Razer THX Mako 2.1 Sound system

For all the off-topic discussion, nonsense, spam, or whatever you want to call it. Post it all down here. WARNING: Entrance may result in drop of IQ.
CusTomm
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: CusTomm

Razer THX Mako 2.1 Sound system

Post by CusTomm »

Yes many people asked me because of my Save-ee profile picutre. This speakers are the Razer THX Mako 2.1's, a sound system which a market price of 399€-499€ , depense .

The sound system i bascially unbeatable atm.

The Razer Mako™ 2.1 bi-amplified multimedia speaker system is co-developed by the audio scientists of gaming audio leader Razer™ and audio industry pioneer THX Ltd. It is the first desktop speaker system to incorporate the THX Ground Plane™ and THX Slot Speaker™ technologies, as well as ClassHD™ Digital Amplifier Technology, which enable rich, omnidirectional audio effects that will redefine the desktop sound experience.
The gaming audio is so amazing , the speakers are able to produce so many sounds same time without mixing them up.
I had the Logitech 5.1 sourround system which was ehm ... a joke againt the Razer's ?!
Obviously the market price of the Logitech 5.1's is only on about 85€. I think there is no better one for this price.
So if you search a new sound system : Razer THX Mako 2.1 !!!! :!:

inola
Nemesis

Re: Razer THX Mako 2.1 Sound system

Post by inola »

I use Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 which are a few years old and id run them against anything. It's crazy how loud they go clear crisp highs low deep bass which is a must for hip-hop and they are THX certified :)

Their not $225+ speakers like razor I actually bought them broken for $30 off craigslist I changed a fuse and that was it they've been working ever since.

PeLlE
Nemesis
Xfire: thepelie
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Pelie

Post by PeLlE »

I'm happy with my Bose Companion 3 II 2.1. Bought it pretty cheap for 210€ because my old Logitech 5.1 system (yes I ahd one too ^^) kept recieving radio signals :/
But I have to admit my speaker looks less futuristic than urs :P

By the way in my oppinion Logitech is pretty good for people who want to spend less on speakers.
dreamwalker: i already clearly stated for all the english people that i dont play here
eeralf: ======???????????
eeralf: dont undersstand say it in street language
dreamwalker: fam mans already said im not gwarning wid yo shit on dis ting

CusTomm
Advanced Member

Post by CusTomm »

I dunno about the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1, i have never tried it.
But in my opinion it is too old to still be on the same level, because audio systems made a big step forward during the last few month in my opinion.

For example my Logitech 5.1 sourround was quite good and played loud musik on a high quality, but when it came to more sounds same time like music, gaming , sykpe ringing you just had the worse quality.

An other advantage is that the Razers are compatible with 2 devices same time , i can have them on my CD players and on my Computer ( Which i wont do because i have my JVC's there ) and i can still add speakers from other companys, so I could still add to speakers of my old Logitech 5.1 and place them somewhere else in my room.

Trichome Indica
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: ΤŖĪÇĦŐΜĔҗ Į ŊĎįċą җ

Post by Trichome Indica »

lol @ self amplified plastic speakers.......... Sure they look nice and shiny and all but....
My pc is pumped straight throght a Harman Kardon hk770 amp and a H.K. 725 pre-amp. On the speaker side I have a pair of Advents which are straight out of "that 70's show" They are equipped with 12'' woofs and liquid cooled tweeters, cutting edge for their time. Additionally I have a pair of Fluance SM 938 b on channel "B". NO system would be complete without subs. Here I have wired up a "autotec" 10'' enclosed sub , a leftover from my van. Powering this is a Rotel RMA-90. I found this little amp in the garbage and when adjusted correctly, is a thumping old amp. This is the system that I have pieced together to run my PC from various components I have lying around the house.
NOw realy you cant compare plastic speakers to this equiptment , but I just thought I'd add to this post. Cheers :cheers:
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

CusTomm
Advanced Member

Post by CusTomm »

Blah blah , thats not what you need on a computer because all this eqipment is desgined for playing one piece of audio max. 2.
I have JVC speakers which give a louder sound than you will ever hear in any disco , on a fricking high quality, I mean this speakers are giant in size and price :mrgreen: , but I would never ever put them on my computer , because thats what they are NOT designed for , and thats what this Topic is on about , you can bascially put any speakers on your Computer, but computer speakers are not called computer speakers because they fit on your desk :P

Like i said before if they are good / they are designed for a clear sound and playing many audios same time.

P.S. Your whole system wont kick my JVC's :roll:

Trichome Indica
Global Moderator

CusTomm wrote: The sound system i bascially unbeatable atm.

For plastic, self amplified PC speakers you could be right, however the potential to recreate sound isn't limited to plastic, self amplified speakers. OMG have you ever heard a plastic sub when it gets pounded :thumbsdown: Its the worst sound ever. I have long ago gravitated away from those CRAP plastic speakers and turned my PC into a second audio/visual centre. Now I am in no way critisizing those speakers as I have never heard them, I am however challenging that statement that they are unbeatable as a sound sytem. Rock On !
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

CusTomm
Advanced Member

Post by CusTomm »

No , the RAzers are a igh quality material, and there is NO option to plastic for computer speakers, you cant have wood speakers anymore, they stoped producing wood speakers for computers 2004 I think. So really the plastic of the Razers is not influencing the sound at all. The weight of the main speaker is at about 10-12kg, no vibration while playing sounds.

I know from my Logitech 5.1 that logitech is producing shit , the speakers are light plastic / noob plastic, and the speaker vibrate from the bass , sound fails if it is getting really loud.

Wood speakers are only floor-stand speakers, or speaker+Cd player, from what I know.
And again Floor-stand speakers are speaker for a CD player / for musik audio, but not designed for many audios same time , like computer speakers

P.s : Most speakers you find in discos are plastic as well , there is nothing wrong with GOOD HEAVY plastic.

CusTomm
Advanced Member

Post by CusTomm »

FACTS about RAzer THX Mako 2.1 :

Frequency Range : 25- 20,000Hz (+/- 2.5dB 40-18,000Hz )

Number of channels : 6x50 Watts ( Power amplifier ) + 2x (2x50) , ( Satellites)

Total Power : 300 Watts for the Power amplifier ( Without any intervention, up to 10 audios same time. Tell me another Speaker doing this.... )

Tweeter ( Satellites): 19mm (3/4 in) METAL dome ( Of course metal dome , not like Logitech's )
Last edited by CusTomm on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Trichome Indica
Global Moderator

The reproduction of sound has no limits. Sure it would depend on many things such as room, space, money and equiptment but ; to say that audio equiptment is limited to this application or to that application is somewhat naive. I mean these small , plastic speakers were obviously created to provide audio in a very small room, or to be used because of limited space on your desk or something like this. But who says this is the limit ? My sound card has given me the opportunity to use my pc as a second home stereo and I canott understand, or detect these "limits" that you say "larger" speakers have ? You say "1 or 2 audios" but i realy dont know what that means exactly. Little pc speakers are great for their little purpose and all I am saying is there is more, way more beyond that. Have an open mind and get a real system :tongue:
btw- is that a 4" sub ? lol

CusTomm
Advanced Member

Post by CusTomm »

Ehm Indica I have JVC speakers for 6000€ ( Had to say the price now ) for my Cd players which pown every Disco stereo. So I do have a good stereo in my room as well.

And I dunno if you realised that if you play 300 Watts right in front of your face, your hears will freak out , but okay. You wont go over that at home, maybe for 5 minuts than you will have ear pain ( What I wanna say, the Razers are VERY loud ) . And I am sure your system makes the better sound there , playing one loud piece of music.

But whats going on if Sykpe rings , you mix 2 music pieces, Lobby whisper sound , Msn message, humans speaking. Your speakers are not designed for such things , and will convert this into 1 or MAX 2 audios , and play all these audios as 1 or 2 maxium ;) And there I am 100% sure.

While my Razers will play these as 10 different audios clearly out that you can filter the different sounds. That is the differents between my littel shity 399€ euro Razers and your expensive equipment. ( This got nothing to do with your sound card in your computer )

( Keep in mind, I know what I am talking about I have a simliar system like you with my JVC's, while your probably never tried the Razer's ;) )

And again , plastic got nothing to do with the sound produced.

CusTomm
Advanced Member

Post by CusTomm »

FULLY build out of plastic inside.
Attachments
Speakers
Speakers

inola
Nemesis

Post by inola »

CusTomm wrote: Number of power channels : 6x50 Watts
Where did you find this spec? it says on razor site the the satellites get 50 rms each which leaves 200 rms for the sub woofer that would be 2x50 1x200 3 channel amplifier.

CusTomm
Advanced Member

Post by CusTomm »

-EDIT- Got mixed up with the Power amplifier and the Satellites

The Power amplifier is the 6x50 watts

And the satellites is 2x50 watts with the Littel tweeter 19mm ( 3/4 in ) metal dome.

peow130
Noob @ Everything

Post by peow130 »

Wanna know whats cool about having a sound system hooked up to your computer?
NOTHING.
SlipKnoT wrote:swords are 30 u idiot.

Return to “The Basement”