Game version error

If you're having any technical difficulties with EE, or installing or using the lobby, make a post here and someone will try and help you out.
Steelers501
Forum Noob

Game version error

Post by Steelers501 »

Hey everyone,

Me and a friend of mine have been trying to play EE together since last night. The main problem we are running into is that my friend cannot connect to anyone because he gets the error message "Your game version does not match the host's version". We also cannot connect to him for this same reason. My best guess is that it is because he is running Vista 64 bit rather than 32 bit but we honestly have no idea. We have tried running it in compatibility mode and many other things and after all patches etc, he cannot get into any games. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Re: Game version error

Post by Ghost »

Hi,
Attachments
vermatch.jpg
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

Steelers501
Forum Noob

Post by Steelers501 »

Thanks for the reply ghost. The thing is, we both installed the same exact programs and patches yet our numbers don't match. Does it have to do with different operating systems?

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Nope. Game version is determined ONLY by the updates and patches/mods.

You need to have all the same updates and patches, both official and unofficial. Also, if you have any mods installed, this effects the game version (technically, unofficial patches are mods too). If you think you might have any mods installed, then you should delete the :\Sierra\Empire Earth\Data\db folder. This will also remove Omega's patches, so if you wish to use his patch then you need to reinstall that.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

Steelers501
Forum Noob

Post by Steelers501 »

Thanks again ghost. I have no idea what is happening but I think we are going to give up. We each uninstalled it, and deleted the Sierra folder. We then reinstalled it along with the 1.4 patch, then the 2.0 patch, then omegas patch so we each 'should' have had version 2.00.5366. I have that version and he has 2.00.2159 after installing the same exact things. I think it has to do with him having Windows Vista 64 bit while I have Windows XP 32 bit. Most likely something in the root directory is being changed for him to have different versions throughout the same exact process. Thanks again for the help.

PeLlE
Nemesis
Xfire: thepelie
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Pelie

Post by PeLlE »

No. It has nothing to do with your operating system lol (look at ghosts post).
Maybe he or you fail to install omegas patch corretcly? Make sure that you install it into your EMpire Earth folder
dreamwalker: i already clearly stated for all the english people that i dont play here
eeralf: ======???????????
eeralf: dont undersstand say it in street language
dreamwalker: fam mans already said im not gwarning wid yo shit on dis ting

e-iu
Lurker
Lobby Username: e-iu

Post by e-iu »

I also happened to me in Win7 64. After multiple re-installations I found the solution: run the game as administrator.

Return to “Support”