MAC

If you're having any technical difficulties with EE, or installing or using the lobby, make a post here and someone will try and help you out.
Nighthawk
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: Nighthawk

MAC

Post by Nighthawk »

Is it possible to run the server and EE-AOC on mac?

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Re: MAC

Post by Ghost »

Unfortunately no, because they are specifically designed to run as a Windows application. The lobby definitely wouldn't work because it's dependent on .NET Framework 2.0, and even if you do get that installed on an OS other than Windows, it still wouldn't work right.

You would have to use something like Boot Camp to install Windows on a Mac machine, and then boot into Windows to install, run, and play EE. I've never had success with running EE on a virtual machine, so dual booting is really the only way.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

Extrawelt
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Extrawelt*

Post by Extrawelt »

Ghost wrote:... I've never had success with running EE on a virtual machine...
and you'll probably not have in the next 10 years since they'll never implement a proper 3D acceleration

Wizo
Advanced Member

Post by Wizo »

Ghost wrote:
You would have to use something like Boot Camp to install Windows on a Mac machine, and then boot into Windows to install, run, and play EE. I've never had success with running EE on a virtual machine, so dual booting is really the only way.
Ghost, do you know if this is possible? I got a mac, running xp via bootcamp on it and installed ee + aoc and I can't play them. EE was possible with the first patch (I think 2.1 a if I'm right), but after installing the latest patch, I recieved a runtime error after starting either single player, or multiplayer mode. I'd love to get help on this topic.
"Nobody's invincible, no plan is foolproof
We all must meet our moment of truth"

Wizo
Advanced Member

Post by Wizo »

anyone can help me?

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

It's probably a graphics driver issue. I'm not familiar with the actual hardware that is in Macs and finding Windows drivers for that hardware.

I know Apple products are all the rage these days but if PC gaming is one of your hobbies then IMO it's a very poor decision as a consumer to buy a Mac.

Unfortunately a topic such as this will need an answer from someone with a little more expertise and that is something that I simply do not have.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

Wizo
Advanced Member

Post by Wizo »

Ghost wrote:It's probably a graphics driver issue. I'm not familiar with the actual hardware that is in Macs and finding Windows drivers for that hardware.
I'll try to then. This still helped me since I had no idea where the problem could be actually. Maybe on the mac bootcamp cd there's a driver or something.

I know Apple products are all the rage these days but if PC gaming is one of your hobbies then IMO it's a very poor decision as a consumer to buy a Mac.
Well you're absolutely right here. But that's none of my hobbies. Apart from EE I never really got into a pc game.

Return to “Support”