Empire Earth Multiplayer?

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
Vastra
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: Vastra

Empire Earth Multiplayer?

Post by Vastra »

Recently Downloaded EE and there is a problem with Multiplayer connection via the Internet.
As in EE cannot connect to Sierra.com
I am not surprised as i have tried as well and Sierra.com doesnt appear to exist online.
Is this why Save-EE.com was created / Am i on the right track here?

I also get a message saying that my Firewall may be preventing connection.
Am investigating how to turn off my Firewall meanwhile i leave this message hoping that someone can throw some light on this subject please. :(

Edit by admin:
If you have arrived here via a search engine, some of the methods mentioned in this topic about setting up online play have changed. Please follow our guides which can be found via the navigation menu to the left.

10010 1111 10
Nemesis

Re: Empire Earth Multiplayer?

Post by 10010 1111 10 »

Vastra wrote:Sierra.com doesnt appear to exist online.
Is this why Save-EE.com was created / Am i on the right track here?
You hit the nail right on the head, Sierra no longer supplies a server for Empire Earth or its expansion. So yes, that's exactly why Save-EE was created. In order to play online, download and install the Save-EE Lobby found at:
pages.php?p=21

Also, make certain you have installed any patches you may not yet have installed. You can find them at:
pages.php?p=26

Many people who have downloaded EE from other sites often have difficulties adding patches because of some file orientations differences. If you have any problems, and even if you don't I'd still recommend doing this, uninstall EE and delete all EE folders/files, then download and install the free EE Unlimited package found at: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1206
It includes both EE and AoC as well as all patches and instructions on how to install everything.

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

I wouldn't go so far as to uninstall everything because I know some people have had success with digital download copies of EE. Just make sure that you have the 1.0.4.0 and 2.0 updates, as well as Omega's patch (all of which can be found on this site). On EE's main menu in the top left corner you can find a full version number. It should say "v2.00.5366" after all patches.

The message about not being able to host, everyone gets that message now after the Sierra servers went down, but you still may not be able to. If you have a router, make sure ports 33334, 33335, and 33336 are open and forwarded to your local IP, both UDP and TCP protocols.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

Vastra
Forum Noob

Post by Vastra »

Thanx Guys.. most helpfull .../ I have now dowloaded the Lobby and the two patches and now i get this message:- Init Failed -unable to locate master servers please check your internet connection.

PeLlE
Nemesis
Xfire: thepelie
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Pelie

Post by PeLlE »

You forgot to add the patch coming with the lobby. CLick on patch on top of the lobby client and apply this one too
dreamwalker: i already clearly stated for all the english people that i dont play here
eeralf: ======???????????
eeralf: dont undersstand say it in street language
dreamwalker: fam mans already said im not gwarning wid yo shit on dis ting

Vastra
Forum Noob

Post by Vastra »

The Patch with the Lobby? / i have the Lobby now but do not have a patch option? / Does Lobby have another page that i have to access?
The number at top left in the main EE menu is V2.00.3466 and not V2.00.5366 as you say it should be.

Ghost
Administrator

Post by Ghost »

Ok, first I'll tell you how to get everything finished, then how to join games.

To get to 2.00.5366 you have to download and install Omega's patch (LINK: http://www.eeaoctraining.com/fixes/EE%2 ... 0Omega.msi). When asked for an installation directory, make sure you have the right one entered. I say this because downloaded versions tend to be different from the normal default. You can find out where your directory is by clicking on the Patch tab in the Save-EE lobby and hitting auto-detect directories.

After that, open up the Save-EE lobby and click on the "Patch" tab at the very top and click on "Apply Direct Connect Patch." This patch allows you to join games via Direct Connect.

Now, you get the master servers error because quite simply, there are no master servers. You must click on "Other Multiplayer" in the bottom right and go to the Direct Connect tab. For a detailed guide on how to join games, follow this link: pages.php?p=24#6

Vastra
Forum Noob

Post by Vastra »

Thanks Ghost...maybe one day i shall have the skills to do all of that but for now as far as i am concerned, EE is sold 'unfit for purpose'
I have tried all of the above remedies but all to no avail.
May i suggest Ghost that if u can do it then maybe u should opperate a 'Remote Assistance' whereby u take control of my Computer Remotly and do the neccesary upgrades.
i for one would be happy to pay for such a sevice as i really rate EE Graphics and game Style and have not found an equal of the game.

PeLlE
Nemesis
Xfire: thepelie
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Pelie

Post by PeLlE »

How about you ask any admin/mod the enxt time you're on the lobby? I bet someone will be able to help you
dreamwalker: i already clearly stated for all the english people that i dont play here
eeralf: ======???????????
eeralf: dont undersstand say it in street language
dreamwalker: fam mans already said im not gwarning wid yo shit on dis ting

SlipKnoT
Nemesis

Post by SlipKnoT »

we do use remote control already. ive done it a few times with ppl. its really not that complicated...

Vastra
Forum Noob

Post by Vastra »

Thanx Guys...I have set up 'Windows remote Assistance' no problem.
All i need is an email address to send a Remote Assistance invite to, with my password, and so long as we are online at the same time (pre arranged) there should be no problem.
I am in England so GMT is my timezone.

Ghost
Administrator

Post by Ghost »

Just send me a message on MSN or AIM, contact details are in my forum profile.

Return to “EE General Discussion”