any old ADR clan members playing?

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
Red_Cloud
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: Red_Cloud

Re: any old ADR clan members playing?

Post by Red_Cloud »

Ghost wrote:Yeah, so was I but I never took credit for the simple build orders I use :roll: . You and Sniper both were like "oh lawd my new strat I made up ALL BY MYSELF pwns so much, it's so much better than all you noobs' strats come 1v1 me watch me pwn." Of course this would always happen not long after we got out of a 1v1 hour...

As for me, the first 3 rax start I was ever shown was given to me by Miracle, perhaps better known as True_Noob in his later days, which was for imp/gren mix. I'd give credit for a 2 rax super gren start to Nathan, who pretty much perfected it, and I observed it. The first 2 stable goon start I figured out for myself not long after that, although the first civ I used for it was given to me by MaTT. I was also shown a P2N islands build order by Stealthsly a long ass time ago.

Other than that I've never really received formal training, for any sett, and I've made probably >95% of my civs myself, which had been altered time and time again as I learned more and more over the years. A lot of great players know how to fine-tune their strategy, but everyone found their roots somewhere.

I'm not so selfish as to claim everything I know as my own findings -- I've been given tips from tons of players over the years, some of whom still play, and I'd be glad to credit them if the list weren't so lengthy. However, that's not my place in the community now; it's to pass that information on to others.

I'm not disagreeing with the fact that you were good at Indy SH, but for you to act like you just simply gained amazing skill and knowledge in the sett all on your own, was and still is complete horse shit. Don't give me that "I pwn indy sh gg no re" shit because you're talking to a guy who loved to play Indy SH so much that he thinks "grens" is a disgrace. I know for a fact that anyone who gained a great amount of skill in Indy SH, or any sett for that matter, didn't do it alone. We got to today's skill by sharing strategy with our peers, training noobs, then sharing strategy even more.
Thanks for the post man, you have a good attitude and this is exactly the kind of players that attracted me back to EE after over 7 years of not playing. I remember too, when indy SH was made up of a complex network of extremely good and strategic players. I was handed down from whom I believe was one of the fastest if not the fastest cav rusher online at the time and that was penguini_RuShEr. He rarely played anymore when I got on, and i was fortunate enough to observe is strat and get his civ. Now here I am after all these years re-learning and re-thinking the game. It's nice to know there are still oldschool players on here man. I've met a few and have got nothing but positive encouragement and advice; the very thing that keeps any game lobby alive and fun.

PS: yes i think grenwars is a disgrace.

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Yeah penguini was a cool guy, at one point he was a top player but when he stopped playing as much and others started getting the strats down to a science, he fell down a bit into the above average category. He made some good scens tho when he was out :)
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

SlipKnoT
Nemesis

Post by SlipKnoT »

played a game vs u yesterday red. i was nF crimson. we didnt get to finish it but we will play again. nice breakdown ghost. many ppl probly have no clue of all that but i recall when i was a noob and those guys pwned asses. ive always been indy sh at heart and always will. fav sett on EE. gren is a sick virus but needs must if im gonna find players to fuel the next TL and other sett ressurgence

DarkAngel101
Forum Noob
Xfire: chronic960
Lobby Username: DarkAngel101

Post by DarkAngel101 »

Welp... Im Back now O.o

I was ADR DarkAngel101..

And AKA Outlet for awhile
DarkAngel101/Outlet

Dark Side, ADR, -nDa-, Mafia

SlipKnoT
Nemesis

Post by SlipKnoT »

wow DA. really u? long time

DarkAngel101
Forum Noob
Xfire: chronic960
Lobby Username: DarkAngel101

Post by DarkAngel101 »

i remember when ROK formed ghosty and u were weened like a baby into EE ;) . glad to hear your passing along the knowledge now though man, thats what keeps this game alive dude <3
DarkAngel101/Outlet

Dark Side, ADR, -nDa-, Mafia

ben55

Post by ben55 »

I remember always making fun of ADR calling you guys All Dumb Rushers. I think inVINCEable logs on sometimes. He was an ADR for a long time.
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible"!"

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Well all the ADR guys you played with were probably a bunch of scrubs, most of the older guys are pretty cool dudes.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

P0key
Lurker
Lobby Username: P0key

Post by P0key »

ADR DareDoo checking in :)

adr_lr_aussie
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: adr_lr_aussie

Post by adr_lr_aussie »

Hey Daredoo! Aussie here

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

5 year later.... lol
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

ADR_F_Edward
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: ADR_F_Edward

Post by ADR_F_Edward »

ADR_Edward reporting :)

ADR_F_Edward
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: ADR_F_Edward

Post by ADR_F_Edward »

Any old ADR still gaming please shoot me an email!
I’d love to catch up. ☺️

Slawrence1883@gmail.com

DesertBeard
Lurker
Lobby Username: ADR_Phineas

Post by DesertBeard »

ADR_Phineas present and accounted for!! Edward and I have somewhat stayed in touch so he pointed me here. I'm reading this thread and feeling some extreme nostalgia. I wasn't one of the top in the clan, "Hall of Martyrdom" was one of the few decorations I received from the top brass, but I was a cog in the machine, producing whatever was required en masse, lol. Was always better at the long-game rather than the rushing, too. Love hearing these names from the great beyond like Vince, Daredoo, Aussie, etc. It would be great to get "the band back together", haha!!

Return to “EE General Discussion”