice......let "unknown" people play a few games before making judgements.....most of the people who take the time to track down this servie are probably those who used to play the crap out of this game and are looking to revive it

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Re: "new" vs "known"

Post by lightnessking. »

Neandertal wrote:So I knock the dust off of EE after about 5 years and am very happy to find this service you provide that allows us to play online....well, almost. I can't get a game. Every game I go into people ask if I'm "known" or they just outright boot me. Admittedly, my game isn't where it used to be but I know how to play, I've played this game since the day it came out. I've had donators to the lobby boot me for not being "known".....ironic as it seems they are paying money they would be more eager to expand the community.....so before I uninstall a bit of advice......let "unknown" people play a few games before making judgements.....most of the people who take the time to track down this servie are probably those who used to play the crap out of this game and are looking to revive it

The reason people kicking out new players is because 1) They will die fast, so in a 4v4 for example, it's automaticly a 4v3.

2) If they don't die first, they will let you die and later ingame die themself, so its a 4v2.

I personally also kick people who I don't know because it's either a new person who doesnt know how to play, or a smurfer who is trying to stack the teams and play an unfair game. (on gameranger new people always ALT F4 on loss).

Usually after you played a few games and people notice you are becoming better they'll allow you in their games, but that requires time and experience.
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

It is unfortunate that many players who host make these types of assumptions, but these days it only seems like the community is getting smaller and smaller. It's almost uncommon that you run into old players and not all the time does everyone know them.

Letting an "unknown" player in your game is taking a huge risk, especially when it is a team game (as said before). Because their skill is "unknown" it can very easily ruin what could potentially be a "good" game.

If you try to be talkative in the game lobbies, then your screen name will catch on quickly and it will become easier for you to get into games. Because you haven't played in so long, it's as if you were a newbie on some other game. It may not feel like it to you, but it looks like it to everyone else. Just take your past experience as a starting point and try to explain that to other players. Eventually you will run across someone who is willing to get you up to speed so you can enjoy the game like the rest of us.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

P-51
Epic Multiplayer Scenario Team Member
Xfire: p51p51
Lobby Username: «•FRMB•»P-51

Post by P-51 »

Yeah this lobby's been going downhill for years, its sad but I wouldn't bother with it at this point. Everyone is a pre-space elitist that won't pay attention to anybody they aren't familiar with.

ben55

Post by ben55 »

I have no problem with new players. I have a problem with new players who expect seven other people to cater them rather than listen to what they need to do to make the game enjoyable for everyone and not just themselves. I won't kick a guy who is trying to learn/sociable, but I will kick a noob who ignores advice and isn't sociable, since they bring nothing to the game, but a handicap to one team.
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible"!"

Fraktardo
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: King Noobachadnezzar

Post by Fraktardo »

Ban all noobs. I believe it is a just decision.
"fortune favors the butt pickers"

d-dog
Lobby Username: Cold Fusion

Post by d-dog »

lightnessking wrote:
Neandertal wrote:So I knock the dust off of EE after about 5 years and am very happy to find this service you provide that allows us to play online....well, almost. I can't get a game. Every game I go into people ask if I'm "known" or they just outright boot me. Admittedly, my game isn't where it used to be but I know how to play, I've played this game since the day it came out. I've had donators to the lobby boot me for not being "known".....ironic as it seems they are paying money they would be more eager to expand the community.....so before I uninstall a bit of advice......let "unknown" people play a few games before making judgements.....most of the people who take the time to track down this servie are probably those who used to play the crap out of this game and are looking to revive it

The reason people kicking out new players is because 1) They will die fast, so in a 4v4 for example, it's automaticly a 4v3.

2) If they don't die first, they will let you die and later ingame die themself, so its a 4v2.

I personally also kick people who I don't know because it's either a new person who doesnt know how to play, or a smurfer who is trying to stack the teams and play an unfair game. (on gameranger new people always ALT F4 on loss).

Usually after you played a few games and people notice you are becoming better they'll allow you in their games, but that requires time and experience.
sux that u put all that time and experience in this game, and u r still bad.
COLD FUSION COLD FUSION COLD FUSION COLD FUSION
BEAR_ BEAR_ BEAR_ BEAR_ BEAR_ BEAR_ BEAR_ BEAR_
D-DOG D-DOG D-DOG D-DOG D-DOG D-DOG D-DOG D-DOG

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

sux that you maybe played 1 or 2 times with me 2 years ago.

Random
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: Random

Post by Random »

I didnt play for 8 years signed on with a completely different name than i used to play with and i had NO problems getting into a game, so it might be you :p

Cliver
Lurker
Lobby Username: MacMillan

Post by Cliver »

:ncool: I am sorry I just know a little English and i really don't know what are you saying

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

google translator will help ya :-P.

sporaTiK
Intermediate Member

Post by sporaTiK »

If you see me hosting a game feel free to join. I don't kick new ppl unless there are 7 other great known players which doesn't happen much these days.

Elmer Fud
Novice Member
Lobby Username: «{Co}» Elmer Fud

Post by Elmer Fud »

I agree 100% with the one who posted this. 1'st I'd like to say WELCOME BACK! 2'nd I'd like to say this is just a game! And some people "previous posters who kick new or unknown players" should realize that it's just a game! If the 4v4 turns into a 3v4 then a 2v4 guess what? IT'S JUST A GAME! Next game, let the player who was new and not on the same skill level know politely that you all checked out his skill and agree that he needs to play with a beginner game.

Kicking new players before you see thier skill level, is stupid. It's not the type of community we are promoting here! We want new players! We need new players! The more players we have, then the more hosts we'll have! Not all can host! Me for example... I can't host! But if I could and when I did, I didn't kick new players, we just tried to ballance teams a bit better. You MID players and EEC players like a stacked game anyway! But most on AOC enjoy evening the playing field and allowing all in our games, atleast most of us!

So New players... download the Art of Conquest... and come learn the art of PRE to SPACE! You're welcome in most of our games... unless it's a rematch! Then we'll let you know politely!

HAVE FUN! and....... SAVE-EE!

Return to “Report Abuse or Cheaters”