EE crashing when trying to start a game

If you're having any technical difficulties with EE, or installing or using the lobby, make a post here and someone will try and help you out.
firewolfneo
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: firewolf

EE crashing when trying to start a game

Post by firewolfneo »

So everytime I go to start a random game or a campaign game EE just quits with an error

I have Windows XP, a Geforce 8800GTS. I just updated the drivers to the 8800 before i reinstalled EE. I was getting this error last time i tried playing it a year ago and was the main reason why i stopped playing. I have reinstalled 5 different times using my CD, ultimate, a friends files and another source i cant really remember right now.

I have also tried to change my resolution, use a no-cd crack and the cd itself, tried it using different versions of the game and yet i still get this same error.

Ive spent the better part of 2 days trying to correct this to no avail. any help would be awsome

Sexacutioner
Nemesis

Re: EE crashing when trying to start a game

Post by Sexacutioner »

ok no one has responded to you yet, the only thing i can think to do is slow your card down through your bios settings, it may be to high of a card to run an old game like ee, maybe someone else will give some other info, if not try that, if it dont work then post again and someone should get back to you or ill have to research everything O_O

firewolfneo
Forum Noob

Post by firewolfneo »

Well the thing is I was able to play in a direct connect game earlier today but I still get the error in single player... so it isnt that my card is to fast cause it would effect multiplayer as well... so i dont know what it is

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

You can try replacing your Low-Level Engine.dll file with the one in this download:

http://www.eeaoctraining.com/fixes/EE%20Dlls.zip

Sometimes it fixes errors, sometimes it doesn't.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

firewolfneo
Forum Noob

Post by firewolfneo »

had already tried that :/ to no avail unfortunatly :(

Sexacutioner
Nemesis

Post by Sexacutioner »

think you have an odd out of date error which has prob been fixed but the site no longer exists so its gonna be a hit/miss type thing, so many possibilities and to many to try and fix, if you can get the exact dll error then google it and find a SAFE site to dl the fix, it seems every low dll error you google will bring up an ee problem so there has to be a fix soemwhere, you just have to make sure you trust where your getting the shit from, if SP is what you really want to play

Return to “Support”