Hello.

If you're having any technical difficulties with EE, or installing or using the lobby, make a post here and someone will try and help you out.
adler234
Lurker
Lobby Username: ScreamEaglesJon

Hello.

Post by adler234 »

Hello; My name is john.
I'm here looking for a way to setup Empire Earth for the Youth organization I work at. I am looking for a easy and safe way to set up around 100 to 200 computers to play Empire Earth (AOC) with each other across several different locations. This would bring in about 300 to 400 different users during the day time. How well would this software accommodate such a spike in users and what licensing/copyright issues will come up? I hope to set this up on 15 computers tomorrow morning. I would also like to be a modderator if possiable.

Thank you for your time and help!
Screaming Eagles forever!

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Re: Hello.

Post by Ghost »

Our server should be able to handle an increase of that amount and would be perfect for playing games over the internet. Our software is free to download and use, so you won't have any issues from us. The game itself would still be subject to copyright, so you might want to be careful there.

The only problem that might be presented is if you have many computers on a single LAN that you want to use to play this game, you'll have trouble with hosting games. The system we use requires you to use port forwarding in order to successfully host, and on the same LAN that means only one computer could host. Furthermore, EE's direct connect system only allows people on the same LAN to join others' games, meaning you can't host an internet game and also have someone on the same LAN join it.

Regardless of whether or not you use the LAN feature or something else, anyone is welcome to use our lobby.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

Moo
Spam4food

Post by Moo »

Woah that sure is a lot of people, Well The download link is right here for the game --> viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1206 To pacth the game you need the lobby's pacth tab, the download link is at the front page, The setup guide --> pages.php?p=ee-setup I hope you have enough 1GB or greater Flash Drives to run around and install this on each computer, or if your on a network then you can have everyone log in to the same account so that way you only need to install it once. I hope you have good luck setting up all that :thumbsupl:

CusTomm
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: CusTomm

Post by CusTomm »

I could translate to german if you want me to.

Return to “Support”