Next NeoEE 2.0.0.5 Patch on NeoEE

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
RealForce
NeoEE Developer
Lobby Username: RealForce

Next NeoEE 2.0.0.5 Patch on NeoEE

Post by RealForce »

Hello Everyone
I might be a way for long for too many reasons with the Job and and and..Anyways
I got into the lobby of neoee and got smashed :P by a guy anyways that I have to fix the installer to delete registry keys and he gave me his nice website which will help me to find bugs
http://neoee.weebly.com
Thanks mate
Beta Testing at viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5862
Working on next Patch 5%
Next Patch Included:

- Wall Crash Fix ( Done)
Population List approved and (Done)
Game Variants
(Tournament Defensive ->Same as Tournament Gather Rate and Costs,Same ast Standard HP and Morality)
Hyperion->Instant Gather Rate nearly since it is 10 times Tournament ,Costs and HP as Tournament nearly.
(DeathMatch Double Gather Rate of Tournament ,nearly same Cost)
- New Game Resource
Unlimited Resources
No Resource
- New Maps: No resources Map (Done)+Other Omega Patch maps (Still)
- Fixing some Reported Bugs on the installer
- Fixing language Differences

Suggestions:
- Population List would be 100 by 100 instead of 50 by 50 which shows the list to be like this
50 100 150 200 250 until 4000
New Population list suggested to be 100 200 300 400

-Suggested to add new Game Variants such Tournament Low (Expensive Upgrades than the tournament ,slower gather rate) , Tournament High (cheaper upgrades than the Tournament Variant and faster gather rate) ...> I would need your ideas to make a good one!!!

- Kaz suggested to me to make a new Patch on gr to let people over gr to try neoee and I said to him "I can not make patch there .Did not u rememebr they stole my alpha 1.5 Patch? He said yes, but You did to Omega as well..Anyways It was Past Tribute screen I admited I did.I did not even Enjoy one day without being called a thieve. Even though that was a shot for gr to be alive in a good way.Anyways that was only a tribute screen not a whole patch like what RC did to my all settings and new adds of game resources and game variants and maps new plains with edited many many things,Can not really mention them so so so so so so many.You can see my changes in my old alpha 1.5 document and they are the same in rc2.2 even the files are copied from alpha

Suggestions are Welcome

Thanks
Attachments
New.png
New.png (52.3 KiB) Viewed 17105 times
Last edited by RealForce on Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:27 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Re: Next NeoEE 2.0.0.5 Patch on NeoEE

Post by Arntzen »

First off all, glad you posted here so we can see your thought process and bring our own suggestions before you publish a new patch.
RealForce wrote: - Kaz suggested to me to make a new Patch on gr to let people over gr to try neoee and I said to him "I can not make patch there .Did not u rememebr they stole my alpha 1.5 Patch? He said yes, but You did to Omega as well..Anyways It was Past Tribute screen I admited I did.I did not even Enjoy one day without being called a thieve. Even though that was a shot for gr to be alive in a good way.Anyways that was only a tribute screen not a whole patch like what RC did to my all settings and new adds of game resources and game variants and maps new plains with edited many many things,Can not really mention them so so so so so so many.You can see my changes in my old alpha 1.5 document and they are the same in rc2.2 even the files are copied from alpha
This is not exactly what I suggested, or what you said. Based on what you said in the lobby I assumed you were going to make the patch I was asking off, but after reading your interpretation of what was said I'm confused.

Here is what was actually said:
_[eC]_Arntzen_: why aren't you making a better patch for GR. which also installs neoee patch so all GR players have both? :D
RealForce: I planed it just yesterday
RealForce: They stole my alpha 1.5
RealForce: did not u remmeber?
_[eC]_Arntzen_: i have been requesting this since neoee came out
_[eC]_Arntzen_: i remember
_[eC]_Arntzen_: u also stole things from Omega patch :)

My suggestion is summed up in the first sentence, but I can elaborate further:
In a nutshell the patch used on GR "RC 2.2" is shit. So making a new and better patch shouldn't be that difficult. Since it'll be free and better, it will be easy to get people to download and install this new and better patch. Specially when it's common knowledge in GameRanger that the RC 2.2 patch was made (of course, mostly copy/paste) by a cheater.
In this patcher, there should also be the neoee patch. Meaning you'll download the new GR patch and get the neoee patch installed at the same time.
Basically with this patcher the community can decide for themselves where they want to play, without any struggle. Why is this a good thing for a NeoEE developer to do? Because NeoEE is better.

I've aired this suggestion many times, but it has been shut down.

Honestly I don't really care who stole what and whatnot. All we need to do is communicate with the GR community and ask what they want to be added to the next GR patch. The RC clan is still the biggest, so getting them on board is probably the most important.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

On the actual patch I suggest:

Adding the "everyone can host" system to AOC.
Adding all the other maps we had in the Omega patches. The more options the better, but make them at the bottom of the list, same with the "No resources" one.
Since you're adding "Unlimited resources", could you also add "No resources"? It would kinda be like the Omega patch Standard Low.

New map suggestion (It's important to note again that these are suggestions for another map type to chose between, not to change the ones we already got):
- Just like regular plains, but have half the amount of wood (if possible that these wood have double the resources, but not needed). This would be better for DM games. Since sometimes wood around your base really ruins them.
- Just like regular Mediterranean map, but change the hunt, so everyone gets 2 hippo and 2 elephants. (More fair for P2N games).

If you were to make a new Game Variant, it should be made in a way that doesn't fuck with scenarios. If it doesn't here are some suggestions:
Hyperactive:
10 times the gather rate on resources. New epochs having the Tournament game variant costs.
Tournament Defensive:
Tournament resource gathering and new epoch cost, but buildings should have Standard variant HP. Also if possible make Capitols maximum morale to 6, and Town Centers maximum morale to 4 like in Standard.
Expansionism:
Hunt, Forage and Farming gather rate tripled. Everything else like in Tournament game variant.

Overall I am all for adding new options, but don't want anything to be changed. Also, I would prefer the new options to be on the bottom of every list they are added to. New game variants should be under Tournament and Standard etc. Just to make it easier for the old stubborn EE-players who refuse to try anything new, and don't want anything to change.

On the actual release of this new patch I suggest:
1: First do a beta version so the ones of us with at least a little bit of computer knowledge can try find bugs etc before the real release.
2: Do the release at a time when you aren't too busy, just in case there are some errors/bugs and we need it fixed ASAP.

Samuel
Lobby Username: _[eC]_SamueL_

Post by Samuel »

I don't really know anything about whatever technicality might be required to potentially harness the numbers of GameRanger and channel them here, but if it's possible through that new installer thingy that kaz mentioned, then I'd really be all for it. I think that that would be perhaps the most important thing to add, so please consider it.

This is what's come up in my mind straight after reading this (though I am yet to put thought into it):

Maps
There's a lot of cool maps on GR, can they please be added here? I'm talking about things such as map "X" etc. Some of them are really cool, so please include them all.

Variants:
I really second the Hyperactive variant Kazter proposed, it sounds like it could be really fun.
Expansionism would also be cool.

Will post more about it after thinkin of it

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

Samuel wrote: Maps
There's a lot of cool maps on GR, can they please be added here? I'm talking about things such as map "X" etc. Some of them are really cool, so please include them all.
You mean these: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=573

All these comes from binary/Omega etc.

RealForce
NeoEE Developer

Post by RealForce »

Arntzen wrote:On the actual patch I suggest:

Adding the "everyone can host" system to AOC.
you mean NeoEE Hosting System like the EEC
As I rememebr jodocus said it before..I am still waiting him to work on this!
Arntzen wrote:Adding all the other maps we had in the Omega patches. The more options the better, but make them at the bottom of the list, same with the "No resources" one.
Since you're adding "Unlimited resources", could you also add "No resources"? It would kinda be like the Omega patch Standard Low.
New map suggestion (It's important to note again that these are suggestions for another map type to chose between, not to change the ones we already got):
Yes I think those are good suggestions
I will add No resource as well with Omega's Patch maps.
Dont worry my old Strategy was not changing anything in the game ,the Only thing was just adding things ! which I used to follow.
Arntzen wrote: - Just like regular plains, but have half the amount of wood (if possible that these wood have double the resources, but not needed). This would be better for DM games. Since sometimes wood around your base really ruins them.
- Just like regular Mediterranean map, but change the hunt, so everyone gets 2 hippo and 2 elephants. (More fair for P2N games).
I may consider those changes
Arntzen wrote: If you were to make a new Game Variant, it should be made in a way that doesn't fuck with scenarios.
Well , I know the reason why It was fucking scenarios
I will consider it...Thanks for remembering me
Arntzen wrote: Hyperactive:
10 times the gather rate on resources. New epochs having the Tournament game variant costs.
I like the name..It seems Perfect name for the new variant
Arntzen wrote: Tournament Defensive:
Tournament resource gathering and new epoch cost, but buildings should have Standard variant HP. Also if possible make Capitols maximum morale to 6, and Town Centers maximum morale to 4 like in Standard.
Expansionism:
Hunt, Forage and Farming gather rate tripled. Everything else like in Tournament game variant.
I dont know If I can find any hexadecimals related to Morals in the file.I need to check otherwise everthing seems good
What about Standard game variants?you only talked about tournament game variant
Arntzen wrote: Overall I am all for adding new options, but don't want anything to be changed. Also, I would prefer the new options to be on the bottom of every list they are added to. New game variants should be under Tournament and Standard etc. Just to make it easier for the old stubborn EE-players who refuse to try anything new, and don't want anything to change.
Agree

Arntzen wrote: On the actual release of this new patch I suggest:
1: First do a beta version so the ones of us with at least a little bit of computer knowledge can try find bugs etc before the real release.
2: Do the release at a time when you aren't too busy, just in case there are some errors/bugs and we need it fixed ASAP.
This is what we used to do in NeoEE :)
Thanks for your Good Suggestions

RealForce
NeoEE Developer

Post by RealForce »

Samuel wrote:I don't really know anything about whatever technicality might be required to potentially harness the numbers of GameRanger and channel them here, but if it's possible through that new installer thingy that kaz mentioned, then I'd really be all for it. I think that that would be perhaps the most important thing to add, so please consider it.

This is what's come up in my mind straight after reading this (though I am yet to put thought into it):

Maps

Variants:
I really second the Hyperactive variant Kazter proposed, it sounds like it could be really fun.

This is what I am thinking on
Surely Mate

Samuel

Post by Samuel »

Arntzen wrote:
Samuel wrote: Maps
You mean these: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=573

All these comes from binary/Omega etc.
I know, but there are more.

Like DeadLand for example (similar to Zeus, but instead of having a settlement at the start, you have a tent), or Team Islands (which sounds really cool) and a lot more.

Also, would it be possible to add a "Tiny Islands"(Archipelago) map?
Small Islands has got too few islands, for example, if you are 4 players there will only be 5 islands (4 for the players and one in the middle). I am talking about a map where your starting island is tiny and just has 1 iron/1 gold/1 stone etc with many more tiny islands in the middle (not all of them have to have exactly 1 gold 1 iron 1 stone. One of them might just have one gold, or maybe 2 golds, or whatever).

Currently, if you play small islands with 8 players you might still fare pretty well even if you do not expand. Making the isles smaller will force the players to expand and make the fighting all the more interesting, with ship fights becoming more frequent etc
Last edited by Samuel on Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Samuel

Post by Samuel »

RealForce wrote:
Samuel wrote:I don't really know anything about whatever technicality might be required to potentially harness the numbers of GameRanger and channel them here, but if it's possible through that new installer thingy that kaz mentioned, then I'd really be all for it. I think that that would be perhaps the most important thing to add, so please consider it.

Maps

Variants:

This is what I am thinking on
Surely Mate
Thank you

RealForce
NeoEE Developer

Post by RealForce »

About Making a patch in gr..I would need Jodocus Words to make it,else I am not going to make it at all
I just wait him

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

RealForce wrote:About Making a patch in gr..I would need Jodocus Words to make it,else I am not going to make it at all
I just wait him
Why?

RealForce
NeoEE Developer

Post by RealForce »

Since He worked too much in neoee Project spent his life to make it in this way ,and I can not do anything that might affect his work.
I respect him too much,I would need his suggestions before doing anything

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

RealForce wrote:Since He worked too much in neoee Project spent his life to make it in this way ,and I can not do anything that might affect his work.
Okey. Still not sure if I'm being understood. The NoeEE-patch update will work as normal. NeoEE players wont get the GR thing.
What I'm asking is a separate installer for the GR-community, that includes a better patch for the GR-players, and also installs NeoEE at the same time.
This is not about forcing the GR-players to join NeoEE, they could still play 100% on GR after this patch as well, it's just about making it easier for them to try out NoeEE.
If you or Jodocus are negative towards this idea, I would be very pleased if you guys could explain why.

RealForce
NeoEE Developer

Post by RealForce »

Arntzen wrote:
RealForce wrote:Since He worked too much in neoee Project spent his life to make it in this way ,and I can not do anything that might affect his work.
Okey. Still not sure if I'm being understood. The NoeEE-patch update will work as normal. NeoEE players wont get the GR thing.
What I'm asking is a separate installer for the GR-community, that includes a better patch for the GR-players, and also installs NeoEE at the same time.
This is not about forcing the GR-players to join NeoEE, they could still play 100% on GR after this patch as well, it's just about making it easier for them to try out NoeEE.
If you or Jodocus are negative towards this idea, I would be very pleased if you guys could explain why.
I agree but I have to include some features for gr players so they will install our new patch otherwise they will not do it if the patch has not too many new features for their gr.So that is why I have to ask Jodocus what features I have to give for GR Patch.

jokbon
Basic Member
Lobby Username: jokbon

Post by jokbon »

Real force that is how your instaler bug sounds like
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5770

:arrow: Bug:"If u uninstal neoee then try to instal again neo ee instal crashes".

Real force that is how your instaler bug sounds like
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5770

That thing caused by registry keys that are not deleted after uninstal.
When neo ee is uninstaled it leaves:
- Registry keys
- Random generated folder in C:UsersYOURUSERNAMEAppDataLocal

:arrow: Bug: "Rip Ping" If u can fix it please fix or just delete pinging freature because new players leave neo ee because it shows them "your ping is rip"and they think they cant play it at all.

:arrow: Bug: In game setings game shows sometimes wrong setings to other players, and in loby list too.

:arrow: NEW FREATURE Change prophet population from 5 to 3. it uses just too much.

:arrow: NEW FREATURE Increase transport boat population by 4

:arrow: NEW FREATURE Add new technology to multiplayer cargo truck, change cargo truck population capacity to 8.

:arrow: NEW FREATURE Add butomn to set game setings in lobby as default.

:arrow: I didnt agree with sugestion "Population List" because players that have crappy pc needs much more acurate seting.

:arrow: This is maybe too dificult. Canceling to tribute doesnt work (yeah i know that cheat) but is any other way to fix that?

:arrow: This is maybe too dificult but player can't play scenario on neo ee. can be modification that could put neo ee names to hosters temporary scenario file to be able to play costumn multiplayer maps on neo ee without having a specific name?

Return to “EE General Discussion”