Rebellion, Empire Earth 4?

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Re: Rebellion, Empire Earth 4?

Post by Omega »

X warrior411 wrote:Graphics only help a game, making the graphics the best thing in the game is just asking for it.
It's only "asking for it" from the player's point of view. How does the company loose if they publish a game where the graphics are the best thing in the game, assuming people still buy it (and people really do)?
X warrior411 wrote:I'd say EE is the longest surviving RTS game...ever.
Hell, Warcraft can't touch it, infact, I played it, and it's a lot like EE, but with better graphics....meaning it sucked, I'd say they copied EE :wink:
I'd say you have never heard of this RTS game called "Starcraft". It has several years and several thousand players up on EE.
X warrior411 wrote:If Activision takes the 'Graphics over Gameplay' (or Graphic>Game) style from EE 2 and 3, it's going to suck WORST then EE 2-3.

Activision needs to get off their asses and look back at the classics to learn what's missing, too bad they're probably swimming in 1,000$ bills as I type this message. :?
You don't mean Activision, you mean Rebellion.

Anyway, if Rebellion takes that approach then Empire Earth 4 will be better than 2 and 3. Here's how I got there:

Empire Earth 2, aside from the graphics, is essentially utter trash.
Empire Earth 3, aside from the graphics, is essentially utter trash.
Empire Earth 4, aside from the graphics, assuming the approach you suggest, will essentially be utter trash.

Therefore, the only meaningful difference between them would be the graphics, and certainly if EE4 goes with the same approach, its graphics will be superior, making it a superior game. ;)

peow130
Noob @ Everything

Post by peow130 »

jws7688 wrote:rebellion, http://www.rebellion.co.uk/, actually owns rights to the game now. guess activision saw no future in the game.

i get the feeling you're all right and they'll disregard my email. worth a try anyway.
They took advice from the community with EE3, but they didn't follow through with it.
Talking with mwace after the EE3 thing, he said that half the time they didn't do anything the gamers wanted..
SlipKnoT wrote:swords are 30 u idiot.

Apple Pie
Novice Member
Lobby Username: Apple Pie

Post by Apple Pie »

The problem with most online games these days is there lobbys are total rubbish. If you can't connect with whoever you want, whenever you want, its no where near as fun. Playing against randoms is sooo boring, its the community which makes a game great online. I didnt even play EE2 offline, i went online saw it was shit and then took it back to the store (i don't pay for dirt).

But what you guys have said is correct, the companies who make games couldn't care less if people REALLY enjoy the game for years to come, its the initial $$$ from sales that makes them happy. Its not just gaming, its how the world runs!

Moo
Spam4food

Post by Moo »

Ghost wrote:Top 10 Reasons To Make EE4:
1. Money
2. Money
3. Money
4. Money
5. Money
6. Money
7. Money
8. Money
9. Money
10. Money
you forgot Money

Darth Nihilus
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: Darth Nihilus

Post by Darth Nihilus »

Acutally i do agree with Apple pie , because i bought some other strategie games and apart from the game itself is very good the lobby sucks, though. So i go there and get totaly bored , or also often the new games have a ranging system which is totaly idiotic , because you fucking get kicked form every game , and after 1 houre get kicked i am not even botherd to go in the games once more

X warrior411
Nemesis
Lobby Username: X Warrior411

Post by X warrior411 »

Darth Nihilus wrote:Acutally i do agree with Apple pie , because i bought some other strategie games and apart from the game itself is very good the lobby sucks, though. So i go there and get totaly bored , or also often the new games have a ranging system which is totaly idiotic , because you fucking get kicked form every game , and after 1 houre get kicked i am not even botherd to go in the games once more
If you don't like it leave it...

White Fang

Post by White Fang »

dannnnnnng cant find an email to email an email to them O_O but srsly if we could get them to make empire earth to be free to play we could ask sites like gameogre.com to put empire earth on their lists :D or others sites that have free game lists (p.s. are those ee dl links legal D:)
"TŖĪÇĦŐΜĔҗ ҜąžŤєř җ: fang's the most sexy offer"

JimBach
Forum Noob

Post by JimBach »

just found this link when i downloaded a random campaign on eeheavengams

https://www.gopetition.com/petitions/pe ... rth-4.html

aPetition to make Empire Earth 4

lool

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

Just imaginary I'm afraid.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

golfisfun
Novice Member
Lobby Username: golfisfun

Post by golfisfun »

I wish they would make a 4. I wish it was more like 1 though.

golfisfun
Novice Member
Lobby Username: golfisfun

Post by golfisfun »

I wish we could get a EE4 with more of a play style of EE.

Return to “EE General Discussion”