CD Key issue

If you're having any technical difficulties with EE, or installing or using the lobby, make a post here and someone will try and help you out.
evil_pro
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: evil_pro

CD Key issue

Post by evil_pro »

Hello everyone.
I'm having an issue with the NeoEE patch.
During the installation, a message box with the error symbol and the text "Invalid msg" pops up two times. It says the installation completed successfully.
The problem is that when I try to login with my account in the Multiplayer tab, it tells me that my CD Key is invalid, so that explains the two dialogs (one for each game's cd key).
I've tried turning off my antivirus protection and firewall and then tried the Repair CD Keys option in the NeoEE installer, but still no luck. The two "Invalid msg" errors still pop up during the repair attempt. After I pressed OK on both, two more show up, telling me "Art of Conquest CD Key successfully installed!" and "Empire Earth CD Key successfully installed!", but the problem presists.

I'd be very thankful for any help with this issue.
Thanks in advance,
Chris

evil_pro
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: evil_pro

Re: CD Key issue

Post by evil_pro »

Okay, that was fast.
The temporary solution to this issue is manually setting the CDKeyCheck property in WONLobby.cfg to false, in case anybody hits this issue.
Thanks a lot for your help Jodocus.

Return to “Support”