Upcomming 2.0.0.5 patch

Staff will post any new announcements in this forum, which can be discussed by other users.
Jodocus
NeoEE Developer
Lobby Username: Jodocus

Upcomming 2.0.0.5 patch

Post by Jodocus »

Hi there!

A long time has passed since the last patch, for both server and community. As some people might have noticed, the server (and the RIP hosting system) had to undergo multiple treatments to make them more robust and reliable. As for now I am proud to announce the new "Leviathan" server series which can be considered as the first versions of NeoEE servers that fully support each individual feature of the game.

Let me get to the details:

What's new on "Leviathan" 0.4.0.X?
  • The overall architecture has been overhauled such that it runs more stable (less crashes) and with better efficiency. Furthermore, its software design now is closer to true platform independency than ever before.
  • The database servers got upgraded and the storage policies have been altered. Some passwords may have been corrupted during the transformation. In that case, just send me some PM/whisper me and I will help you.
  • Some may have observed that some genious 1337 hacker used an old hacking tool to flood the lobby server with fake rooms and/or games. This is no longer possible on the new versions - therefore don't even consider trying it. (Disclaimer: At no time, any data had been stolen from the databases. These "hack" just aimed to disrupt the user experience of the lobby, nothing else.)
  • The features "username forgotten" and "password forgotten" have been implemented. You will now receive emails from "support@neoee.net". Make sure your spam protection doesn't block it!
So long for the boring part. What about the patch? As it is not finished yet, this list is not complete yet, so please be a bit patient. However, here are some of the highlights the patch will include:
  • The RIP-hosting system got an major upgrade. Besides a new UI, it automatically checks for forwarded ports (which should render HostPingRIP.txt almost useless). Additionally, it's enhanced by a second stage at which it tries to automatically forward ports via UPnP, thus enabling game ping and saved game transfer for those who have UPnP available and enabled on their routers. Finally, in some cases, it should now be possible to transfer the game host even to those people without port forwarding.
  • A source of game crashes has been removed from EEC and AOC.
  • The CDKey system gets renewed. This step will make it necessary for everyone to redownload the NeoEE installer.
  • New ressource options "Unlimited" and "None" are available.
  • New game variants have been added (e.g. "Tournament Extreme" a.k.a. "Hyperion" with higher gathering rates and less morale).
Stay tuned for more!

Black Star
Lobby Username: Die Gurke

Re: Upcomming 2.0.0.5 patch

Post by Black Star »

Great Job, Jodo we appreciate you still finding the time! Thumbs up!
[22:23:06] [-Ts-] Tricky: i dont even know what my name is anymore

RenWretched
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: RenWretched

Post by RenWretched »

Awesome work! I am excited for the upcoming patch, and the community will always be here to continue its support!

By the way, will the RIPHosting technology be ported to AoC as well in the update?

Jodocus
NeoEE Developer

Post by Jodocus »

RenWretched wrote:Awesome work! I am excited for the upcoming patch, and the community will always be here to continue its support!

By the way, will the RIPHosting technology be ported to AoC as well in the update?
Not in this one, although it may already help AOC users with UPnP-enabled routers to host. AoC has no RIP hosting for two major reasons: Firstly, there aren't many people left using it and secondly and most importantly: the technology is still under development and undergoes many changes. I'd have to maintain two versions simultaneously which increases my work alot.

P-51
Epic Multiplayer Scenario Team Member
Xfire: p51p51
Lobby Username: «•FRMB•»P-51

Post by P-51 »

SwiftRage Make AoC Great Again SwiftRage

Aizen
Basic Member
Lobby Username: ll/Wolfy

Post by Aizen »

Sweet Patch.
but i think it's missing something.

New accounts should Require a verify Inside the Email that was used to Create the account, So you can Log in. :shock: :ncool:
-NeW-: wolfy = ts anarchy
-NeW-: 0-4
--------------------------------------
"won him again 0-3"
-NeW- whispers to you: omg i ignored you u only talk bull shit fuck kiddy havent nothing need money about your parents fuck nerd son of the bitc*

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

Aizen wrote:Sweet Patch.

New accounts should Require a verify Inside the Email that was used to Create the account, So you can Log in. :shock: :ncool:

That'd be fking annoying.
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Aizen
Basic Member
Lobby Username: ll/Wolfy

Post by Aizen »

lightnessking. wrote:
Aizen wrote:Sweet Patch.

That'd be fking annoying.

Due to lack of players, Half smurfes.
-NeW-: wolfy = ts anarchy
-NeW-: 0-4
--------------------------------------
"won him again 0-3"
-NeW- whispers to you: omg i ignored you u only talk bull shit fuck kiddy havent nothing need money about your parents fuck nerd son of the bitc*

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

No it won't half smurfes, you can easily make a second email adres. But verifying your email adres as a new player can make them decide not to play at all. People who want to smurf will do it anyways.
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Jodocus
NeoEE Developer

Post by Jodocus »

Okay, here are some updates.

The deployment of the patch has been and will be a bit more delayed because there are some recent breakthroughs in several areas I'd like to share with you. Additional to the things I already mentioned in post #1 it is very likely that this (or in worst case the next) patch will include:
  • RIP hosting for AOC: I am working hard to get it to run, it still makes some problems, but I am optimistic to get it into 2.0.0.5/1.0.0.2.
  • Whispering notification when EE is minimized via flashing window effect: Right now I am still testing it, but I rather not expect it to make any troubles, thus it will be very likely released in 2.0.0.5.
  • High-resolution game menu and lobby: a prototype is ready but, in order to deploy it, a launcher application for EE is needed which I couldn't program yet, so it's rather not included in the upcomming patch. Also, the background images of the lobby are not fitting any longer in arbitrary resolutions, this needs a fix as well. However, if people are interested in a preview, I'd provide the prototype launcher as a download, although it might not be very comfortable to use.
Edit: I forgot to mention: It's not like RealForce and I are asking to do all the work alone. :) If there is for example anybody with some C++ knowledge and some interest in stuff like GUI programming, he could join us and write a launcher for EE and AOC.

drex888
Lobby Username: Drex888

Post by drex888 »

Greate release man! I look forward to that :P
flashing window effect? i have no idea what is it.

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

drex888 wrote: flashing window effect? i have no idea what is it.
It's when a minimized window flashes in color on the taskbar to let you know something is happening. For example, a window might flash from orange-highlight to no highlight, etc., on Windows 7 with a default theme.

drex888
Lobby Username: Drex888

Post by drex888 »

ah ok! thought at first I it was a new tech that I do not know :D thx Omega!

Jodocus
NeoEE Developer

Post by Jodocus »

Small update: all the promised features will definitely do it into the next patch (including high resolution lobby). We are close to completion, now it's up to testing. I would estimate that we can release it somewhen next week.

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

:thumbsupl: :thumbsupl:
Send me a PM or whisper if need testing
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Return to “Announcements”