Back to No Patch Empire Earth

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
DJay

Back to No Patch Empire Earth

Post by DJay »

Poll removed because *someone* was making dummy accounts to spam votes.
Sincerely,
-Management

Hello.

I am writing this thread to show how the Patch keeps away people.

I don't say the patch is bad nor is it good.
I want to say that EE was good in that way it was without the patch and people put in disk installed it and so they started to play.
That changed with the patch.
Many people just don't want to patch their game cause they still want to play with other people via hamachi etc.
I met many people who would join the Lobby but don't do that because of patching their game.
EE would be much more fun with more people. Don't ya think?

To show the Admins that we don't need the patch please vote!

Tank you very much.

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Re: Back to No Patch Empire Earth

Post by Omega »

Poll created as requested.

I would like to again point out (as I did in a whisper conversation with you earlier) that:

1) You couldn't just install and play even without the patch now, and you couldn't with EEC before the server was shut down either. Now, you need to install the Direct Connect Patch at the very least (for EE and Aoc), and you needed to install the 1.0 to 1.4 patch and 1.4 to 2.0 patch to play Empire Earth pre-server-shutdown (and you still need to install both of them, since only the people on GayRanger use version 1.0, which got updated for a reason...).

2) It's extremely simple to have multiple copies of EE, allowing people to use as many systems and as many patch combinations as they like, completely unhindered. There's a guide on these forums on how to do it, and we will help anyone who asks in the lobby or on the support forums do it as well.

As such, #2 is the only thing that can be keeping people away (since, you CANNOT just install and go play games anymore), and the only people it can be keeping away are the extremely lazy who aren't willing to spend the few minutes, tops, that is required to run multiple game versions without issue.

X warrior411
Nemesis
Lobby Username: X Warrior411

Post by X warrior411 »

So you whine in the lobby for everyone to switch to the old one...

plus you even have people, you just want it to change for w/e reason.

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Well for one you aren't even specifying which patch you are talking about. Most if not all Hamachi players use v1.0 and all GameRanger players use v1.0 of EE. The Save-EE Lobby REQUIRES that you install the 1.0.4.0 and 2.0 updates for it to even work. And, people who use those systems don't play really play AoC.

So for EE, no matter what we do, your game version will still be different from people who use other systems and you will still need to have two copies of the game if you want to play them both regularly.

I understand that some people might not like the new patches. Personally, I'd like to use the patch that completely eliminates the Tributes & Alliances screen, and I wouldn't mind going back to vanilla EE v2.0 and AoC v1.0, but what we have now is working well.

To me, it seems like you're just looking for something to bitch about. Please think harder about your argument before posting it.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

DJay

Post by DJay »

Ghost wrote:Well for one you aren't even specifying which patch you are talking about. Most if not all Hamachi players use v1.0 and all GameRanger players use v1.0 of EE. The Save-EE Lobby REQUIRES that you install the 1.0.4.0 and 2.0 updates for it to even work. And, people who use those systems don't play really play AoC.

So for EE, no matter what we do, your game version will still be different from people who use other systems and you will still need to have two copies of the game if you want to play them both regularly.

I understand that some people might not like the new patches. Personally, I'd like to use the patch that completely eliminates the Tributes & Alliances screen, and I wouldn't mind going back to vanilla EE v2.0 and AoC v1.0, but what we have now is working well.

To me, it seems like you're just looking for something to bitch about. Please think harder about your argument before posting it.
I can't say that you are wrong. I also have thank you to make a installer like that, which I think wasn't that easy.

But I still think that really more people will come.

Most people i saw playing on gamerange were about 10.
I have see much more playing over hamachi with sierra patches. (Btw the Sierra patches were included on my install disk which will solve serveral problems to update to 2.0)

One more think why the patch should go is that mods do not actually want to help people with their problems. E.G. Windows 7 and Autopatcher. I had serveral problems with it and i didn't realy find a solution for it. I also had to help other people because they didn't get help with that. I think that mods will get rid of much work with helping strange failures and game versions.

X warrior411
Nemesis

Post by X warrior411 »

Why would more people come to Save-ee if there was no patch? Instead of whining about the patch, go out into the big world and advertise and get more people in here (Thanks Pelie).
I have see much more playing over hamachi with sierra patches. (Btw the Sierra patches were included on my install disk which will solve serveral problems to update to 2.0)
What's better, 10 people with no form of control on cheating, A number of people you didn't specify using Hamachi that can only hold 12-18 people(With no form of cheat control...), or an easy to use lobby that can provide more players then you can shake a stick at,same style as the old lobby, and with admins and moderators?
One more think why the patch should go is that mods do not actually want to help people with their problems. E.G. Windows 7 and Autopatcher. I had serveral problems with it and i didn't realy find a solution for it. I also had to help other people because they didn't get help with that. I think that mods will get rid of much work with helping strange failures and game versions.
That would be more suited for the Support Forum if your having issues installing.

DJay

Post by DJay »

X warrior411 wrote:
Why would more people come to Save-ee if there was no patch? Instead of whining about the patch, go out into the big world and advertise and get more people in here (Thanks Pelie).
What's better, 10 people with no form of control on cheating, A number of people you didn't specify using Hamachi that can only hold 12-18 people(With no form of cheat control...), or an easy to use lobby that can provide more players then you can shake a stick at,same style as the old lobby, and with admins and moderators?
That would be more suited for the Support Forum if your having issues installing.
are you a stalker?

X warrior411
Nemesis

Post by X warrior411 »

'View New Posts' :thumbsupr:

Shade
Novice Member
Lobby Username: edahs

Post by Shade »

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

OwnageDJ wrote:One more think why the patch should go is that mods do not actually want to help people with their problems. E.G. Windows 7 and Autopatcher. I had serveral problems with it and i didn't realy find a solution for it. I also had to help other people because they didn't get help with that. I think that mods will get rid of much work with helping strange failures and game versions.
I fail to see any post in the support forum about such topic, and when it comes to getting their game updated, I help all those who ask for it.

The EE itself, the Lobby, and the Patcher program are 100% compatible with XP, Vista, and 7 -- 32-bit and 64-bit -- and I know this because I've tested it on all of them. I've programmed TONS of unique error messages into the Patcher that tell you exactly what the problem is and sometimes even how to fix it. It should be very simple to figure out the solution. If you can't, all you have to do is tell me what the message says and I can easily troubleshoot the error.

You also need to remember that the Moderators don't always have the answers. They aren't required to. They do their best to help with the knowledge they have. Not even us Admins have all the answers. Regardless, any errors you get with software should be directed to me if you can't get a solution. I'm the one that programs them and I know exactly how they work.

And for the record, I voted for the second option. I like having at least some, although not perfect, counter-measures for cheating.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

DJay

Post by DJay »

Ghost wrote:
OwnageDJ wrote:One more think why the patch should go is that mods do not actually want to help people with their problems. E.G. Windows 7 and Autopatcher. I had serveral problems with it and i didn't realy find a solution for it. I also had to help other people because they didn't get help with that. I think that mods will get rid of much work with helping strange failures and game versions.
I fail to see any post in the support forum about such topic, and when it comes to getting their game updated, I help all those who ask for it.

The EE itself, the Lobby, and the Patcher program are 100% compatible with XP, Vista, and 7 -- 32-bit and 64-bit -- and I know this because I've tested it on all of them. I've programmed TONS of unique error messages into the Patcher that tell you exactly what the problem is and sometimes even how to fix it. It should be very simple to figure out the solution. If you can't, all you have to do is tell me what the message says and I can easily troubleshoot the error.

You also need to remember that the Moderators don't always have the answers. They aren't required to. They do their best to help with the knowledge they have. Not even us Admins have all the answers. Regardless, any errors you get with software should be directed to me if you can't get a solution. I'm the one that programs them and I know exactly how they work.

And for the record, I voted for the second option. I like having at least some, although not perfect, counter-measures for cheating.
its not the failure with your patcher.
its the failure of the os and the uac.

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

OwnageDJ wrote:its not the failure with your patcher.
So, this is basically all down to you not figuring out that you need to run it as an administrator OR not realizing you can disable UAC entirely?

DJay

Post by DJay »

Omega wrote:
OwnageDJ wrote:its not the failure with your patcher.
So, this is basically all down to you not figuring out that you need to run it as an administrator OR not realizing you can disable UAC entirely?
the first thing i do when i installed windows is that i turn off uac

SlipKnoT
Nemesis

Post by SlipKnoT »

there is too much shit here for me to read so meh.. i have like 4 different versions of EE its simple to do this and u can play anywhere u like. these patches were the result of long hard work to improve the quality of gameplay that we so needed and craved for years. so for u to come question it all is pathetic. fuck off.

DJay

Post by DJay »

SlipKnoT wrote:there is too much shit here for me to read so meh.. i have like 4 different versions of EE its simple to do this and u can play anywhere u like. these patches were the result of long hard work to improve the quality of gameplay that we so needed and craved for years. so for u to come question it all is pathetic. fuck off.
what did the patch actually improve?
you still can c**** and g*****.
you still cab mass siegetowers and tcs.
imo the patch gives many troubles to the noobs and the people that just want to play on a weekend with friends.

Return to “EE General Discussion”