Buildings
* Cost Reduction

Economy
* Gold Mining

Civ General
* Pop Cap 15%

Field Cannons & Anti-Tank Guns
* Range

Try to hit your enemies eco with the first 2 Ca. If you recognize that they're going..

..Swords rush : Hit his ironmine as often as u can, but don't loose Ca. Don't attack with an army lower than 10 units. The point is to stop the swords production of your enemy and to be prepared for a "big attack", cus they'll gather many swords and attack with many swords at once.
If your enemy is fullwalled and you aren't able to hit his eco, hit his swords with your whole army
continously to lower his armysize. There are some swordsplayers which are smart and hide some swords near your base to attack you if your whole army is outside the base that means that you've to be prepared for it.

..Swords + Expansionism : Same thing as vs Swords rush but stop his boom by killing citz. Try to mix your ca with persian cav to kill single ballistas of your enemy.

..Ca rush : The better your micro is, the higher is your chance to win vs your opponent. Mix Ca with cataphracts or swords to kill your enemy if he intends to get ballistas, since you haven't got ballistas range and your enemy might have. You can also try beating him with pure Ca but I wouldn't recommend it against more than 3 ballistas.

..Ca + Expansionism : A fast rush + good eco kill can beat your opponent. If you fail to stop your enemy from booming get cataphracts to kill ballistas cuz your enemy will mass them.

..Knights w/o Expansionism : Shouldn't be a big deal since Ca counters knights.

..Knights w/ Expansionism : Prevent him from mining gold and producing ballistas since Knight Boomers can get them really fast (F11 ~00:04:00). Your advantage over your enemy is that knights suck vs Ca and while your enemy's trying to mass ballistas his knight's output will be suffering. In this case add some Cataphracts to kill his ballistas while your Cavarchers are hitting your opponents knights.
Last edited by Absolutely on Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:01 am, edited 3 times in total.

Hello0
Lobby Username: GoG_hΣ||øØ

Re: [M]iddle sh Cav archers [not finished yet]

Post by Hello0 »

sehr geistreich ...
I am sweet.

coW_
Basic Member
Lobby Username: coW_

Post by coW_ »

youre not gonna get anywhere with a rush using wood cutting xD

simple_faith
Nemesis
Lobby Username: simple_faith

Post by simple_faith »

coW_ wrote:youre not gonna get anywhere with a rush using wood cutting xD
That's what you think

taco
Civ Nazi
Lobby Username: taco

Post by taco »

i hate to agree with cow but its more or less true, early game u have plenty of wood as u should b only using a 2 ranger start anyway, midgame resource management can give u more then enough wood and late game gold is also more benifical, as u have plenty of forests, and little mines, doing all u can for that extra gold. conviently it will also give u enough points for bali range. which is a bare essesity for a slut civ imo. as a trick card for ca boomers which will mix bali early to counter u.

10010 1111 10
Nemesis

Post by 10010 1111 10 »

Agree with Taco about swapping wood for gold and bali range. Though I'd go 3 Ranges (but we've had that discussion before).

taco
Civ Nazi

Post by taco »

lol bin i eventually ended up folding, to ur way anyway lol. i use a 3rax start usually. except i dont have ca btd in that civ(with ca btd i think 2 rangers is sufficent, even tho i think its not that useful since the following civ > it after 5f11). instead of ca btd i have both gold and wood. with bali range. building cr btd. standard ca ups. pretty sure its the civ u posted ages ago bin, even tho i cant b bothered finding it to b sure.

Absolutely
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: GoG_AbsoLuteLy

Post by Absolutely »

I agree to your facts.

I call this a rush civ which i often use for eec games since i want to end a game fast without getting bali.
This civ don't have any bali ups because u have wood instead of goldmining.

With wood you can get many archery clubs in a short time.

taco
Civ Nazi

Post by taco »

i guess it comes down to what u prefer, imo gold mining is easily the stronger choice. but some ppl find that being short on wood the worst thing on the world. and rather then change the way they play completly wc may b the better choice.
as to what ur saying, its hard for me to understand how u could finish a game early without goldmining in civ. a slut civ with goldmining will produce more ca have more ups in civ to aid them later on. thats just my look on things. a few extra rangers arnt bad, nor are the wood u get for houses etc. except its not helping all that much mili wise. which is were u seem to want to focus on, since u are trying to finish the game early.

Absolutely
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: GoG_AbsoLuteLy

Post by Absolutely »

Cav archers cost more wood than gold. I can also get more gold by populating a settlement with woodcutters. Only problem for me are long games or getting other units which cost gold.

ben55

Post by ben55 »

non civ upgraded wc bonus is still faster than civ upgraded gold bonus in gathering rates i believe if not they are equal i think, also you get 6 cits per gold, compared to the near infinite you can put on wood. gold is just a much more logical choice IMO
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible"!"

h0llygh0st
Basic Member
Lobby Username: [Apathy]_h0llygh0st™

Post by h0llygh0st »

I actually got foraging in my civ, and gold mining. It gives me a nice boost earlier on and allows me to also use the civ for dragoons because I'm lazy... >_>
Music Made Addict, Music is the New Religion.

Hello0
Lobby Username: GoG_hΣ||øØ

Post by Hello0 »

LoL holly =D

i dont know what u have against this civ =/
as far as i tested it..it worked fine vs sw rushs and vs cav..

but ye the only problem is if u cant finish the game fast and siege gets into the game..ur fucked :shock:

the game shouldnt last longer than f11 15-20 with this civ =/
I am sweet.

taco
Civ Nazi

Post by taco »

no skilled game shouldnt b finished b4 15f11. imo. no offence hello but u dont put my mind at ease with u testing it against swords and ca.
i think we can all agree that if a civ was capable of finishing a player b4 15f11 every game, it would of been used by every1 by now.
what i have against the civ just seems like common sense.. to me at least
the idea is there, and its on the right track for a slut civ, it may even b that he is quite skilled with this civ, rather then a normal ca slut. which is good for him. however i personally think the lack of gold and other mili ups will b the downfall to this civ and having wood is just an excuse for bad eco management.

coW_
Basic Member
Lobby Username: coW_

Post by coW_ »

simple_faith wrote:
coW_ wrote:youre not gonna get anywhere with a rush using wood cutting xD
That's what you think
what I think?
I think after 3 years of using almost pure ca in mid sh, I know just about everything there is to know.
Unless you're some god, actually even if you're witchking, you're not gonna be able to pull off some crazy ca rush unless you really can multimanage everything that fast (i.e. not losing a single ca while keeping the pressure on). good luck doing against someone with ca and using btd.

And even more good luck when they get a bali at f11 6.

Return to “Standard - High (SH)”