Saved multiplayer game problems\data transfer

If you're having any technical difficulties with EE, or installing or using the lobby, make a post here and someone will try and help you out.
HellToad
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: HellToad

Saved multiplayer game problems\data transfer

Post by HellToad »

Hi, joined NeoEE not so long ago to play EE AOC with my friend, while playing my friend's internet got crashed so we wanted to keep playing from the autosave point, although we couldn't start a saved game because the data of the save wouldn't tranfser from the host to me, it just does not transfer at all and gets stuck at 0%.
also I don't know if its about the ports because they are already open as much as I know.

would really appreciate any help :)

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Re: Saved multiplayer game problems\data transfer

Post by lightnessking. »

You can try sending him the datafile via skype or any other data transfer service. Then he should put it in the saved games folder and you should be good to go.
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

lightnessking. wrote:You can try sending him the datafile via skype or any other data transfer service. Then he should put it in the saved games folder and you should be good to go.
This works.
Also if you want to be able to load save games in multiplayer without the hassle of having to send the file etc.. You could portforward (33334-33336 udp/tcp) and it is automatic. Only the host needs to have port forwarded.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

Arntzen wrote:
lightnessking. wrote:You can try sending him the datafile via skype or any other data transfer service. Then he should put it in the saved games folder and you should be good to go.
This works.
Also if you want to be able to load save games in multiplayer without the hassle of having to send the file etc.. You could portforward (33334-33336 udp/tcp) and it is automatic. Only the host needs to have port forwarded.
HellToad wrote: also I don't know if its about the ports because they are already open as much as I know.
But thank you for your input. :thumbsupl: :P :P :P :P
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Jodocus
NeoEE Developer
Lobby Username: Jodocus

Post by Jodocus »

lightnessking. wrote:
HellToad wrote: also I don't know if its about the ports because they are already open as much as I know.
But thank you for your input. :thumbsupl: :P :P :P :P
Oh his comment was not superfluous. Apparently, the port forwarding of the TO did not work, either because he hadnt used the right ports or one of thousands of other reasons.

HellToad
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: HellToad

Post by HellToad »

We both have the same file, it is an autosave one, will try that though ty :D

Return to “Support”