Always shows "Host got another game versio"

If you're having any technical difficulties with EE, or installing or using the lobby, make a post here and someone will try and help you out.
SelvA
Forum Noob

Always shows "Host got another game versio"

Post by SelvA »

Well I installed EE then updated to 1.4 and 2.0. Then i ran the Lobby which updated it to 2.1d Omegas patch! but I got 2.00.7674 instead of 2.00.5366 or something like dat slippy said! someone help me to fix that Please?
I already uninstalled and reinstalled: no change! seems like auto update doesnt really work for me...

Sexacutioner
Nemesis

Re: Always shows "Host got another game versio"

Post by Sexacutioner »

go to add remove programs, or if you have a disk put it in, select uninstall it will bring up the ee installer at which point you choose to repair, it will bring it to the correct version

SelvA
Forum Noob

Post by SelvA »

Well. Thank you for that tip. I tried so... but I still got EE 2.00.7674... soo no change... idk what to do... I want to play again ^^

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Find your \Sierra\Empire Earth\Data\db folder, delete it, then install Omega's patch again by going to the Patch tab and either hitting Auto-Update or also try Force Patch Update along with Copy Files To Install Directories.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

SelvA
Forum Noob

Post by SelvA »

I fixed the problem... i just had to do everything manual coz the auto updater always made me to 7674 for a reasy that idk ^^ problem is fixed ;D SelvA is back to EE and proud to be back to zero clan =D

InBoundKill Joy
Lurker

Post by InBoundKill Joy »

i have the same issue i did all that and it still says host has a different version

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

On the main menu, look in the top left corner and tell us what the version number from there is (vX.XX.XXXX)
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

SlipKnoT
Nemesis

Post by SlipKnoT »

i spoke to this guy for over an hour. he eventually got it right up until 2.00.3446 aka 2.0 then he sed he restarted game and it went back to x.xx.2059. then he sed he updated with omegas and it went to 4059 or something similar. its a very odd problem.

Sexacutioner
Nemesis

Post by Sexacutioner »

he needs to repair game then not run the patch update anymore and it will be fine, mine does the same thing so do a mass amount of others that i have had to do that too, manually patching, deleting and repatching works sometimes but not always

opozzum
Lurker
Lobby Username: penor

Post by opozzum »

I am sorry for digging this thread, but this has to be said:
I just registered on this forum after hours of trying to install my game on my computer (and my gf's). We did everything correct, but whenever I started my game a 2nd time, the version went from 6345 back to 2059 (or something).
I've read multiple threads about people having the same issue and most "solutions" were, that they had to reinstall the game because they did something wrong..

Just do what Sexacutioner said and it will stay at version 6345 and you'll be able to play it with anyone.
Thank you very much :)

Return to “Support”