Civilization/reloadrate broken in unpatched AoC version

If you're having any technical difficulties with EE, or installing or using the lobby, make a post here and someone will try and help you out.
Neotje
Intermediate Member

Civilization/reloadrate broken in unpatched AoC version

Post by Neotje »

I just tried to play an unpatched AoC. I already had a version of AoC running, so I renamed the old folder and ran the installer in the "repair" mode where it repopulated all the files in the 'normal' AOC folder (from the EE-Unlimited installer, but I also installed from an original AoC CD).

Currently I am facing a couple of problems:
- I cannot reach the settings page (it causes a crash) -> I remedied this by fixing the settings through the register and setting same as NeoEE patch has

-The civilizations are screwed up. First the cost of the new AoC features (expansionism etc) went to unlimited cost after picking the first one, however in multiplayer they do not go up at all.

- It seems that reload times are totally overcharged, all my units seem to have a very high reduction in reload time, this causes things like cits to be unable to fire, and towers to be shooting like overcharged gatlingguns...

- I just got an OOS after playing through GR, this seemed to occur when I hunted, probably due to the ridiculous reload rate.

It is not directly NeoEE related, but here are a lot of people who know about EE here, so you might have ideas (additionally I think I have AoC running through the NeoEE patch, so I'm quite happy about that, although I think I will first check if that version is actually installed as it should :silent: ).

[Edit]
The problem might lie in the fact that in the "Empire Earth" folder, I have Neo-EE. I have another folder that I have called "Empire Earth GR", in which I have a gameranger version. If I rename these "Empire Earth Neo" and "Empire Earth" the game crashes when it starts loading the videos...

Neotje
Intermediate Member

Re: Civilization/reloadrate broken in unpatched AoC version

Post by Neotje »

I seem to have fixed it, at least in singleplayer it now works properly. My current setup is as such:
In my C:\Sierra\ I have 5 different folders:
\Empire Earth\ -> This is patched by the original 1.0.4.0 and the original 2.0.0.0 patch
\Empire Earth - NeoEE\ -> This is patched with the latest lobby patch
\Empire Earth GR\ -> Patched with the 2.2C patch that is common on game ranger
\Empire Earth - The Art of Conquest\ -> No patches, vanilla AoC installation
\Empire Earth - The Art of Conquest - NeoEE\ -> Patched with the NeoEE patch for AoC

This combination seems to allow to play both NeoEE and Gameranger for both the EEC and AoC :thumbsupl:

Neotje
Intermediate Member

Re: Civilization/reloadrate broken in unpatched AoC version

Post by Neotje »

Alright, after just trying to launch EE I got a crash on load. I seem to have fixed it by editing the Installed From Directory value in the "\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Neo\Empire Earth" registry key to the new folder where NeoEE is running. Otherwise I could not start EE with the launcher (although running Empire Earth.exe directly did work, but this does not use the full resolution in lobby and menu).

[Edit]
After testing a bit more, it seems that it was the map name change that did the trick. I seem to be able to launch once after changing the folder name, I have absolutely no idea how and why this is happening though...

Return to “Support”