Cod Modern Warfare 2

Talk about other games -- past, present, and future -- in this forum.
inola
Nemesis

Cod Modern Warfare 2

Post by inola »

Good game in my opinion I'm about half finshed. Multiplayer 9v9 is noobie shit, It takes the hectic out the game anyone that has played pc multiplayer of cod4 knows what I'm talking about. Who knows it might be good untill I try it I don't know.

peow130
Noob @ Everything

Re: Cod Modern Warfare 2

Post by peow130 »

I played some spec op co-op yesterday on my friends Xbox 360. The game is pretty fun imo.
Haven't had the chance to go MP, my xbox 360 is RROD'd at the moment...
SlipKnoT wrote:swords are 30 u idiot.

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Great storyline for the campaign, I won't spoil anything.

For MP the maps are so much more in-depth than CoD4 and it's definitely a bit more of a challenge to learn them. I like the changes to perks and weapon attachments for the custom classes. I think it's very well rounded.

Team Deathmatch is limited to 12 players on the 360, but it's still fun. Sometimes when you have noob teammates they keep spawning and dieing at a small chokepoint and the only way out is to run by yourself around the entire map to flank. By the time you get to the enemy and kill them, your team has already lost the game for you :| .

I've only played one of the Special Ops missions, but I heard that a few of them are sick for co-op, like the snowmobile race and the one with the AC-130.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

inola
Nemesis

Post by inola »

I just finished the single player part I would have to say it's my favorite release even tho it's a very short game $60 for 5 hours. Story is good and good missions.

Graphics are good, Windows 7 was bitching about low memory after 20 minutes of playing so it was either turn page file on and deal with that trash or restart the game every 20 minutes. I tried the pagefile it was lag heaven as I thought it would be.

I actually have 6gb ram, I installed 32 bit w7 few days ago gaming wise it sucks. I run everygame at max settings 1920x1080 cod mw2 was using 1.9gb and windows sees 2.75gb w7 boots at 600mb I guess after 20 minutes it used what ever was left. I might run dual boot 32/64 :/

peow130
Noob @ Everything

Post by peow130 »

Ghost wrote:Great storyline for the campaign, I won't spoil anything.

For MP the maps are so much more in-depth than CoD4 and it's definitely a bit more of a challenge to learn them. I like the changes to perks and weapon attachments for the custom classes. I think it's very well rounded.

Team Deathmatch is limited to 12 players on the 360, but it's still fun. Sometimes when you have noob teammates they keep spawning and dieing at a small chokepoint and the only way out is to run by yourself around the entire map to flank. By the time you get to the enemy and kill them, your team has already lost the game for you :| .

I've only played one of the Special Ops missions, but I heard that a few of them are sick for co-op, like the snowmobile race and the one with the AC-130.
The spec op mission in "Alpha" where you have to covertly get through the snowy valley is really fun..

Nola, why did you get 32bit windows 7?

inola
Nemesis

Post by inola »

Because no Jet OLEDB 4.0 in 64 bit plues I bought a new motherboard and had to format anyway so I went 32 bit. I'll probably switch back in a month or two and figure out how to use WOW64.

peow130
Noob @ Everything

Post by peow130 »

Ah, i see.

taco
Civ Nazi
Lobby Username: taco

Post by taco »

mp is great. but thats coming from some1 who was a fan of the original modern warfare.

inola
Nemesis

Post by inola »

taco wrote:mp is great. but thats coming from some1 who was a fan of the original modern warfare.
Original as in console or pc? they are two different worlds multiplayer wise. I don't like the multiplayer it's to much like a console game. (9v9)
Personally I'm waiting on Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3 I'm sure battlefield 3 will conquer all :)

taco
Civ Nazi
Lobby Username: taco

Post by taco »

xboxlive/console

peow130
Noob @ Everything

Post by peow130 »

Played MW2 on PS3, the graphics are stunning on high def.
The MP is still a bit buggy, but otherwise it's pretty fun.
I managed to scrape 9 kills in one game lol.

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

9? That's it?

So far my highest killstreak is 16 and I think the most I had in one round was ~25. On CoD: WaW I had one freakish team deathmatch round when I had 41 kills (high streak of 13) and 12 deaths. I was the only person on my team with a positive K/D ratio lol but obviously we still won it.

And yes, all of those numbers are from playing on Xbox 360, not PC.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

ben55

Post by ben55 »

on modern warfare, I had 62 KS, 81-3 game it is on my xfire screenshots rokphobia wasn't cheesed or against anything stupid well bog is stupid but the players were decent and it was like 10v10. Cod4 was fun but on PC it was AK-47, or AK74u wars. Really not a great gun variety since on PC lag was to present to make the M16 viable in league matches. The MP5 was nasty, but AK74u was even nastier if you had any common sense not to just spam relentlessly. The only sniper used in league was the r700 and m40 mainly because they were balanced nicely, shame that dragonov and barret blow balls, and the m21 is like insanely overpowered. I might get mw2 doubt it though since I probly won't play it enough to make me feel like I got my money's worth.

As for console never played it only thing I do is sports games on consoles.
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible"!"

Moo
Spam4food

Post by Moo »

._. I Played Yesterday with My Friend >_> the game is okay but its kinda too Colorful i almost had a seizure yesterday O_o

peow130
Noob @ Everything

Post by peow130 »

Ghost wrote:9? That's it?

So far my highest killstreak is 16 and I think the most I had in one round was ~25. On CoD: WaW I had one freakish team deathmatch round when I had 41 kills (high streak of 13) and 12 deaths. I was the only person on my team with a positive K/D ratio lol but obviously we still won it.

And yes, all of those numbers are from playing on Xbox 360, not PC.
i'd never played a ps3 prior to that, and prior to that, only played it on 360 in the spec ops missions

Return to “Gaming”