No Multiplayer saves possible?

If you're having any technical difficulties with EE, or installing or using the lobby, make a post here and someone will try and help you out.
Julius_Nepos
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: Julius Nepos

No Multiplayer saves possible?

Post by Julius_Nepos »

I and my son like EE-AOC Multiplayer using LAN games on a wireless network. I've created a 2-human players vs 2 computers scenario which we load and play. The first save or 2 work fine. Then the game decided to change the status of human player# 2 to "Observer". When this happens of course player# 2 can't play but can just watch all his units and buildings sitting there.

I've restarted the game from scratch but this ALWAYS happens. :evil: I don't recall if it happens also on a Random Multiplayer game.

Is there any way to fix this? The Observer Status is obviously a glitch of some sort but there is nothing even in the editor which can remove Observer status once it happens. Systems are a Windows-10 64 bit & a Windows-7 32 bit computers running EE-AOC from an install CD which then uses the no-CD patch.

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Re: No Multiplayer saves possible?

Post by Arntzen »

Make sure that you save the game while both players are still in the game. If you are the host and your son leaves the game, and THEN you save, he will be turned into a observer and cannot continue playing. This is the only reason I can think of that might be the cause of your issues with one player turned into observer in a save game.
Another option to be on the safe side would be to turn on auto-save (have the auto-save frequency on 5 or something low), so that the game automatically makes saves for you and your son. This way if it is a glitch, it's less likely that it will glitch on all those auto-saves.
Hope this helps! :D
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Julius_Nepos
Forum Noob

Post by Julius_Nepos »

Thanks but both computers are right here: next to each other. The 1st save done in 15" is okay but after some time; maybe an hour or so, all the saves go bad-- even the Autosaves. Either computer can save and both human players are still active in the game when the save is done. These are Autosaves as well as regular saves. I'm an engineer and have programmed in C, Fortran, and other languages, so am accustomed to troubleshooting computer problems.

It does appear to be a glitch. Now there is a box with an "Observer" checkmark in it, but there no way to restore the status of Player# 2.

Bogdan_xD
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: [FAME] Bogdan_xD

Post by Bogdan_xD »

you could take that save and modify the extension from .ees to .scn
Then move the .scn file into the Scenario folder.Once that done, enter the game, go to Tools->Scenario Editor

from there find the Players Tab, and you can play with the option and remake an observer a human.

Once that's done and you saved just load the scenario.
Streaming Empire Earth , mostly Islands F11 60 @ https://www.twitch.tv/bogdanx94

Julius_Nepos
Forum Noob

Post by Julius_Nepos »

you can play with the option and remake an observer a human.
Thanks for the suggestion but actually no. The Observer setting is locked and not even changable from the editor. Actually using the editor in this way is the only way you can load a scenario for Multi-player LAN games. LAN Multiplayer doesn't have a scenario load: only a saved game load. But you can change the scenario to a saved game and then the host simply loads that.

I've attempted to look thru the saved game files with a hex editor. Now there is a "cheatomatic" program which can be used to find the locations of various resources and once found, you can type in a new value for that resource. Sometimes it won't work with EE-AOC at all and sometimes it will.

I can try to use that to find the hex location of the "Observer" switch for Player# 2.

However, there should be some people here with insights on where to find switches in the save data files.

drex888
Lobby Username: Drex888

Post by drex888 »

I have never heard of an issue on multiplayer save :shock: try Neo tool "Save Game Modifier":
https://www.neoee.net/scen

Julius_Nepos
Forum Noob

Post by Julius_Nepos »

Just looked at the Neo Tool Save Game Modifier. Well actually I gave it 3 of the Saved Games and was able to deselect Observer status as well as an option for setting observer team to "-". I also renamed 2 of the modified saved games but kept one named "scen.ees" in case it doesn't like it. If it works, this does Exactly what I was hoping for: to change the Observer status back to real for player #2.

Yesterday I downloaded the file "EE Complete English 1.13 by xootle". This is an executable. I scanned it w/ Windows Defender & it found no problems.

I recall Ye Ole Days when you could only play Multi-player at a LAN Party as there was NO Internet. You could see the sun go down and all the lamp lighters come out as the street lamps were propane gas and not electric. Thus I took a different approach than many here; instead of joining an on-line community I decided to have my own son, whom I named after myself of course. Now after 8 years and 250K later, he is finally ready AND his favorite computer game is Empire Earth AOC.

Now if the LAN mulit-player saves don't work, I don't know what to do after all that time and investment? I really didn't want to have to send him to an orphanage or put him up for adoption, so this is why I'm really grateful for the Neo EE save game modifier.

drex888
Lobby Username: Drex888

Post by drex888 »

Julius_Nepos wrote:Just looked at the Neo Tool Save Game Modifier. Well actually I gave it 3 of the Saved Games and was able to deselect Observer status as well as an option for setting observer team to "-". I also renamed 2 of the modified saved games but kept one named "scen.ees" in case it doesn't like it. If it works, this does Exactly what I was hoping for: to change the Observer status back to real for player #2.

Yesterday I downloaded the file "EE Complete English 1.13 by xootle". This is an executable. I scanned it w/ Windows Defender & it found no problems.

I recall Ye Ole Days when you could only play Multi-player at a LAN Party as there was NO Internet. You could see the sun go down and all the lamp lighters come out as the street lamps were propane gas and not electric. Thus I took a different approach than many here; instead of joining an on-line community I decided to have my own son, whom I named after myself of course. Now after 8 years and 250K later, he is finally ready AND his favorite computer game is Empire Earth AOC.

Now if the LAN mulit-player saves don't work, I don't know what to do after all that time and investment? I really didn't want to have to send him to an orphanage or put him up for adoption, so this is why I'm really grateful for the Neo EE save game modifier.
That's really funny :D :D :D

Julius_Nepos
Forum Noob

Post by Julius_Nepos »

Tried the Neo Tool Save Game Modifier, however, no luck. This is the Multi-player Host Panel loading the saved game fixed by the "NeoEE Saved Game Fixer". I can see where you can supposedly uncheck "Observer Status", but player# 2 still has Observer status.

Actually, when you apply changes it downloads the save game as "scen.ees". If you go back and immediately reload that file, you'll see it then loads with Observer Status for Player# 2.

I'll try to attach a screenshot.

Return to “Support”