Port forwarding for GR?

If you're having any technical difficulties with EE, or installing or using the lobby, make a post here and someone will try and help you out.
Hoody_
Novice Member
Lobby Username: Hoody_, [Arise] Blackhole

Port forwarding for GR?

Post by Hoody_ »

Hi, do I need to do a specific port forward for hosting EE on GR?

I have 33334-33336 tcp/udp forwarded for Neo and it works fine; I've been playing some GR games today with success but haven't tried hosting yet.

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Re: Port forwarding for GR?

Post by Arntzen »

Most people don't have to. They have kinda the same hosting that we got on NeoEE with the RIP hosting. Of course like the RIP hosting it doesn't work for everyone, so if you want to be able to host for all you should port forward 16000 tcp/udp.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Dr.MonaLisa
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: Dr.MonaLisa

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

GR uses uPnP to forward required ports. If your router supports uPnP and has it enabled, then you don't need to forward anything.
The newest version of NeoEE patch also supports uPnP.

I would suggest to NOT use GR, as it's not good for the Multiplayer community. It's better when the community is not split in multiple services. By using GR you support a program which requires installation of the flash player just to display their ads... Even the newest version of Google Chrome blocks flash player, because it's dangerous (a lot of security problems).
I'm not saying GameRanger is bad, it might help a lot of people to play old games, but since the EE lobby is back it's very, very pointless to use GameRanger.

Jodocus
NeoEE Developer
Lobby Username: Jodocus

Post by Jodocus »

Dr.MonaLisa wrote:GR uses uPnP to forward required ports. If your router supports uPnP and has it enabled, then you don't need to forward anything.
The newest version of NeoEE patch also supports uPnP.

I would suggest to NOT use GR, as it's not good for the Multiplayer community. It's better when the community is not split in multiple services. By using GR you support a program which requires installation of the flash player just to display their ads... Even the newest version of Google Chrome blocks flash player, because it's dangerous (a lot of security problems).
I'm not saying GameRanger is bad, it might help a lot of people to play old games, but since the EE lobby is back it's very, very pointless to use GameRanger.
This. Like buying products produced from rain forest woods will damage (unintentionally) the environment, you damage NeoEE by not using it. As I don't depend financially on NeoEE and made it out of pure fun, I do not mind if it disappears one day - I just don't want to be responsible for it. But if you want it to exist in future, you really should use it (and convince others to do so). GR has plenty of other games apart from NeoEE.

Return to “Support”