Best EE Player Of All Time!?!

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.

Best EE'er of all time?

Samuel
5%
Omega
5%
ras
10%
Epic
5%
Wolvy
1%
Phobia/Zeke
10%
lion_
5%
Bones
4%
Krass
26%
BE
2%
Elfanor
4%
Lavanger
4%
Twisted Bum
1%
Goldeneye
11%
Captain Nemo
5%

Total votes: 168

Udolf
Lobby Username: Udolf

Re: Best EE Player Of All Time!?!

Post by Udolf »

Ok, I don't know RIC. :D Thanks for telling me.
Aren't you the best EE player, Arntzen? You win almost every match in your Youtube videos. Why aren't you listed in the poll?

BigRon
Lobby Username: BigRon

Post by BigRon »

Arntzen wrote:Maybe you aren't caught up to the trolling these days. "___RIC___" was a shitty player, people saying he was the best are fooling you! :thumbsupl:

LOL YOU R JUST BUTTHURT CUZ U WERE A UNKNOWN BACK IN THE DAY AND WERE NOT ALLOWED TO JOIN HIS GAMES. NOW YOU ARE CLAIMING TO BE THE BEST PLAYER EVER AND GET OFF TO THE FACT THAT ALL THE NEW PLAYERS ON EE SEE YOU AS THEIR NEW ROLEMODEL JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE STILL HOSTING 1VS1 ANY SET 1000-0 GAMES. IN FACT YOU ARE JUST A COPYCAT OF THE GREAT ANDREAS EC KRASS ULRICH BUT DEEP INSIDE YOU KNOW THAT YOU WILL NEVER REACH THE LEVEL ANDREAS EC KRASS ULRICH WAS PLAYING ON.

RIP ARNZER 2015- WAS NEVER ABLE TO BEAT ANDREAS EC_KRASS ULRICH

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

BigRon goin' apeshit wrote:blablabla
HAHAHA

I knew this would trigger some of the AOC-fanboys to flip out.

Udolf wrote: Aren't you the best EE player, Arntzen? You win almost every match in your Youtube videos. Why aren't you listed in the poll?
No.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Popeofdope
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: PopeofDope

Post by Popeofdope »

Hi,
this is a reply to the original question: who is the Best EE player of all time.

I myself was a noob when the original servers were online, so I dont know how good these players were back then. I only got good at this game around 2010/2011 i believe. I quit playing for a long time, and only installed EE about a month ago. I played League of Legends during these times, I was a Diamond 1 player for a long time, got tired of playing LoL and never had the time to try and reach challenger/play competitive. As it turns out, rank 1000 is ridiculously far away from rank 200.

I've found the servers to be even less competitive and less active, and also discovered that nobody on gameranger got anywhere near the skills of any of the above listed players.

So i'd like to give my opinion of the listed players, and maybe add some players.

First things first.
I never saw twisted bum, the mod dm legend,
I never saw Elfanor, who I believe won the world championship.

I dont really know how good the players omega, epic, zeke, krass and lion are, because I didnt play that much games with them. I did see them play, and they were better players than me, but I cant rate them.

What I saw of BE was pretty shit, he didnt live up to the fame I heard of other players. A good player but worse than me. He might have been much better back in the day.

Samuel is a very good liga player, i played alot of games vs him and he taught me alot. He was better than me at liga, but I never considered him the best. He also didnt show interest in any other set than liga.

Ras is a very good all set player, my best 1v1 was a 3 hour f11 mod dm game, he'd often go for a second tier strategy to make things interesting. I liked him alot as a person. I however dont consider him the best EE player of all time.

Wolvy and Bones were very good players, I cant say much but they were definately up there with ras. However not the best EE players ever.

Lavanger was one of the best players I saw, although I didnt see him that much.

Then theres 2 players left on the list. Captain Nemo and Goldeneye.
Nobody will ever deny that Captain nemo is the best Mod DM player of all time. To me he's the best EE player I ever saw. He had the craziest macro ever. I never beat him even once in a fair matchup.

Goldeneye is a close second to me, when you have to make a list of "best 5 players ever at set X" goldeneye will be at every single one of them. Amazing player.

I always heard from people that krass was the best player, but he simply never played in my time.

Also this does not count pre. I believe that players like EARTH, FIRE, Godsend, water etc deserve some respect because they were some of the best pre players ever. And lets be honest here, pre to nano is the only set alive on neo EE.

Now some extras:
All of these players were already that good when empire earth was competitive.
Players like me, kazter, lancelot, stavalfi, ... only got good at EE when it was already dead/dying. (matter of opinion.)

I think kazter is the best EE player ever who was not good during the sierra servers.

Also some respect to Sir Tano, one of the only gameranger players that I consider to be good and is actively trying to become the best.

Thanks for reading my wall of text.

Greetings,
Pope Of Dope
The best EE player ever who never learnt hotkeys.

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

Interesting read. I was certain you thought Goldy > Nemo honestly. :D

About the extra stuff
Popeofdope wrote:All of these players were already that good when empire earth was competitive.
Players like me, kazter, lancelot, stavalfi, ... only got good at EE when it was already dead/dying. (matter of opinion.)
What do you mean by this? And if i were to mention someone completely "newschool" it would be Gurke.
Popeofdope wrote:I think kazter is the best EE player ever who was not good during the sierra servers.
This doesn't really say much to be honest.
and
Popeofdope wrote:Also some respect to Sir Tano, one of the only gameranger players that I consider to be good and is actively trying to become the best.
GaaraKTB is the best out of the GR players these days IMO, better than tano by a mile.

tool
Lobby Username: (Zabijej) Tool

Post by tool »

L A V A N G E R undisputed, pce
mhm?!?

ben55

Post by ben55 »

haven't played in 2 years or so i think, but looking back i'd say

lavanger, goldeneye, krass, and bones were the most impressive if u looked at all settings eec + aoc..

if u speak strictly all settings aoc or eec you could maybe knock a few out, but there was maybe a dozen players that really played both games and all settings at a very high lvl. i didn't even play dm and liga until the save-ee server.
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible"!"

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

ben55 wrote:lavanger, goldeneye, krass, and bones were the most impressive if u looked at all settings eec + aoc..
I like that you mentioned bones. he gets far too little credit IMO.

Samuel
Lobby Username: _[eC]_SamueL_

Post by Samuel »

When I saw Pope of Dope had just posted in here .... I thought he was going to di some celebrating of himself with a bunch of descriptively abstract reasons on why he himself was "the best player ever". I never imagined he could have even made it worse than that.

Nemo best ever at Mod DM can be said ..... only .... best ever overall counting every set seems just so far fetched looooooooool

You put Goldeneye in 2nd position, I'm sure Nemo will also agree Goldeneye was better than him overall.

With that being said, he was a really solid player.

Samuel
Lobby Username: _[eC]_SamueL_

Post by Samuel »

BigRon wrote:
Arntzen wrote:Maybe you aren't caught up to the trolling these days. "___RIC___" was a shitty player, people saying he was the best are fooling you! :thumbsupl:

LOL YOU R JUST BUTTHURT CUZ U WERE A UNKNOWN BACK IN THE DAY AND WERE NOT ALLOWED TO JOIN HIS GAMES. NOW YOU ARE CLAIMING TO BE THE BEST PLAYER EVER AND GET OFF TO THE FACT THAT ALL THE NEW PLAYERS ON EE SEE YOU AS THEIR NEW ROLEMODEL JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE STILL HOSTING 1VS1 ANY SET 1000-0 GAMES. IN FACT YOU ARE JUST A COPYCAT OF THE GREAT ANDREAS EC KRASS ULRICH BUT DEEP INSIDE YOU KNOW THAT YOU WILL NEVER REACH THE LEVEL ANDREAS EC KRASS ULRICH WAS PLAYING ON.

Wow, I remember when I left EE 5 years ago BigRon was already writing these messages. I'd have expected him to have grown up and to have drop it by now, but apparently he's still going over shit like this regularly on an internet forum, I wonder if his couch and the popcorns keep being his best friends like back then loooool
Now look at him going with a random reply furtherly proving how butthurt he is LOLOLOL

That's just so funny it made my day :D

BigRon
Lobby Username: BigRon

Post by BigRon »

Samuel wrote:
BigRon wrote:

Wow, I remember when I left EE 5 years ago BigRon was already writing these messages. I'd have expected him to have grown up and to have drop it by now, but apparently he's still going over shit like this regularly on an internet forum, I wonder if his couch and the popcorns keep being his best friends like back then loooool
Now look at him going with a random reply furtherly proving how butthurt he is LOLOLOL

That's just so funny it made my day :D
SORRY I CANT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING OTHER THAN ,,,NOM NOM NOM _[EC]_KRASS YOUR COCK IS SO JUICY NOM NOM NOM PLEASE PUT IT DEEPER NOM NOM

Udolf
Lobby Username: Udolf

Post by Udolf »

Are there any Youtube videos of Krass and/or Goldeneye to see (and learn) how they play?

SlipKnoT
Nemesis

Post by SlipKnoT »

Not going into an in depth post here. But one thing is for sure, nemo doesnt get the credit he deserves because he never cared enough about liga. Both his skills and contributions to EE are deserving of the highest honors. From creating and staying loyal to some of the best clans on ee to training many players and being an all round enjoyable person to play with or against makes him someone i have massive respect for.

On that note perhaps the question of most skilled player will never be agreed upon or answered fully, maybe some other questions are better posed and that is,

most respected player?
player who contributed most to EE?

ben55

Post by ben55 »

I'd vote Skulls for most respected. I don't know of anyone who disliked him. He also did quite a bit for the community.
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible"!"

SlipKnoT
Nemesis

Post by SlipKnoT »

Totally agree on that. There is nobody i respect more on ee than him. Exceptional skills too when he was active

Return to “EE General Discussion”