EmpireEarth Problems

If you're having any technical difficulties with EE, or installing or using the lobby, make a post here and someone will try and help you out.
_DavE_
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: _[eC]_DavE_

EmpireEarth Problems

Post by _DavE_ »

So... since the new patch has been released I have had major issues with my EE. My head is telling me that it isn't internet related seeing as my internet works fine on everything else on my computer and others in my household.

The strange thing is, is the morning of the new patch release my EE was working just as it was previously on the old patch. I go to the gym in the afternoon, come back and all of a sudden I have had mega issues..

1) Whenever somebody else hosts, I have constant trouble selecting cits and sending them to do whatever I tell them, constant deselecting of citizens and hotkey groups, nothing registers with anything that I do.. I even try and chat and I can type perfectly well, I hit send yet the majority of my messages do not appear on the chat...

2) Here's the strange part... When I host, I have no trouble selecting cits and telling them what to do, absolutely nothing, however WHOEVER my opponent is, their snail appears every 2-3f11 and it lags intensely, to the point of where you think they're going to crash out, only they don't.

3) The shortcut that gets created for the new resolution doesn't work. When I double-click it to open "CreateProcessValid:740" appears.

For the love of god can somebody help me...

**UPDATE** - Samuel helped me to get GameRanger to see if we could confirm that the problem lies within the new patch. I have just now played 5-6 MidSH games without any issues what so ever so surely the problem lies within the new patch????
Last edited by _DavE_ on Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Re: EmpireEarth Problems

Post by Arntzen »

If you don't want to play our final in the Mid tourney you can just say so. No need to make up these crazy excuses. :D

On a more serious note, this issue is strange. Never seen anything like it.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

_DavE_
Advanced Member

Post by _DavE_ »

I've been wanting to play this final for ages!!!!

This is crazy... I have no idea what's going on, I just played a game on sc2 flawlessly, so surely it is not internet related? Can't be...

RealForce
NeoEE Developer
Lobby Username: RealForce

Post by RealForce »

I have been trying to test your game (dave) but many times i could not..I dont know if it is your internet connection or my internet problem. Even-though my connection is fine as i can see.
So I am not sure what exactly is the issue since deselecting Citizens was very weird Issue which might be related as i thought to the mouse and graphics.
After reading your problems you are getting in this scenario,It is 100% related to your connection or something technical might Jodocus Knows about it.

_DavE_
Advanced Member

Post by _DavE_ »

Okay, Nothing has changed with my connection or with the servers.. I'm guessing it is something technical then... I am definitely no computer guru I can assure you that.. But I can't help but think that if my game runs smoothly and well on gameranger (and on the old patch) then something has clearly happened to my EE when installing the new patch? :(

Jodocus
NeoEE Developer
Lobby Username: Jodocus

Post by Jodocus »

It's hard to imagine that as the patch did not touch anything there. What I can do with you is replacing the old files of the former patch and see if the issue is gone, although I see no possible connection at all. If there is, I may be able to investigate further on it.

Do you have AOC? Have you tried there?

Return to “Support”